• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coincidences

Came across this very sad news item from June last year (2018).
Four motorcyclists from the Stoke area were killed in separate accidents in just over a week. Two died on the same day.
What an awful set of events.

Funerals this week for four bikers killed in crashes

The funeral dates of four bikers killed in crashes within the last month have been revealed.
This week, services will be held for Kendall Chadwick, Paul Rowley, Andrew Tunnicliff and Tony Dennis

Kendall Chadwick (aged 45) May 24th
Paul Rowley (aged 53) and Andrew Tunnicliff (aged 53) May 28th
Tony Dennis (aged 49) June 3rd

Terrible all round.

True, Stoke is a city so there will be lots of people having road accidents in and around it at any given time.
But these were four grown men, getting on for middle age, presumably going about their legal business and not road-racing or otherwise acting recklessly, being killed in unconnected incidents within ten days, two on the same day.

Brilliant!
Can only add that last week I was ordering xmas presents and had to grudgingly pay extra postage which came to £30. Same day, I won £30 on t'lottery! The Universe likes to remind us when we've done the right thing.
I've probably mentioned before, but I know an elderly couple who like the very occasional gamble, only betting small sums. Whenever they need an extra bit of cash for something Mrs puts a fiver or tenner on and usually without fail gets the money she needs. It may be £100 or a £1000 wanted- it doesn't seem to matter. The one and only time she put a quid in one of those hateful gambling machines she won £100. She decided to buy a few premium bonds and last year won a few quid on 10 out of 12 monthly draws. Me I've had premium bonds for 50 years and never won anything. Some people seem lucky in some ways.

I've probably mentioned before, but I know an elderly couple who like the very occasional gamble, only betting small sums. Whenever they need an extra bit of cash for something Mrs puts a fiver or tenner on and usually without fail gets the money she needs. It may be £100 or a £1000 wanted- it doesn't seem to matter. The one and only time she put a quid in one of those hateful gambling machines she won £100. She decided to buy a few premium bonds and last year won a few quid on 10 out of 12 monthly draws. Me I've had premium bonds for 50 years and never won anything. Some people seem lucky in some ways.
You need to have a substantial amount of money invested in the bonds before yielding any useful wins.
My Dad was earning above the rate of interest on wins from his premium bonds and my nephew is also doing well with his.

Yesterday Mr Zebra and I watched a film we'd recorded recently - Mr Denning Drives North. The protagonist puts a ring on the body of a man he killed in the hope of thwarting the identification process.

This afternoon we heard on the news that the Iranian General killed in the US strike was identified by his ring.

Thursday lunchtime, I was sat with a couple of my colleagues and the conversation drifted in that wandering fashion that you get when people have worked together for a long time. One friend mentioned something about her husband changing the lyrics of a song called "Leave a Light On" by an artist I didn't recognise, so naturally I said that all I could think of was Belinda Carlisle at that point.

Got home on Thursday evening, and whilst preparing dinner, put the radio on, which I don't normally do - I'd generally stream from my phone instead. Lo and behold, I suddenly clock that they're playing "Leave A Light On" by Belinda Carlisle. Made me smile, and text my friend to point out this coincidence!

Yesterday I had to leave a key for a colleague at work in a drawer. He was supposed to pick it up today before 6am.

He couldn't remember where it was and texted me to ask about it.
I wouldn't have heard the text arrive if I'd been asleep, but luckily I was awake because I'd somehow left my phone's 5am alarm on for today.
So Peter has the key and I'm wide awake at 6am on my day off. That'll teach me.

Yesterday I had to leave a key for a colleague at work in a drawer. He was supposed to pick it up today before 6am.

