• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

Clowns: Evil or funny?

• Clowns are evil and out to get you

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Clowns are funny and out to entertain you

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Clowns are sad blokes trying to make a living

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Clowns are a national institution - how dare you imply that they are sinister in any way

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
About 30 years back my daughter was just about talking, I carried her on to a bus
and sat just were you get on were two punk rockers full get up with multi
color spiky hair, as soon as she set eyes on them she pointed right at them
and started shouting Cloon Cloon Cloon she meant clown there was a deadly
silence, wounder if they changed there image after that.
:rolleyes::eek:

They probably dress like accountants now.

Yep will be late 40's early 50's now probably got a identity complex.

Police fear a return of the Creepy Clowns. Of corese reports of this might encourage just that.

Just when you thought you were safe—they might be coming back.

For a while there, it seemed like every jabroni with some makeup and ample free time was lurking around neighborhoods across the country, sea to shining sea, dressing up as creepy clowns in an attempt to scare folks (or, more likely, go viral). Eventually, the craze passed—or so we thought. Those with coulrophobia, steel yourselves, authorities in Pennsylvania are warning creepy clowns could be coming back as the remake of the movie IT—based on the iconic Stephen King book—is set to hit theaters in a week.

"The creepy clown craze in September 2016 resulted in at least a dozen people arrested in Georgia, Alabama, and Virginia for either taking part in the menacing stunt or for making false reports," read a bulletin this week from the Pennsylvania State Police. “With the fall of 2017 upon us, it is anticipated that similar 'creepy clown' sightings could be reported starting as soon as September, in part due to the fact that the movie 'It' will be released in theaters on 9/8/2017. The movie, which is adapted from a Stephen King novel by the same name, portrays an evil demon who takes on the shape of a clown named Pennywise, 'that stalks kids from within the sewers and killing them when they least expect it.'" ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/creepy-clown-comeback-possible-police/ar-AAr5Rug

The first Ronald McDonald. If that's not pure evil, I don't know what is...

23hx8ht.jpg

Strewth! The Clowns are coming!

Clown Hysteria Grips Australian Media After Group Vows to Descend on Suburbs
By ISABELLA KWAISEPT. 14, 2017

SYDNEY, Australia — “We’re coming back for you,” a post on Facebook warned. The purported threat? To send in the clowns.

If Australian news outlets and social media are to be believed, “20,000 anonymous clowns” are plotting a reign of terror.

The clowns — grown-ups in face paint and giant shoes — have threatened to do little beyond show up late at night in a handful of suburbs and look scary. However, the local news media has breathlessly described the group as “a chilling threat” and “creepy clown fanatics.”

The hysteria seems to have started with a Facebook page established last week. The anonymous creator of the page, called Clown Purge Australia, posted a photo of a clown, with a caption that read “IT” and an emoji of a red balloon, a homage to the blockbuster film that had its premiere in Australia last week.

Two days later, the account asserted, “On Halloween we’ll have 50 clowns go to one place.” That threat seemed to have been enough to thoroughly frighten Australians — a people who tend to pride themselves on a cheerful lack of fear.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/world/australia/clown-craze-australia.html?smid=tw-share

Strewth! The Clowns are coming!

Clown Hysteria Grips Australian Media After Group Vows to Descend on Suburbs
By ISABELLA KWAISEPT. 14, 2017

I live in Sydney and this post is the first I heard of it!

Then again, I don't have Facebook, so how would I know what's going on in the real world?

I like the intro to IT that's recently been remade in Lego .. although standing on a Lego brick is more scary ..

June 1953. "Howdy Doody Show's Clarabell the Clown (actor Nick Nicholson) pays a one-week visit to the Dolan family in Boone County, West Virginia, after Linda Dolan, daughter of coal mine foreman, was the winner of the 'I'd Like Clarabell to Visit Me Because' contest."

Blurb from a photo on the Shorpy site.

SHORPY-11389u.preview.jpg

Linda is conspicuously absent from the shot! Maybe her entry was along the lines, "I'd like Clarabell to visit me and kill my kid brother . . . " :fish: :omg: :reap:

Last edited:
6tk09y.jpg

When Stephen King met ‘Pennywise the Clown’

Big Stephen King was on his way home. Last leg of a whirlwind book tour. Seven cities in six days. All for his latest 426-page blockbuster Dead Zone. Now it was back to his wife Tabitha and the kids. Big Stephen King. Six-foot-three. Blue-eyed. Gangly-limbed with his thick square glasses and that goofy smile that can leave you uncertain whether he’s gonna laugh or bite. King sitting in first class on a Delta airline’s plane, just a hop and skip back to his hometown of Bangor, Maine. The tour had been a blast. Signing books (“Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did writing it!”), palm-pressing (“I’m your number one fan”), and talking about where he got his ideas (“Everywhere”).

Source http://dangerousminds.net/comments/when_stephen_king_met_pennywise_the_clown:

Back