Coincidences

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I had to smile earlier.

I'd parked off-campus and was walking back to my car along a reasonably busy road. As I gazed about me, I noticed a van go past me with a personalised numberplate including SIL. The next car to pass me heading in the same direction had a personalised numberplate including SAL. I had my fingers crossed for the next one to include SOL, but sadly ti did not materialise!

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
How often do you encounter a word in a YouTube link? This is the second time I remember:
httpXXX://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBqExxonME
Library of Babylon stuff, this ...

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Yesterday our Assistant Lab Manager arrived slightly late and in a bit of a tizz due to a problem with the plumbing in her house; the previous evening, whilst her son was showering, water had flooded down into the kitchen below and she had just yelled at him presuming that he hadn't got the shower curtain arranged properly, but then when she was showering in the morning, water was again pouring through the extractor hood in the kitchen. Then she had to deal with a leakage in one of the plant growth cabinets at the end of the lab. Finally she went into one of the plant growth rooms to find water pouring through the ceiling there as well - at which point, she turned round and asked "Is it me?"