Christmas 2019

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Did Mariah Carey really get paid £6M for starring in this year's Xmas Walker's Crisps tv advert? (cf 'potato chips' in jurisdictions which keep faith with Lays/Ruffles/Cheetos)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
My favourite version of LDB...

My favourite version of Frosty The Snowman .. she only did this to hint to her fella that he was using too much cocaine but it's very nice anyway .. you can all safely play it to your little ones this Christmas, just don't tell them about the cocaine bit ..

Last edited:

Ogdred Weary

Fhtagntastic.
I'm often sent out to run errands anyway so even that wouldn't remind me ..

Me and 'the Mrs' will be working Christmas day anyway .. just another day at work but a bit shitter because we'll be busier and nobody gets a Christmas box from the owners ..

Halloween's our Christmas. At least I won't have to listen to Slade this year. Or George Michael. Or even worse, that little drummer boy song. I ****ing hate that little drummer boy song.
sprthllwn.jpg

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Last Christmas i dressed in black tights, lil red shorts with white fluff on em and a long t shirt, which was accompanied buy a Santa hat and some green slippers with big bells on for work lol I like Christmas cause of people being more nice to each other, when you are at work tho, sometimes it can be shite

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Or even worse, that little drummer boy song. I ****ing hate that little drummer boy song.
You haven't hated this song enough until you've heard the version by Johnny Cash. I thought the Bing Crosby/David Bowie version was the worst thing I've ever heard... I was wrong.
I shan't traumatize you with video clip here. Listen to it at your peril lest your ears start to bleed.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Or even worse, that little drummer boy song. I ****ing hate that little drummer boy song.
Yup, dire innit. As I've mentioned before, not only is it a miserable dirge, it is forever associated with the moors murders. One of their young victims was tortured with it playing in the background. I think it was still running as she was murdered. It was certainly the last song she ever heard.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Last Christmas i dressed in black tights, lil red shorts with white fluff on em and a long t shirt, which was accompanied buy a Santa hat and some green slippers with big bells on for work lol I like Christmas cause of people being more nice to each other, when you are at work tho, sometimes it can be shite
Swifty asked me to ask whether you have a photo of said outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Today's Observer - do they still call it that? - has an online advertorial gallery of some of the most vomit-inducing food-related merchandise I have ever seen. "Gifts," of course! How else could such concepts even exist! :fork:

Ringo

Of no preferred gender pronoun.
We put up our outdoor Christmas lights today BUT before you all give me earache, we haven't switched them on yet. This is the only free Sunday I have for a while so I got it done and they're ready for the grand switching on ceremony on First Advent.

Xmas Grinch strikes.

A trader banned from selling mulled wine at a town's festive lights switch-on says a council is "anti-Christmas".

Glenn Davison applied for a temporary licence to serve the seasonal drink from his pop-up stall at the event in Castleford, on Tuesday.

But Wakefield Council blocked the bid over concerns about street drinkers taking advantage of the sale.

"I don't think street drinkers will be interested in the mulled wine I'm selling," Mr Davison said.

"[It] is very weak. It's about 2%, so you'd have to drink about six glasses to feel any effect."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-50451380

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Mairah Carey looks so...70s...with that absurd sequinned suit and too huge earrings and agressive perfect smile.

Im going back to my Niknaks.

But. I know I will get a huge tub of Twiglets...and, if I am lucky, a bag of gold coins.

I have a lot to look forwards to at Xmas....

Tartan burning? <coughs> a typo...but you cannot really expect the Cornish to get Burns Night right.

(And the Cornish tartan is cack, used to identify the nationalists when they are let out for Pirans day...that or scarves put on doggies...)

(There are lots of pooches in Cornwall).

(I will say there is a variant of the tartan where the mustard yellow is an olive green, and that is quite attractive).

We had to have Robert Burns explained to us, and most did not partake of the haggis. (Can you imagine what a grand pasty filling haggis and neeps and tatties would be?)

(I love haggis but the idea of men in skirts is too much for my pruditry...I refuse to wear a skirt or dress myself...why should I be exposed to me in them?)

Vid at link

Sinterklaas: Dutch protests over Black Pete festivalgoers
Anti-racism campaigners have held protests in cities across the Netherlands during Sinterklaas - a festival celebrating the arrival of Saint Nicholas, traditionally accompanied by his helper Black Pete. In the town of Apeldoorn, police separated crowds of onlookers from groups of demonstrators who want authorities to ban the use of black face paint to portray the character of Black Pete.
  • 27m ago
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-e...-dutch-protests-over-black-pete-festivalgoers

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
My friend pointed out last night: nobody respects or appreciates November anymore. These days it's been taken over in a long run up to Christmas.
Diwali is often in November (think it's October this year?) and the lights start coming out :D