• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

Clowns: Evil or funny?

• Clowns are evil and out to get you

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Clowns are funny and out to entertain you

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Clowns are sad blokes trying to make a living

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Clowns are a national institution - how dare you imply that they are sinister in any way

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

C'mon - fess up!

How many of you lot actually think clowns are funny?

Can you actually say honestly that they don't give you the screaming heebie-geebies?

They've always been the thing of nightmares for me. I used to cry when they came on at the circus when I was small. How can anyone find Pennywise funny? :eek!!!!:

Quicksilver, call it intuition, but from this and other posts I feel that you have issues where clowns are concerned.

Which is fine with me, they are evil demonspawn to a man! :eek!!!!:

Don't like clowns. My Dad always took me to the Shriner's circus as a kid, and I remember praying to God to keep the clowns away from me while we stood in line.

Clowns are the worst, agreed, but then I've never liked anything where ppl wear masks or heavy makeup. I was scared of men dressed as father Christmas when I was small too. I hated being forced to go see him.
When I was at college a friend wore really scary demon make up all day for Halloween. He scared the life out of me and I had to keep telling myself it was only him under it all. I was so glad when he washed it off. :eek:

Oh dear, Tammy Faye Bakker. Former wife of Jim Bakker, a televangelist. Prone to lashings of mascara and eye makeup and lipstick application that defies description. Let me see if I can rustle up a picture. Be warned: It will scare small children and farm animals.

How was I meant to know that?? lol
*awaits pic in a rather tense, apprehensive pose*

Phew, for a minute there I thought it was the ghost of Barbara Cartland. :eek!!!!:

wonder what the sysadmin will think of that bit of googling? :D

what a brilliant thread!
Clowns are evil. I want to be a clown.

So far so good then.
I have not yet been shown up as an irrational clown hater.

I found them intimidating to the point of wetting myself even before Stephen King jumped on the bandwagon.

So what's it all about?

Why are they so scary?

Is it simply because you know there's a grown person behind the make up and find it hard to fathom why the heck anyone would do that?

In my opinion anyone who actually likes them has a hint of evil clownage about them in the first place.

*QS shivers* :sceptic:

I hate them but I have a friend who loves them, (we have very little in common). She's one of those people who are extremely nice, and sees the good in everything and everyone. She definately hasn't got any evil in her at all. So there's that theory out the window.
Perhaps she just can't see the evil.

scribbles said:
wonder what the sysadmin will think of that bit of googling? :D

I notice that, just after posting this, scribbles disappeared. Maybe sysadmin sent a SWAT team to take her out! :eek!!!!:

Which would be nice, because the poor love doesn't get out much ;)

Adrian Veidt said:
I notice that, just after posting this, scribbles disappeared. Maybe sysadmin sent a SWAT team to take her out! :eek!!!!:

Which would be nice, because the poor love doesn't get out much ;)

I know, I'm so sheletered, me. Even the computer geeks here have a better social life that I do. :p

Evil, evil, nasty, icky,bad clowns *mumble*

Aren't there 'Sacred Clowns' in Pueblo Indian lore that are *supposed* to be scarey? --That might be a clue aboutwhy so many of us find clowns so awreful...
( as a kid, I was scared of Santa, too. I remember threading yarn all over the house to trip 'im up!:D )

Clowns can't be evil...no one with oversized shoes and outrageous pants can truly be evil. Confused, yes. Possibly a tad bit bad, Well I'll give that to ya. Evil? Naw. Now Mimes...don't get me started!:D
( By the way, hello everyone!)

CLOWNS ARE EVIL! Just look at Ronald McDonald . . .:eek!!!!:

Carole

Ineffable Ogre said:
( By the way, hello everyone!)
Hello! :hello: I like your sig, but I think you're wrong about clowns. They are wickedness incarnate. Mimes are a whole other ball game (shudder)

Anyone here seen "Shakes the Clown"? -Sad and funny both (but not really evil). Features a bar where both mimes and clowns hang out, and feud drunkenly. My favorite moment is when a drunken mime shouts "F*ck you, clown!" at Shakes (who is played by the incomparable Bobat Goldwaithe, so that gives you some idea what this movie is like).

Back