• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

CIA Declassifies Hundreds of UFO Documents

Monstrosa

C'thuluan Balloon Animal
Link

In move that is sure to make things easier for Mulder and Scully, the CIA has declassified hundreds of documents detailing the agency's investigations into UFOs.

According to the agency's website it has released documents primarily from the late1940s and 50s, which it hold in its Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) UFO collection.

"We've decided to highlight a few documents both skeptics and believers will find interesting," the agency states.

The CIA announced the release of the documents on Twitter.
Personally I'm not that interested in this, but I thought some of you lot would be.

I wonder if it changes anything?
I'm guessing that the document(s) that say 'yep, aliens exist' are the ones that are still redacted or undisclosed.

Cynical? Me?

Thanks Monstrosa, had a peek at a couple of the documents, particularly interested in the Scientific Advisory panel of 1953.
Always beleived in the extraordinary nature of at least some UFO's, but the down to earth tone and eminently sensible attitude of this document ( Comparing the first flush of fourties UFO sightings to the first reports of V1 and V2 rockets, you can see why they didnt feel saucers were worthy of spending public money on) certainly concurs with my opinion that there has never been any kind of government cover up, though their recommendation to downplay wherever possible out of a fear of leaving their population susceptible to Russian propoganda campaigns seems to have echoed down the decades since as every kind of imagined cover up we know today.
Pretty cool to peek under the skirts of history like this :)

I wonder if it changes anything?
I'm guessing that the document(s) that say 'yep, aliens exist' are the ones that are still redacted or undisclosed.

Cynical? Me?

I am even more cynical, I don't believe the government is capable of keeping a secret like that. I think there would have been about 1000 Edward Snowdens by this time.

I am even more cynical, I believe the government is capable of keeping secret anything we want it to, and I think the next 999 Edward Snowdens are likely to be programmed and ready for deployment.

I'm the most cynical of all - I think you're all just plants, spreading disinformation for The Man
tinfoilhat.gif

Interesting moves in the Clinton election campaign:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...8/john-podesta-clinton-campaign-ufo/82787832/

Clinton campaign chairman: Americans 'can handle the truth' about UFOs

John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, says it’s time for the U.S. government to release any evidence it has about the existence of alien forms of life in outer space.

Podesta, who was also a chief of staff to President Bill Clinton, told CNN that if Hillary Clinton is elected, she’ll ask for as many records about Area 51 in Nevada as the U.S. government has to be declassified.

Rest of article at link.
I won't hold my breath.

Podesta tried this with Bill Clinton, and with Obama; why he thinks Hilary will be any different is anyone's guess.

Hint; Area 51 is secret for good reason, and it hasn't got anything to do with aliens.

...And they've got all kinds of stuff in Warehouse 13.

What the hell is in warehouses 1 through 12? And which facility houses John Titor's remains?

Now Available Online! :cool:

CIA releases 13m pages of declassified documents online

About 13 million pages of declassified documents from the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) have been released online for the first time.

The files were uploaded following lengthy efforts from freedom of information advocates and a lawsuit against the CIA.

The records include intelligence briefings, research papers, UFO sightings and psychic experiments. ...

SOURCE: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663522

If you could cast your eye over those 13 million pages & let us know if there's anything worthwhile in them it would be greatly appreciated.

You first ... :evil:

If you could cast your eye over those 13 million pages & let us know if there's anything worthwhile in them it would be greatly appreciated
Doing so at present...

Now Available Online! :cool:
Thanks for alerting us to this!

Fascinating....all the RV/military telepathy stuff, Stargate (with masses of intriguing redactions), Jungian experiments, the famed OP PBJOINTLY tunnel, it is a massive trove.

There will inevitably be some disinfo within the collection, but it's so much better to be able to read source reference materials instead of someone-else's interps and bias.

EDIT
Mods, this need some kind of special signposting....probably
EDIT2
Ahh....http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/declassified-cia-files.62107/

I haven't read this stuff, but Project Stargate... does it involve the use of a ring-shaped ancient artifact?

Declassified FBI files regarding ufos.

This link has a .gov designation. Is it legitimate?
https://vault.fbi.gov/UFO/UFO Part 1 of 16/view

I can't really read the FBI pages as they are too dark and the copies so frustratingly poor. Hard work if anyone can be arsed.

edit; the first 13 pages are dark. Then they become standard white with black text.

I found page 22 of some interest. It is titled The Round Robin and The Flying Roll. It is anonymous (or the author's name has been redacted) and came out of San Diego, July 8th 1947, a date which will be known by all students of the arcane. It is addressed to "certain scientists of distinction, to important aeronautical and military authorities, and certain publications".

I found the the reference to Lokas and Talas curious, and a quick search led me to this page from the Theosophical Society website. There is an explanation 3/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/soph/sopthl13.htm#lokas

Does anything here resonate? It is all quite new to me, but I'm going to follow up. It is time.

Last edited:
I note numerous 'UFO' crashes in that document, but they all seem to be hoaxes made with terrestrial materials and including 'radio tubes' and the like. There seems to have been quite a craze for making fake saucers in 1947. This might explain the interest around the Roswell event, which might otherwise have been unnoticed.

Well, the faked saucer craze might have affected the readiiness of the 'military' to send out those reports. If everyone was on the lookout for saucers, then a bit of mysterious wreckage might become associated with that phenomenon. If not, then probably nothing unusual would have been reported.This debris wasn't even particularly unusual.

The vault.fbi.gov website is legitimate. The docs within, that is anyone's guess. All it means is that the FBI had a particular document in their collection, not that the agency is taking a particular stand on the subject matter.

Back