Cheeky Funerals

carole

Justified & Ancient
Reminds me of Billy Connolly's remarks about crematoria and how they should put a bit of razzamatazz into the presentation: "Come and see Captain Cook, watch Elizabeth Browning, see William Fry, see how Rabbie Burns . . "

Carole

Cult_of_Mana

Ephemeral Spectre
Some years ago there was a man who requested a funeral wreath that simply said "BOLLOCKS". This was for his own funeral.
I saw the story in the Sun and kept that day's cartoon that contained various other amusing suggestions for wreaths.

A

Anonymous

Which reminds me of the criminals who were sentenced to community service, which included planting seeds for some nice new plants in public places. The following spring the flowers bloomed to spell out some very rude words...

TheOriginalCujo

Abominable Snowman
True story, my Mother had an aunt by marriage who left instructions for a mildy cheeky funeral. As the coffin was lowered into the grave a lone piper played 'Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye'.

My brother was there and he said the best thing about it was that it wasn't imediately obvious what the tune was as it's not a pipe tune. He said you could see people mouthing the words to the song as they tried to work out what it was then getting to the chorus and having to stiffle the laughter. It was a great tribute to a lovely woman who was known for her wonderful sense of humour.

He said it was the only funeral that he's ever been to where people left the graveside smiling but with tears in their eyes.

Cujo

diamonddogs

Ephemeral Spectre
I like the scene from episode one of League of Gentlemen where the hearse goes by with BASTARD in yellow wreaths in the window.

A

Anonymous

:confused:
these wierdos are offering ancient egyptian type funerals...though i wouldn't mind one :rolleyes:

u've all heard off the rock band Kiss, right? they sell coffins on their website...strangos...:eek:

A

Anonymous

well i saw a pic of an actual newspaper advertising a tombstone which i thought was funny, im putting it on this post, but please tell me if it's not actually there. im new here and i don't know how to post attatchments :(

A

Anonymous

I suspect that my departure, both spiritually and bodily, will involve twisted aluminium and a pair of comically smouldering boots. Make a nice talking point for hillwalkers or something.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Brilliant, I'll bear this in mind for when I fall off the perch
Irish funeral bursts into laughter after pre-recorded message of dead man is played

Mourners in Ireland couldn’t believe it when they heard a voice beyond the grave at a local man’s funeral.
Those who attended the funeral of Irish Defence Force veteran Shay Bradley on Saturday in Kilmanagh, Leinster, couldn’t believe it when he started speaking to them from his coffin.
As they watched his coffin being buried his voice could be heard shouting: 'Hello, hello. Let me out.'
This is the moment the mourners at the grave site can be seen bursting into laughter after hearing the message Shay Bradley put into his coffin before his death

etc
https://twnews.co.uk/uk-news/irish-...er-pre-recorded-message-of-dead-man-is-played

My mother's cremation took place at a crematorium with 2 chapels which were back to back with each other. Both chapels were in use on that day. As is customary, her nearest family members i.e. my sister and I, were shaking hands with the other mourners as they left after the service. Finally a man, a total stranger and the last of the mourners, approached and shook our hands. "You won't know me", he said., "I was meant to be at the service in the other chapel but came in here by mistake. When I realised I was in the wrong place the service had already begun and I was unable to leave. My condolences anyway." He touched his hat and walked off.

That funny incident brightened what was otherwise a pretty ghastly day.