• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

CNN visits a haunted house in Hannover, Virginia

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Got most of the things covered: EVPs, shadowman, demon, scratched by the ghosts, moving doors, etc.

Edit: Report says Hanover, Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
What a rigorous investigation. All it needed was our own dear Derek Acorah to spruce things up with a séance. I don't think capturing the shadow of your own hand on a cameraphone really counts. And her adult daughters refuse to stay there? Maybe because they're adults?

Nationwide in the 70s knocks these CNN folks into a cocked hat. Whatever that is.

If i was investigating this I`d hang around till after dark and see what happens then. All the main T.V. shows that focus on this subject prefer night to day.

I think the only reason they prefer night is 'coz it makes for better tv. Haunted Happenings, the company I have been on a few ghost hunts with, don't do day time ghost hunts because no-one wants to go on them.

It's a bit of a cliché to say ghosts only come out at night, a very old one but there's no proof of any preference. Plenty are seen during the day.

Seven years living with that going on....and only now do you get the publicity !

It's a bit of a cliché to say ghosts only come out at night, a very old one but there's no proof of any preference. Plenty are seen during the day.

Well I didnt mean that but I do agree with what you wrote.

Seven years living with that going on....and only now do you get the publicity !

Such is the power of a quiet news day. I did notice the plug for a TV show in the report, is that channel owned by the same business as CNN? A friend of mine visited the USA recently and was mildly shocked at the inclusion of advertising pretending to be news items on the TV news.

I can see why they have decided to market the house as haunted. If they sell it pretending it is not haunted, and the new owner notices that, they may be forced to cancel the sale.
If they make it well known it is haunted, they can use that in the marketing instead.

I can see why they have decided to market the house as haunted. If they sell it pretending it is not haunted, and the new owner notices that, they may be forced to cancel the sale.
If they make it well known it is haunted, they can use that in the marketing instead.

Alot of Pubs/Inns use the haunted tactic to draw in punters and also to help sell up quickly.

Wow, if everything that was told in that video is true - it's really creepy...

Back