• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Charlie Brooker's DEAD SET

not another zombie film :(

i thought early on in the trailer it might be some sort of cross between bb and series 7, but i guess not.

does it actually have much going for it, aside from zombies?

I've been on about how big brother could be made tolerable if only they chose to freak out the contestants by pretending some sort of zombie invasion is happening outside the bb house, now it looks like someones done something like it, oh well :)

can't wait ...

Let's hope it's better than the TV Go Home series. Although the Flailers would make good horror monsters.

Ooh... this looks interesting at least...

I didn't really enjoy Nathan Barley, but thought he redeemed himself with Screenwipe, which I liked a lot, even though it was basically a sanitised, updated version of the Victor Lewis Smith series TV Offal.

Anyway, might have to tune in for this :)

BlackRiverFalls said:
not another zombie film :(

i thought early on in the trailer it might be some sort of cross between bb and series 7, but i guess not.

does it actually have much going for it, aside from zombies?

yeah Davina Macall gets turned into a zombie well thats what my husbands said :lol:

dont think he likes her that much

Liked it :D

People die then get up again with funny contact lenses on :shock:

SoundDust said:
Liked it :D

People die then get up again with funny contact lenses on :shock:

I liked it too, I thought it was great! A couple of good laughs, "Is that Davina?" "Sort of!" and them thinking they had a new housemate (Mr Brooker really knows his Big Brother!) but mostly played straight and suspenseful. I don't know if it will keep up this quality level over the next four nights, but here's hoping.

Liked the references to zombie movies as well.

It made a change to see a proper balls out horror on mainstream television and it's about time something exciting happened in the Big Brother house.

*Two Thumbs Up*

i was not that keen on it when my husband read the article about it to me, he has sky+ it and is gonna watch it, so i might end up watching it with him but until then i will reserve judgement!

another good one, One Man & His Zombie :D

Like how the endings so far haven't been cliffhanger endings either, when both could've been if they'd been a few seconds shorter

Last night's was good (they're getting their money's worth out of that zombie Davina) but I was just getting back into it when it was over! Half an hour (if that) is too short!

gncxx said:
Last night's was good (they're getting their money's worth out of that zombie Davina) but I was just getting back into it when it was over! Half an hour (if that) is too short!

alot of people have said they think the episodes should be longer than half hour, as its not long enough i think cause the first was an hour they prob would of been better with doing the rest in hour slots too.

Meh, now I'm going to have to catch up on the last two episodes sometime after Uncon :(

goth13girl666 said:
alot of people have said they think the episodes should be longer than half hour, as its not long enough i think cause the first was an hour they prob would of been better with doing the rest in hour slots too.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer three one hour episodes instead.

gordonrutter said:
It's all being shown as a one episode show on Saturday night.

Gordon

that sounds better, and for some people i think that would be better as they can watch the whole thing form start to finish abit like a film in regards to the time.

were as the episode slots are good too, but you get some who cant wait to see the next episode hence all in one go being a good idea.

Charlie Brooker's a right old curmudgeon, isn't he? Does anyone get the idea that this is how producers see the Great British Public, as a horde of ravenous zombies?

But even if he couldn't come up with a happy ending, this was the best thing on E4 all year. It had funny bits, but mostly it was tense and exciting. And maybe quite relevant this week, if you're in the media. Bravo!

At the risk of spoiling it for those who haven't watched it yet, I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out.

I don't know what I thought would have been better but I did feel rather let down.

gordonrutter said:
It's all being shown as a one episode show on Saturday night.
Jolly good: I missed the first four and didn't want to watch 5 on it's own, and couldn't be arsed to seek the episodes individually on Virgin catchup.

From what I've heard it's worth it.

liveinabin1 said:
At the risk of spoiling it for those who haven't watched it yet, I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out.

I don't know what I thought would have been better but I did feel rather let down.

To be fair, the ending was in the spirit of the films it was influenced by.

I've thought of a flaw in the ending, the diary room on BB has two doors so she could have gone out of the other one.

i watched abi of it with my husband he seems to like it but i just couldnt get into it enough.

seemed ok not too bad but dont think i could sit through it

Back