• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Here we go, wasn't hard to find. I wonder if he'll make an attraction out of it? I'm Facebook friends with David Oman who lives on Cielo Drive and believes his house is haunted by the spirits of Sharon Tate, Jay Sebring & others. He and his home have been featured on the t.v shows Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters and a number of others and he often hosts paranormal/ghost hunting evening there. His home is just meters away from the gated entrance to what was 10050 Cielo Drive.

The Charles Manson Murder House Was Bought by 'Ghost Adventures' Host Zak Bagans

The 42-year-old is known to collect items and properties with dark histories.
  • Ghost Adventures host Zak Bagans has bought the Los Feliz Spanish-style home that once belonged to Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary LaBianca.
  • The 1,655-square-foot home was made famous by the Manson Family who tragically murdered the LaBiancas in August 1969.
  • The California house was originally listed by Redfin on July 11 for $1.98 million.
After almost three weeks on the real estate market, the California house made famous by Charles Manson has been sold to Ghost Adventures host Zak Bagans. Located at 3301 Waverly Drive in Los Feliz, Los Angeles, the 1,655-square-foot Spanish-style home was the scene of the tragic murders of supermarket executive Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary LaBianca at the hands of the Manson Family.
https://www.housebeautiful.com/desi...charles-manson-murder-house-ghost-adventures/

If anyone is interested, the swedish magazine Café has an interview with Squeaky. She tries to play an enviromental angle, claiming they were like Gretha Thunberg.

Has anyone else read Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA and the Secret History of the Sixties by Tom O'Neill?
If you did, what did you think of it?

I found some of the new evidence to be quite extraordinary. The story of Manson's parole officer is particularly fascinating, and indicative of strange connections behind the scenes.

Also it was great to have some evidence that was completely new to me, properly researched and properly referenced. Although at some points I found it all turned into Alphabet Soup and I couldn't follow the complex chains of reasoning, those chains seem sound and supported by documentary evidence.

For anyone interested in the Manson thing (like me), this book has new stuff!!! Exclusive interviews, unique revelations!
It was great fun, and very thought provoking in regard to the sheer strangeness of the 60s..

Three hours with the author of Chaos, Tom O'Neill...

I'm reading this book at the moment. I'm enjoying it so far. Without spoiling it for others, as @Newt above has mentioned, there's lots of new information, particularly pertaining to his parole officer (this is where I'm up to) which ties into a complex web of theories and evidence stretching throughout many of the major incidents both true and rumoured of the 60's.

Edit: Btw - Listening to the podcast as I browse here on the forum. Exceptional, even if you've not read the book and have just a slight interest in the Manson case. Thanks @sherbetbizarre

Last edited:
Edit: Btw - Listening to the podcast as I browse here on the forum. Exceptional, even if you've not read the book and have just a slight interest in the Manson case. Thanks @sherbetbizarre
At some point in the book he meets fellow Manson author Nikolas Schreck. Schreck eventually falls out with him over the whole "CIA mind control" thing, which Schreck doesn't buy. However, they both agree the whole Helter Skelter motive was bogus, and that the house on Cielo Drive was essentially drug central to the Hollywood stars (subsequently covered up, with the murders occurring after a burnt drug deal)

Below is a very interesting Podcast with Shreck, just after Tom O'Neill's book came out-

https://midnightwriternews.com/mwn-...and-the-tate-labianca-murders-50-years-later/

At some point in the book he meets fellow Manson author Nikolas Schreck. Schreck eventually falls out with him over the whole "CIA mind control" thing, which Schreck doesn't buy. However, they both agree the whole Helter Skelter motive was bogus, and that the house on Cielo Drive was essentially drug central to the Hollywood stars (subsequently covered up, with the murders occurring after a burnt drug deal)

Below is a very interesting Podcast with Shreck, just after Tom O'Neill's book came out-

https://midnightwriternews.com/mwn-...and-the-tate-labianca-murders-50-years-later/

Excellent, I'll listen to this one next. Even 50 years on there's new information coming to the surface which in itself is remarkable and which all adds to the sinister air of this case.

That was fascinating - thanks for posting. Just the several hours of listening to his other 2 podcasts to go now..

That was fascinating - thanks for posting. Just the several hours of listening to his other 2 podcasts to go now..

A great podcast, I listened to it in full today and like you, now have the others to go.
Mr Schreck is an interesting guy, full of information plus a few theories of his own. One benefit he has is actually having met and talked to (befriended?) Manson and a few of his followers.
I've tried sourcing his 1000 page book online though the usual places as it sounds like a must read but have only found second hand copies for hundreds of dollars. Does anyone own a copy (is it worthwhile?) or know where to buy it?

I've tried sourcing his 1000 page book online though the usual places as it sounds like a must read but have only found second hand copies for hundreds of dollars. Does anyone own a copy (is it worthwhile?) or know where to buy it?
He's prepping the new edition to come out this year. So I'm waiting for that!

Having waded through the Rogan/O'Neill podcast & 2 episodes of the Schreck interviews with one [3½ hours long] still to go, I'm no clearer. O'Neill seems to go more with the 'mind control lsd experiments' which are somewhat in line with the Bugliosi Helter Skelter story.

Schreck on the other hand is more 'drug deal gone wrong/revenge'. They've both spent decades investigating the story & dug up fascinating detail but come to different conclusions.

The details O'Neill has dug up about Bugliosi are astonishing - his stalking of his milkman who he believed had fathered his [Bugliosi's] son, & the beating up of a woman he'd had an affair with & got pregnant, are almost unbelievable. He comes across as dangerous & mentally ill. All of this he says is documented. To think he was prosecutor in the Manson case, ran for DA, & was involved in the JFK murder story..

It's a feckin' murky world.

