• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

Clowns: Evil or funny?

• Clowns are evil and out to get you

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Clowns are funny and out to entertain you

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Clowns are sad blokes trying to make a living

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Clowns are a national institution - how dare you imply that they are sinister in any way

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Recently on tv or radio, there was some mention of an image of a clown wearing a nun's outfit. Can't get that out of my brain now. No I'm not scared of clowns, although Ms Petes hates them and had a wobbler when looking at the piccie of a clown ventriloquist dummy on the interweb.

Recently on tv or radio, there was some mention of an image of a clown wearing a nun's outfit. Can't get that out of my brain now. No I'm not scared of clowns, although Ms Petes hates them and had a wobbler when looking at the piccie of a clown ventriloquist dummy on the interweb.
Mr. Jelly from 'Psycoville' was one of the best creepy clowns.

Clowns lurked outside schools to promote a speech academy. Horrified parents called the police.

Multiple clowns have been spotted loitering outside schools in Singapore - staring intently, approaching pupils and allegedly asking the young children to follow them. Their unnerving presence sparked a flurry of complaints from concerned parents who immediately called on the police to investigate.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F503361121%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Stock image

Singapore police confirmed Monday that they had received numerous reports regarding the clowns' presence outside different schools and that officers had linked the bizarre stunt to a private education center - which had dreamed up the stunt in an apparent bid to attract recruits to its speech school.

On social media, some shocked parents shared photos of one of the clowns and identified the school police were investigating as Speech Academy Asia - an organization dedicated to helping adults and children improve their public speaking skills.

In one photo, a person disguised as a clown with heavy face makeup, a hat and a plaid shirt, was seen tilting their head and transfixing on those standing near a bus stop close to a school.

https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/...side-schools-to-promote-a-speech-16478765.php

maximus otter

I don't know whether clowns are evil or funny, but they're definitely scarce in Northern Ireland right now. If you're looking for a career change or simply any kind of job you might want to consider being a clown there.
Clown shortage: Appeal for new recruits in Northern Ireland

"There's a lot more to being a clown than just putting on a big red nose and a big baggy pair of pants."
That's according to David Duffy, co-owner of Duffy's Circus, who is appealing for people from Northern Ireland to become clowns.

The Covid-19 pandemic has caused a shortage of the performers, as many returned to their home countries when the first lockdown came into force in early 2020, according to Mr Duffy. ...

"Because all the circuses in Europe and in England have been up and operational for the past six months, that huge pool of EU artists are already back at work and up until last week we haven't been able to even get visas issued for non-EU artists and entertainers," Mr Duffy said.

"That's why we're trying to reach out for any of our folks at home who feel that they can give it a go." ...
FULL STORY: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-58733754

An evil clown

Thirty-three-year-old neo-Nazi Paul Nicholas Miller, who often posted photos of himself dressed as a militarized Joker while calling for a racial civil war to his thousands of social media followers, sobbed during his sentencing for multiple firearms offenses. He will spend 41 months in prison.

Wikipedia says Miller is "known for his advocacy for a race war and espousing white supremacy[10] and neo-Nazism.[11] He has been tied to multiple alt-right[12] and far-right organizations, including the Proud Boys and the Boogaloo movement."

From NBC Miami

"Miller admitted that he had bought the ammunition and that he had tried to build his own rifle in part to learn about firearms manufacturing in preparation for a coming civil war," prosecutors said in a news release. "In the months immediately before his arrest, Miller had made hundreds of internet posts publicizing his animosity towards various minority groups and his support for the initiation of a race-based civil war in the United States."

https://boingboing.net/2021/09/29/w...oker-sobbed-during-his-felony-sentencing.html

What's going on here?

A van with multiple men "dressed as clowns and playing creepy music" has reportedly been rolling through the UK town of Laindon terrifying citizens. Could it be juggalos or something much, much more nefarious? From Echo News:

Multiple residents have now taken to social media to say they have heard the "creepy music", like something out of a horror film, being played in Laindon and Langdon Hills at night.
The resident said: "I just want anyone is travelling around Laindon late at night to please be careful, as I have been followed by four men in a van, who looked like they were wearing clown costumes.
"I started to run as they were following me, and eventually managed to get away.
"They also had a massive speaker on top of the van which was playing creepy music.

https://boingboing.net/2022/05/05/v...playing-creepy-music-terrorizing-uk-town.html

Some coppers are easily offended!

A Perth clown who "pressed her underwear-clad posterior" against a window during an Extinction Rebellion protest has had her conviction and fine for disorderly behaviour overturned by the WA Supreme Court.

Key points:​

• Lynda Moylan had been attending a peaceful protest
  • Two police officers were offended by Ms Moylan's behaviour
  • But the magistrate found she had been trying to amuse an audience

Lynda Moylan was attending the protest at an office tower in the CBD in October 2020, when two police officers watched her as she "lifted the back of her skirt and petticoats and, for a few seconds, pressed her underwear-clad posterior against the foyer window" in what was described as a "shimmying motion", the magistrate said.

After pulling her skirt back down, Ms Moylan then gazed into the foyer, pumped her fist into the air and bowed to a security officer.

The officers considered her actions to be offensive and charged her with disorderly behaviour.

Ms Moylan was later found guilty of the offence by a magistrate and fined $200, with the police officers testifying at the hearing that they had seen "some flesh".

Ms Moylan appealed against the conviction and sentence, and in a decision published today, Justice Robert Mitchell ruled both should be quashed.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06...after-protest-stunt-offended-police/101135796

This memory always sticks in my head..In 2006, I was walking through the indoor shopping precinct in Middlesbrough with this lass I worked with while on our dinner hour, I will never remember her name but I remember she was pretty and wore red lipstick.

Now just walking through the door a full on clown actually ran towards us. The girl I was with grabbed hold of me and screamed. Now clowns don’t bother me at all. I was actually quite pleased that the clown had made the pretty lass grab me! After that I didn’t give it much thought we found somewhere to have dinner and went back to work.

The thing is this memory has stayed with me and I do think about it every now and again… the main question I ask is what was the clown doing there??? At the time it happened, I think that I just automatically took it that the council/mall had hired a clown to entertain the children in the shopping mall…I’m sure they must have….. now to me 2006 was only yesterday, can you imagine the council/shopping mall hiring a clown now? Can you really imagine them hiring one in 2006, all a bit odd.

I've always been in the "clowns are creepy and unnatural" group. Sure... sometimes funny.... sometimes.

Back