Christmas 2021

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
Even though it is caged, the Tree of Christmas is still judging you.
1637369096318.jpeg

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
Came across this article about Grimsby and its christmas trees. Norway sent them a bad tree in 2018.
-------------------------

Norway CANCELS 15-year Christmas gift to Grimsby tradition admitting 'our trees are not good enough for you'​

The municipality of Sortland in Norway have sent a Christmas tree to the town for the past 15 years

By
Connor LynchReporter
  • 06:00, 16 MAR 2019
Grimsby will no longer have a Norwegian Christmas tree in the town centre, as the Mayor of Sortland has written to say that their trees are no longer good enough.

For the past 15 years the municipality of Sortland in Norway have sent a Christmas tree to the town as a holiday greeting, but last year's tree left a lot to be desired, with residents complaining about the state of the dying spruce.

Vast portions of the tree were completely bare, and many felt that it was a bad look for the area, as a Christmas tree should be a positive attraction that brings joy to people and encourages them into the town centre.

As a result, North East Lincolnshire Council was forced to remove it and replace it with a new one.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/...tland-cancel-christmas-tree-tradition-2649891

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
Aurora with an emotional cover of Walking In The Air.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Aurora with an emotional cover of Walking In The Air.

No idea where she's from and don't mind the arrangement, but she cannot enunciate properly.

Which sounds weird for a song originally sung in crisp 'choirboy' fashion.

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
No idea where she's from and don't mind the arrangement, but she cannot enunciate properly.

Which sounds weird for a song originally sung in crisp 'choirboy' fashion.
She's Norwegian., so English is not her natural language.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
She's Norwegian., so English is not her natural language.

It's a fair excuse--I have a hard enough time singing nursery rhymes in a second language.

Very nice venue she's performing in, wherever it is.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score

Swifty

Reaction score
It looked/looks like one of those green plastic things you'd see outside the entrance to a wine bar or an upmarket estate agents.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
It looked/looks like one of those green plastic things you'd see outside the entrance to a wine bar or an upmarket estate agents.
Those plastic artificial trees in pots cost a FORTUNE. My friend runs a restaurant and recently had to buy two new ones to surround the front door, and they were so expensive that she could have bought several real ones for the price.

She didn't, because they'd be stolen. The plastic ones can be fixed down.

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
Ten years ago some-one at St. Pancras station/Eurostar thought it would be really cool to commission a 33 foot Xmas tree made out of lego. It was OK but up close it looked a bit linear and plasticky - a true Artist would have included some irregularity to the branches.

Lego tree.jpg

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Ten years ago some-one at St. Pancras station/Eurostar thought it would be really cool to commission a 33 foot Xmas tree made out of lego. It was OK but up close it looked a bit linear and plasticky - a true Artist would have included some irregularity to the branches.

View attachment 48361
Isn't 'linear and plasticky' practically the entire definition of Lego?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

Swifty

Reaction score
I've just been into town to reserve the Christmas issue of Viz, something I look forward to every year as well as the free calendar. I wouldn't say no to a calendar of past Grimsby Christmas trees either, Norway clearly have a sense of humour.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
I've just been into town to reserve the Christmas issue of Viz, something I look forward to every year as well as the free calendar. I wouldn't say no to a calendar of past Grimsby Christmas trees either, Norway clearly have a sense of humour.
I was thinking the same. An advent calendar with a different crappy xmas tree every day.