• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Chimp Photo

peterblu2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I have been trying to find some photos online of an incident I read about in a magazine some time ago.
It was a story about a camera that was lost or somehow taken by chimpanzees and later recovered. When the photos were developed they showed the chimps, after having taken a couple of photos of random foliage, being attacked by (i think) a leopard.
It was quite remarkable if true. Does anyone else remember seeing the story?

I remember it Peterblu, although, like you, I've never seen any follow-up from it.

Mama Chimp Reunited with Baby After Birth​

Viral video shows chimpanzee mom holding newborn baby for first time after nearly 2-day separation 'It's one of the most powerful things I’ve ever seen,' Sedgwick County Zoo's Jennica King said A momma chimpanzee and her newborn baby had a tearful reunion at the Sedgwick County Zoo in Wichita, Kansas, after being separated for nearly two days following complications from delivery. The chimpanzee, named Mahale, underwent an emergency C-section Nov. 15, and her baby, Kucheza — "play" in Swahili — was placed in the zoo's veterinary hospital by animal care staff. Mom and baby were kept apart for nearly two days before they were reunited. Footage recorded by the Sedgwick County Zoo shows the moment mom was able to hold her baby for the first time. In the video, which was posted to the zoo's Facebook page, Mahale is seen entering an enclosure where zookeepers had placed Kucheza, who was swaddled in blankets.

Back