Christmas Presents

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Saw an outrage-fabricating video about the ingeniously disguised and appallingly dangerous knives that OUR CHILDREN can buy online and thought 'Hmmm, last time I tried to buy those paracord knife bracelets they'd been taken off sale, pity...'

I looked again, found DIY paracord knife bracelet kits in sets of 5, various fashionable colours, so I've ordered some for everyone.

Last edited:

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was thinking this could be a really great gift, particularly for those children who's parents I don't really like. What's all the fuss about?

Book that teaches kids how to conjure demons hits major retailers’ shelves
December 2, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — A new book inviting young children to learn how to summon demons is now available at major retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble.

Written for 5- to 10-year-olds, A Children’s Book of Demons by Aaron Leighton directs kids to “conjure gentle demons by writing their sigils, which serve as ‘a phone number’ straight to the spirit.”

“As ridiculous as the ‘demons’ contained in the book may be, there is nothing innocent or fun about even pretending to summon evil spirits,” noted Elizabeth Johnston, AKA Activist Mommy, on her blog. “But who is to say it is pretend? The spirit world is real and is no laughing matter.”
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/b...o-conjure-demons-hits-major-retailers-shelves

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
More assistance required!

Does anybody know where they sell large and fancy snow-globes (either online or in UK shops)?

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Will try Amazon, but the links above aren't what I had in mind.

I was thinking of the olde-world little buildings and scenes like the 'Lilliput' ornaments you see in old ladies' homes.
Oo-er!

l’m aware of Lilliput Lane, and l’m obvs aware of snowglobes, but a Tex-Mex crossover hybrid of the two? News to me.

ls it, perchance, something to take back to Korea for someone who thinks we all live in Downton Abbey or a thatched cottage in the Cotswolds? Just trying to get my head around the criteria...

maximus otter

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
ls it, perchance, something to take back to Korea for someone who thinks we all live in Downton Abbey or a thatched cottage in the Cotswolds? Just trying to get my head around the criteria...

maximus otter
That's about the size of it, yes.

A couple of cottages from Lacock or Castle Combe in a glass jar, with snow, please.

As a 'for instance', we have one from Leeds Castle in our house--miniature castle and grounds, with snow.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just bought a leopard in a musical snowglobe as a present...

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Gloucestrian

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I fit the bill quite well myself, though I take after my Welsh ancestors somewhat more than my Scottish ones. I do like a good haggis though.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Not used to youtube links...does that work?

I should up my mincemeat game...

But my recipe is good; you cannot buy this stuff, its not cost effective to make commercialy.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
did you mention that the Mem makes it?

we've done so and it was excellent. We added chilli and cumin!
We have a batch in the slow cooker as l type, but it’s bought, and for our party this evening. l hope the Philistines appreciate it.

maximus otter

Last edited:

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
My reply is always 'Socks!' because I LOVE socks. One year I received a laptop, of course in its packaging, which back then was a big box. I became quite excited at the thought of how many socks must be in there!
When one of my nieces was little, I'd joke that I wanted an elephant, or that the Christmas/Birthday present might be an actual elephant. For her eighteenth birthday present this year, part of the present was three pairs of socks with elephants on them. She immediately put a pair on, she was that delighted.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Well, have been handing out my preserves and people are delighted.

Next door gave Dad a big box of fancy chocolate biscuits (with TWO layers) and he had nothing for her.

So I went round with a jar of mincemeat and a jar of chutney.

Family honour is satisfied.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I'm going to be busy (my pile is on the right)! lordmongrove, your book missed the pic as I'd already started reading it and it was in another room at the time. I'm 100 pages in already and loving it.
books.jpg