• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cocoyoc UFO Sighting (Mexico; November 1973)

I see the Cocoyoc UFO photo is now online, but in terrible quality. If you ever get to see it in a decent reproduction, you'll see why it's one of my favourites, doesn't look like anything else.

I looked at that Mexico Cocoyoc ufo online at youtube.....that;s one strange looking ufo...almost looks like a blimp with tentacles. Could it be a very large homemade balloon?

I see the Cocoyoc UFO photo is now online, but in terrible quality. If you ever get to see it in a decent reproduction, you'll see why it's one of my favourites, doesn't look like anything else.

Ooh, hadn't heard of that one... just did a quick search and found this, is this the one?

https://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/cocoyoc73.htm

There's a cool close-up showing its little legs or tentacles :) Very unusual, as you say.

dr wu,

Isn't there an old photo from Russia of something like a large octopus above a building ?

INT21

Ooh, hadn't heard of that one... just did a quick search and found this, is this the one?

https://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/cocoyoc73.htm

There's a cool close-up showing its little legs or tentacles :) Very unusual, as you say.

Yes, that's the one. I like it because unlike a lot of flung hubcaps I'm not very sure what it could possibly be if it were manmade. It does look like a blimp, but with legs or fins like that? Not likely. And what would it be doing out in that part of Mexico?

Yes, that's the one. I like it because unlike a lot of flung hubcaps I'm not very sure what it could possibly be if it were manmade. It does look like a blimp, but with legs or fins like that? Not likely. And what would it be doing out in that part of Mexico?

Yeah, it's a good 'un.

Only thing that briefly came to mind when I saw the close-up was Sputnik, not saying it's anything like that, it's just I guess the closest match my brain thought of :)

Yeah, it's a good 'un.

Only thing that briefly came to mind when I saw the close-up was Sputnik, not saying it's anything like that, it's just I guess the closest match my brain thought of :)

I suppose it was a little Sputnik-y, suggesting it was manmade, but it's too late for that unless someone was inspired in its manufacture.

Unfortunately, I don't put much stock in anything coming out of Latin America. Faked photos and videos seem to be a cottage industry down there.

Unfortunately, I don't put much stock in anything coming out of Latin America. Faked photos and videos seem to be a cottage industry down there.

Maybe not so much in 1973, though. These days it's seemingly impossible to find a UFO pic that wasn't faked, no matter where it's from.

I suppose it was a little Sputnik-y, suggesting it was manmade, but it's too late for that unless someone was inspired in its manufacture.

Ah, no, I wasn't saying it was manmade though, just that's what my brain conjured up as a way of putting familiarity to the shape, I suppose. :)

Thionking about it, the Russians thought Sputnik design to be a good shape for moving about in orbit, so no reason why aliens wouldn't also think it a good shape to use for a spaceship.

dr wu,

Isn't there an old photo from Russia of something like a large octopus above a building ?

INT21
Sorry...I missed this post......but I don't recall that ufo pic.

Back