Christmas 2019

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
It was great choosing presents for my nephew when he was little - I just got him stuff I wanted to play with :) He always said I gave him the coolest presents, when he could get hold of them.
I've got a treasured memory of my nephew looking up to me when he was about 5 and us playing 'old fashioned' computer games on Christmas day with him that 'Uncle Swifty used to play' .. his Dad created OCEAN software as a teen .. my nephew turned 21 last week ..

skinny

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Mental As Anything - "Apocalypso (Wiping the Smile off Santa's Face)" Aussie Christmas song

skinny

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I hiked up to Sydney in the week befpre christmas
It was 38 degrees in the shade
I bought a second-hand Morris for a cheap 220
And I drove me down to Adelaide....

Last edited:

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
Ho, ho, how does this.....work, exactly?

Hmm...
2019-12-02 22.17.46.png
(I mean: might this herald the reworking of, potentially, other/all Xmas mythological & imaginary entities into a supra-equalised non-binary multi-alternative inter-relational morass of political correctness? Clearly I'm over-reacting to the above image (yet I am super-adjusted to non-discriminatory equality observance).

Anyway: we're now into December, so everyone better have their trees up, or a damn good excuse (our eternal artificial tree of Yggdrasil is not yet relocated....my previous annual hide-every-vestige-of-xmas-just-past has maybe been a bit too successful, circa Jan 2019)

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Ho, ho, how does this.....work, exactly?

Hmm...
View attachment 21528
(I mean: might this herald the reworking of, potentially, other/all Xmas mythological & imaginary entities into a supra-equalised non-binary multi-alternative inter-relational morass of political correctness? Clearly I'm over-reacting to the above image (yet I am super-adjusted to non-discriminatory equality observance).

Anyway: we're now into December, so everyone better have their trees up, or a damn good excuse (our eternal artificial tree of Yggdrasil is not yet relocated....my previous annual hide-every-vestige-of-xmas-just-past has maybe been a bit too successful, circa Jan 2019)
You're wondering how Santa can have a husband, when you'll gladly accept his ability to visit every child in the world in one night with only a sleigh and a team of flying reindeer for transport?

Ogdred Weary

Fhtagntastic.
You're wondering how Santa can have a husband, when you'll gladly accept his ability to visit every child in the world in one night with only a sleigh and a team of flying reindeer for transport?
The North Pole is not very progressive and has yet to legalise same sex marriage, that must be his boyfriend.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
I forgot about the one thing I do look forward to in the Christmas season. Panatone also spelled Panettone, is available only at Christmas time. It's Italian Christmas bread and it costs around $5 Canadian.
View attachment 21551 .

I really enjoy it. :D
When my work used to give individual panettones out I must've put on a stone!

Vardoger

Like To Roam The Land
One of the christmas traditions in Norway on TV is one of the secondary TV channels showing Rock'n' Roll Wolf on the day before Christmas Eve.
It was first aired in 1983 or 1984. It was made in 1976 with dancers from Moscow Circus, Moscow Circus on Ice and Bolshoi Ballet. It's based on one of the Brother Grimm's stories.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Been busy and only now checking into this thread properly.

I put the decorations up on 1 December, but as I've been exclusively at work and home for the past three weeks I hadn't heard a single Christmas song until last night, when I played a selection in the evening. As we've had Top 3s / 5s on the previous two years' Christmas Threads, I'll say that the following are my current favourites (in no order):
  • 2,000 Miles by The Pretenders
  • Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea
  • In Dulci Jubilo by Mike Oldfield
  • I Believe In Father Christmas by Greg Lake
I'll be flying home this year, God willing, and I'm praying for a lack of drama.