[QUOTE="hunck, post: 1956521, member: 43819"It's a feckin' murky world.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth? I just read the Bugliosi/milkman pages this morning after just a minute of digging found websites going back to 2006 detailing this story. These two links below have some interesting reading:

http://tatelabianca.blogspot.com/2006/06/bugging-installment-four.html
and
http://realhistoryarchives.blogspot.com/2007/05/reclaiming-history-from-vince-bugliosi.html

I feel that O'Neil is somewhat on the right track, although that being said I've listed to both of the newer Nikolas Schreck podcasts and what he states seems logical also. Perhaps the truth lays somewhere between the two theories, but will we ever really know?

I don't think we will ever know.

Thanks for the links. You could go down the rabbit hole for weeks on those. I've started reading My Life With Charles Manson on the tatelabianca.blogspot one, out of print for 25 years but set out chapter by chapter there. It says:

By Popular Demand we bring you MY LIFE WITH CHARLES MANSON by Paul Watkins, required reading for all Manson Scholars. Remember the following- Paul was there. Paul loved Charlie. Paul then turned on Charlie. Paul actually tried then to REPLACE Charlie. Read this with all of the above in mind. This book is COPYRIGHTED by Paul Watkins and Guillermo Soledad, and thus also presumably by Martha Watkins. This book has been out of print for twenty five years. We present it here for research purposes only because you cannot find a freaking copy.

Fascinating story told by Paul Watkins who was there at the time to some degree, detailing his various dealings with the Manson family. He paints a vivid picture of what life was like at the ranch & his participation in the sex/drugs & all the people involved [but not murders, at least so far - I'm up to chapter 4] Well worth a read.

He was just a young guy of 19 when he met them, who'd dropped out/bummed around, met them by chance & became involved.

Manson comes across as a manipulative/charismatic con artist & was considerably older than the 'family'. Nothing really new there but it's a fascinating picture of the shenanigans that went on & Manson's stream-of-consciousness blatherings. Somewhat like the cults of Koresh & Jim Jones, with less religion & more drugs.

In chapter 2, they visit Dennis Wilson at his house & 'persuade' him to give them a lot of his expensive clothes & more - gold discs for record sales. He has a Ferrari in his drive which Watkins says they manage to borrow & total a few weeks later.

I'm coming to regard Schreck as something of a Manson apologist even though he has unearthed a lot. O'Neill comes across as more dispassionate, a journalist who had no real interest in the case until he started digging..

Earlier today I received an email from a podcast that I subscribe to that focuses on the darker side (think deaths, suicides, scandals & crime etc) of Hollywood. Within it was a link to this video of Scott Michaels, the podcaster who runs the Find A Death website recently interviewing Steven Weiss.
Mr Weiss was the young boy who found the handgun used in the murders at Cielo Drive. Running time approx 24 minutes.

Last edited:
An amazing co-incidence. I was reading this thread last night and made a mental note of the book Chaos by Tom O' Neill as mentioned further up the thread.

Browsing books at Asda this evening and what do I see in paperback for £4.50? The same said book. So if you are in the UK and want a copy, pop down to your local Asda. It is also two books for £7, so I bought another cheery read on death row inmates final moments before entering the execution room.

I have started the book, and while one has to concentrate to keep up with the names, I must admit that I am so far engrossed. Previously I really hadn't read much at all about the Manson murders.

I have started the book, and while one has to concentrate to keep up with the names, I must admit that I am so far engrossed. Previously I really hadn't read much at all about the Manson murders.

I finished it last week and it's a book that leaves you with more questions that need answering. What I find astounding is that 50 years after the murders, there is still new information being uncovered and there are still rabbit holes to venture into that will lead you into dark, dark places.
As expressed above, there are some wonderful podcasts on the subject of the O'Neill book plus the Nikolas Schrek one's mentioned are a must. They are eye opening to say the least for anyone who has even the slightest interest in the Manson/Tate/LaBianca case.
On a slight aside, I'm presently trying to purchase a small piece of the original fireplace from the Cielo Drive house for my collection. The seller doesn't ship to Australia, I'm trying to convince him to.

I discovered this video today elsewhere, a computer generated model of 10050 Cielo Drive showing you the layout and key locations of the murders. This is well done.

The description from the uploader:
Tour a computer-generated model of the house Sharon Tate lived in with her husband, Roman Polanski. She was murdered along with four others by members of the Charles Manson cult family. This video depicts a computer-animated version with interior views of the residence approximately as it appeared on the night of August 8, 1969.

A man called Matthew Roberts thinks he's probably Charles Manson's son ..

I've watched these couple of videos. There's no doubt he looks like Manson, had contact with him and has personal effects of his, so maybe there's something to it. Let's face it, aside from the recognized children of Charlie, there's probably a number of others out there who either know who their father is or who'll never know.
This dude is also not a bad tarot reader and I thought his version of 'Look At Your Game Girl' wasn't half bad.
Who knows?

During my MA in Criminology I read many research papers about rapists. One researcher had taken the trouble to interview offenders in prison. Their focus was on the Crimewatch-type opportunist 'stranger' attack, where a man grabs a woman he doesn't know to assault and rape.

A striking finding was that when the victim fought back, there was more or less 50/50 split - say 52/48, can't remember which way round it was - between the attackers who'd be discouraged and those who'd find the resistance a challenge.

So based on that, I'd feel it's worth shouting and attracting attention if someone grabs me, if I possibly could, as I'd have at least an evens chance of being released. YMMV.
Next time I'm grabbed like this I will try and remember your advice!!

Here's a mildly interesting clipping of an interview with actor Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster amongst many other roles) who states that he met Manson outside the famous Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood & invited him home to babysit his children!

allewis.jpg

Back