Charity Shop & Poundshop Finds

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Nothing special today but jolly useful (maybe) - a 2 litre (4 quart, 8 cup) glass measuring jug (50p) that will be used either for watering the plants or serving gravy, custard, white wine.

View attachment 18694
Oh I SAY! WHAT a bargain.

Is it Pyrex? Or similar. I love those.

We currently own three of the smaller ones, two smoky and one clear.
The clear one has the hook handle so I can keep it on the utensil rack. Must have had it 5 years or more, cost 50p. Use it most days!

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
This...... Today, my brother found it in Autism plus! View attachment 18863
I was promised such a mug for renewing my Fortean Times subscription way back when - except that I was sent a T shirt instead. It was a size medium. Oh how I laughed ... for about 2 seconds until I realised it was useless as I'm an XL. Now in a charity shop somewhere near you.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
This...... Today, my brother found it in Autism plus! View attachment 18863
I'm envious .. I've had yearly subscriptions twice now but timed it wrong both times so I've never got any freebies .. I'd also quite like one of those FT pens they were gifting that had the mini post-it note dispenser inside.
All subscribers overseas don't get little goodies (shame! I want a Fortean Mug - I'll just settle for being a Fortean Mug!) - I guess postage rates for overseas is a little steep...

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
All subscribers overseas don't get little goodies (shame! I want a Fortean Mug - I'll just settle for being a Fortean Mug!) - I guess postage rates for overseas is a little steep...
UK subscribers don't get goodies either. I think I got a mouse mat when I first signed-up ten years ago or so, but nothing since.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
UK subscribers don't get goodies either. I think I got a mouse mat when I first signed-up ten years ago or so, but nothing since.
I think Fortean Towers has done away with those goodies, along with the Uncon, and have just settled for producing the best magazine after Modern Drunkard Magazine! (Yes, that is a real thing, I don't know if it's still going, but it was out there!)

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
I think Fortean Towers has done away with those goodies, along with the Uncon, and have just settled for producing the best magazine after Modern Drunkard Magazine! (Yes, that is a real thing, I don't know if it's still going, but it was out there!)
It still exists online it seems.

Let's get hammered.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
This is a thing of beauty - a Blue Meanie dog-chew about three inches high, that's in pretty good condition considering (the nose was me).
Anyone else got one ? I think not (but let me know). So good it got photographed twice.

View attachment 19128 View attachment 19129
Yes, I have one! It sits on my bookshelves, along with various other knick-knacks I've accumulated. I've never chewed it, though.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Ripley's (believe It or not) Search for the Shrunken Heads and other Curiosities (£2.00), which is a surprisingly entertaining and well-laid out book. Also a booklet of 50 Wine Recipes (home-made, pre-decimal) and a copy of Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (just because).
A green card fell out of one of the books marked "RESERVE" awarded to D. Green of the South East Essex Fancier Society (26/09/76). I believe he was a Fancier of rabbits but I haven't included the link (or photo) to the only mention of the Society on the web. If anyone knows Mr D. Green or Thomas the rabbit (or indeed are Mr Green) then I will of course return the book-marker.

Ripley_0369.jpg Ripley_0370.jpg

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Publisher not Fortean Towers and the free gift only applies to your initial subscription, no reward for loyalty.