• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Chinese Hybrid Man

My immediate reaction (on seeing just his head in closeup) was microcephaly, but he certainly didn't appear to display all of the other syndrome characteristics that might be considered to be associated with such a condition. He does seem tall, and long-limbed.

I wonder if he's still a victim of some chromasomal atavistic condition? That seems so much-more likely an explanation.

The Chinese regional version of the yeti / bigfoot (yeren or "Ye Ren") has been obliquely cited here on the FTMB, but there's only one thread specific to the yeren:

forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/1984-article-on-the-yeren.59557/
Link is obsolete. The current link is:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/1984-article-on-the-yeren.59557/

This thread gives a link to a 1984 New York Times article giving examples of historical sightings and claims.

Last edited:
Cool find although he/it looks like a traditional 'pin head' to me ala Tod Browning's 'Freaks' .. and so on. He is very tall looking compared to the earlier pictured people with the same condition though.

That video shows someone with microcephaly (AKA 'pin head').

Microcephaly is a characteristic or feature rather than a specific condition or congenital birth defect.

The individual in this video definitely exhibits microcephaly, which could be congenital or the result of developmental issues (including factors as prosaic as injury or malnutrition at a critical time of prenatal / postnatal life).

This particular individual has been illustrated on the 'Net for some years now. As far as I can tell, presenters tout him as extraordinary owing to the combination of obvious microcephaly and relatively large size.

This combination would seem to argue against his being a specimen of the sort of classic congenital 'pin head' known from (e.g.) Freaks. That doesn't automatically make him a human / non-human hybrid.

Frankly, I don't see anything about him that places him outside the range of congenital / developmental anomalies known to medicine or even my personal experience.

Or simply the result of inbreeding.

Microcephaly is a characteristic or feature rather than a specific condition or congenital birth defect.

The individual in this video definitely exhibits microcephaly, which could be congenital or the result of developmental issues (including factors as prosaic as injury or malnutrition at a critical time of prenatal / postnatal life).

This particular individual has been illustrated on the 'Net for some years now. As far as I can tell, presenters tout him as extraordinary owing to the combination of obvious microcephaly and relatively large size.

This combination would seem to argue against his being a specimen of the sort of classic congenital 'pin head' known from (e.g.) Freaks. That doesn't automatically make him a human / non-human hybrid.

Frankly, I don't see anything about him that places him outside the range of congenital / developmental anomalies known to medicine or even my personal experience.

The individual in the video certainly moves in a very simian way. Might it be that a high incidence of this particular congenital condition/mutation in a localised population has resulted in many such incidences over the centuries, which either were ostracised from communities or left of their own accord, leading to sightings and legends of the 'wild man'.

That the mother claimed (assuming it was truly reported) rape by such a creature, might be the stigma of having a deformed child or possibly, of being raped by a 'normal' person and post traumatic interpretation after the fact.

Back