Charity Shop & Poundshop Finds

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Which is how I felt when I saw a film late one night that had Carmen Silvera from Allo Allo topless. It just didn't feel right, like seeing your boss in an indecently small pair of swimming trunks.
I've seen that too, it's called Clinic Exclusive. She plays a desperate lesbian in it. The 70s were mad.

tuco

Spitting in a wishing well
Is anyone else having charity shop withdrawal ?, I used to look around my local ones ( about a dozen ) at least once a week, I have found myself thinking about walking to the nearest ones to look through the windows a few times, I even had a strange charity shop themed dream the other night !

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Is anyone else having charity shop withdrawal ?
Yep: It's my main form of shopping, to the extent that I'd even go so far as to call it a hobby. I luuuuurve my bus trips to nearby towns to rake through mounds of dirt for the occasional gold nugget.

Recent scores include:

A Swanndri Bushshirt, £155 reduced to £15

An AeroPress coffee maker, £25 to £6.99

A Rab down-filled gilet for £5

A Barbour ventile coat at 75% discount

A Barbour plaid shirt, £60 down to £5

... And books too numerous to detail.

*sigh*

maximus otter

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
Is anyone else having charity shop withdrawal ?, I used to look around my local ones ( about a dozen ) at least once a week, I have found myself thinking about walking to the nearest ones to look through the windows a few times, I even had a strange charity shop themed dream the other night !
Yes, I love a charity shop wander. Perhaps we should post pictures of random junk in our houses to help get each other through it. :loveu:

In the past couple of weeks, I've had a nostalgic desire to play some of my old cassettes again, so when we're all allowed to browse charity shops again (May, June?), I'll be on the lookout for a Walkman type player to plug into my car stereo. I see you can still buy them new, but frankly, they look like that, and I'd rather take my chances with second-hand!