Charity Shop & Poundshop Finds

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I am not sure I have posted this correctly but here it is. Cool eh? I will email as the phone won't be much good with no-one in the shop! View attachment 26589
Had a look for Kraken fabrics online and they are expensive.

My usual fabric shop is closed for now. They stock unusual prints which I regularly rifle but I've never seen anything like that!

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
I see he is live-streaming as well as some live gigs! sounds like an opportunity to me :)
A recent live-stream of The Mezzotint:

Obviously 2020 has imposed its limitations on the quality of the broadcast - it can't be a patch on seeing him live - but you'll get a good flavour of his embodiment of "Monty".

maximus otter

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Under what circumstances would one want to press bacon?
To quote Amazon: "Bacon can curl, making it hard to cook evenly. Cast iron bacon press flattens the bacon, and other foods, keeping shape for even cooking". First World problem and requires large frying pan.
Some-one then asked the question "Does it leave a pig shape in the bacon ?". Answer : "no it doesn't". Bugger - I thought it did, although it sort of works on German spice biscuits.

press_0051.jpg Press_0052.jpg

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I like quality products so couldn't resist this delightfully accurate Tower of Pisa mug. It's about the size of a half-pint mug and is a thing of, er, outstanding beauty, and only a quid too! How could I possibly resist?!

Attachments

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I like quality products so couldn't resist this delightfully accurate Tower of Pisa mug. It's about the size of a half-pint mug and is a thing of, er, outstanding beauty, and only a quid too! How could I possibly resist?!
Oh I have something even MORE crassly Italian than that! :D

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This week, I managed to pick up a first edition Harry Potter hardback for the princely sum of £3.50.

OK, before you all rush in to call me out for telling fibs, it wasn't The Philosopher's Stone (it was The Half-blood Prince, as it happens), but who knows - it still might be worth something one day!