• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Churchill's 'Black Company'

TheShrikeOoO

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi all,
I'm a long term reader of FT, but new to here. I have come across some references to Churchill’s "Black Company" or his Occult team. It so far has just been a cursory search of the web, but most of the references I find, seem to be either actual or referencing, anti-Zionists or right wing conspiracies, or just plain crack pots, with no evidence to back it up.
Does anybody know if there is any evidence of Churchill having an interest in the occult, or have a "Black Company". Even if he had no interest in it; since it was obvious that the Germans did, it seems plausible there might have been some group set up to exploit/combat this.
If anyone could shed some light on this, and maybe point me in the right direction to investigate more, that would be great..

Thanks for posting, yes I had seen that one. As you say it does look a little bit hooky, although not as hooky as this one

http://henrymakow.com/churchill_was_a_judas.html

Dr. Alexander Cannon, seems to be the main person who refered to it, but although a colourful and interesting character, he doesn't seem to be someone who you could confidently cite without other references haha.

I am persuing some other contacts, who have some links with a purported long term occult society and may be able to find something about it, but it would be good to be able to back this up with references outside of that, say released MOD files, newspaper reports, etc, to give it some validity.

Hmmm. I wonder if there's a novel in there somewhere.

I am sure there is but not with my spelling "onological" should have read "ontological", but i probably actually meant lineage.... ;)

Last edited:
Thanks FrKadash.... I had read the first one, and actually left a comment at the bottom asking for references and research, although the actual blog does look a bit on the reactionary side to me, but happy to keep an open mind ;)

I have seen references to the Aleister Crowley book, and I think it does bear looking at and reading.

I hadn't considered one might still be active, and didn't know about the Gareth Williams/ MI6 case, so will definitely have a look at that, thanks.

A bit slow to notice this thread, but a couple of connections might be worth noting. Dennis Wheatley, the novelist and black magic expert, was as you probably know, a member of the London Controlling Section during WW2 responsible for worldwide deception. He was friends with Maxwell Knight, the counter espionage man who inspired Ian Fleming's "M". Both studied for a while under Crowley, and it seems that Knight's girl friend walked out on him after seeing his astral form outside his body one night. Knight's ability to identify spies using his perceptive abilities was legendary. Given the interest of bodies like the CIA in remote viewing and other exotic topics it would be surprising if the UK intelligence service was not involved as well. The MoD was sufficiently informed about the connections between dowsing and the Russian work on torsion waves to pick up on Vincent Reddish's work on earth energy and request his further research on the subject. You probably also know about the various declassified work by US intelligence services regarding research in the Soviet bloc.

There are stories that the "black ops" people tried to exploit Nazi high-ups and their superstitions/strange beliefs by circulasting forged Nostradamus prophecies and genuinely cast horoscopes - but ones interpreted to put the worst possible spin on events. This involved employing an astrologer with instructions to do the mechanics of the thing as they would normally do - but to put the worst possible spin on the interpretation and to accentuate every possible negative. This applied both to birth-charts for the heirarchy and to predictive charts for events and battles. Not sure how these were disseminated in Germany but the intention was apparently to spread gloom and pessimism by playing on the minds of those who would receive them. It probably also helped get into the mind-set of those who took these things literally and to make shrewd guesses as to how it would affect their decision-making. (Question: did people try to second-guess Ronald Reagan this way?)

There are stories that the "black ops" people tried to exploit Nazi high-ups and their superstitions/strange beliefs by circulasting forged Nostradamus prophecies and genuinely cast horoscopes - but ones interpreted to put the worst possible spin on events. This involved employing an astrologer with instructions to do the mechanics of the thing as they would normally do - but to put the worst possible spin on the interpretation and to accentuate every possible negative. This applied both to birth-charts for the heirarchy and to predictive charts for events and battles. Not sure how these were disseminated in Germany but the intention was apparently to spread gloom and pessimism by playing on the minds of those who would receive them. It probably also helped get into the mind-set of those who took these things literally and to make shrewd guesses as to how it would affect their decision-making. (Question: did people try to second-guess Ronald Reagan this way?)

I suppose the real difficulty they would have encountered was that Hitler liked to take the final decisions himself, and he was wildly optimistic about his abilities and plans. He wasn't deterred by his generals' advice not to invade the USSR, for example. He thought that his will would overcome all obstacles.

Hi all,
I'm a long term reader of FT, but new to here. I have come across some references to Churchill’s "Black Company" or his Occult team. It so far has just been a cursory search of the web, but most of the references I find, seem to be either actual or referencing, anti-Zionists or right wing conspiracies, or just plain crack pots, with no evidence to back it up.
Does anybody know if there is any evidence of Churchill having an interest in the occult, or have a "Black Company". Even if he had no interest in it; since it was obvious that the Germans did, it seems plausible there might have been some group set up to exploit/combat this.
If anyone could shed some light on this, and maybe point me in the right direction to investigate more, that would be great..

This thread may interest you:
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...onspiracy-feat-i-fleming-and-a-crowley.13044/

I seem to recall that on one occasion Churchill showed evidence of a premonition regarding a bomb landing nearby. He was also friendly with Wellesley Tudor Pole, who said that he found such things disturbing and used alcohol to keep them at bay!

I seem to recall that on one occasion Churchill showed evidence of a premonition regarding a bomb landing nearby. He was also friendly with Wellesley Tudor Pole, who said that he found such things disturbing and used alcohol to keep them at bay!
Wellesley Tudor Pole - grandfather of Edward Tudor Pole.
Wünderbar!

According to Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow - this was called the "White Visitation" :D

He knows that Bloat goes somewhere and microfilms something, then transfers it, via Pirate, to young Mexico. And thence, he gathers, down to “The White Visitation,” which houses a catchall agency known as PISCES— Psychological Intelligence Schemes for Expediting Surrender. Whose surrender is not made clear. ...

Well: he guesses They have euchred Mexico into some such Byzantine exercise, probably to do with the Americans. Perhaps the Russians. “The White Visitation,” being devoted to psychological warfare, harbors a few of each, a Behaviorist here, a Pavlovian there. It’s none of Pirate’s business. But he notes that with each film delivery, Roger’s enthusiasm grows. Unhealthy, unhealthy: he has the sense of witnessing an addiction. He feels that his friend, his provisional wartime friend, is being used for something not quite decent. ...

When it had changed as far as German bombs falling on England, Brigadier Pudding gave up his obsession and again volunteered his services to his country. Had he known at the time it would mean “The White Visitation” . . . not that he’d expected a combat assignment you know, but wasn’t there something mentioned about intelligence work? Instead he found a disused hospital for the mad, a few token lunatics, an enormous pack of stolen dogs, cliques of spiritualists, vaudeville entertainers, wireless technicians, Couéists, Ouspenskians, Skinnerites, lobotomy enthusiasts, Dale Carnegie zealots, all exiled by the outbreak of war from pet schemes and manias damned, had the peace prolonged itself, to differing degrees of failure—but their hopes now focusing on Brigadier Pudding and possibilities for funding: more hope than Prewar, that underdeveloped province, ever offered. Pudding could only respond by adopting rather an Old Testament style with everyone, including the dogs, and remaining secretly baffled and hurt by what he imagined as treachery high inside Staff.

Actually the London Controlling Section was mostly filled with businessmen and members of the Old Boy network, but they all managed to come up with fiendishly clever disinformation schemes.

Back