He couldn't remember where it was and texted me to ask about it.
I wouldn't have heard the text arrive if I'd been asleep, but luckily I was awake because I'd somehow left my phone's 5am alarm on for today.
So Peter has the key and I'm wide awake at 6am on my day off. That'll teach me.
That’s the type of coincidence that would prompt me to get another key cut and screw gun it to his head with a 4” wood screw

That’s the type of coincidence that would prompt me to get another key cut and screw gun it to his head with a 4” wood screw

l used to have a coffee with the security police at a nearby military base on night shifts. The key to their safe was attached to a stout chain, which was screwed to a 6” cube of wood painted titty pink.

No-one ever forgot where that key was, much less inadvertently went home with it in their pocket.

maximus otter

Last edited:
There's a particular song that's very dear to me (it's related to my now-boyfriend) and I listened to it a lot before I got in touch with him for the first time in years. He's moving down to live with me in a couple of months' time and we're both excited but a bit 'eeeek' about it all because it's such a massive deal. We were talking about looking for a sign to reassure us and on that very day, I had to deal with a document in which something had been written by none other than the lead singer of the band who sang that song...

On the subject of @onetwothree's sign from the the universe:

Today I was thinking about how many rucksacks I own and whether I should get rid of a couple.

Later, mooching round t'car boot sale, I met a former colleague. She was looking for a serviceable rucksack for her grandson who's just started a new job. Oho, says I, I can help you there!

We arranged that I'd drop one one off later so I'll be popping out any minute. Just after we spoke I picked a guitar gadget (some kind of tuner) which I will put in the rucksack for Renee. A couple of years ago I acquired a guitar capo, which was exactly what Renee was saving for at the time. I gladly handed it over.

So Renee and his Gran will be happy and I'll have made a small step towards decluttering! Everyone's happy.

I went to college in Toronto (2 1/2 hours from where I grew up). I found room and board with a woman who grew up only a few minutes drive from where I lived. It was during a recession, so one of her brothers moved to TO to find work and he rented one of her rooms. That's how I met my husband. Our families lived 20 minutes apart but we were in different school districts and so never met until both of us moved to TO.

I went to college in Toronto (2 1/2 hours from where I grew up). I found room and board with a woman who grew up only a few minutes drive from where I lived. It was during a recession, so one of her brothers moved to TO to find work and he rented one of her rooms. That's how I met my husband. Our families lived 20 minutes apart but we were in different school districts and so never met until both of us moved to TO.

That's mad!

There's a novel/film in that story!

Yesterday my colleague had to collect a key I'd hidden for him at work. Today when I was leaving I noticed another colleague's locker standing open with the key still in it. So I hid the key in the same place and texted him the location. Keys, eh.

Here’s an easy calculator to work out your chances of winning according to your holding of Premium Bonds:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/premium-bonds-calculator/

maximus otter
The strange thing is that the person I referred to has much less than £1k invested so by mse calculation should have won nothing instead of winning 10 out of 12 monthly draws. First time she entered the post code lottery she won a few quid on the first draw. It's the devil's work I tell ye.

The department of work and pensions will be all over that one in the blue coat now. I've never seen someone move so fast with a stroller.

That struck me too haha! 'One pedestrian was injured' - yeah, it was Granny's Achiles tendon!

On Saturday, I found myself walking down a road I hadn't been down in over 30 years. I walked past an apartment block called Frogmore Villas. Later on the news, one of the items discussed was Harry and Meghan's home called....Frogmore Cottage!

Yesterday, on Sharon Tate's birthday, I posted on several Sharon Tate facebook groups about a friend whose birthday was the same date as Sharon. Just now on Twitter, I found out that Nastassja Kinski also has the same birthday. She starred in 'Tess', which was directed by Roman Polanski. According to Wikipedia, Sharon had given him the book 'Tess Of The d'Urbervilles' from which the film is based, and Sharon expressed an interest in playing the main role. It was the last time Roman saw Sharon alive. The film is dedicated to her. 'For Sharon' appears at the start.

Morning peeps I hope I’ve got the right thread/post for this.So to begin I’ve been thinking on and off about two books i read years ago one is called Thin paths about a village in the mountains in Italy and the other is called To prove I’m not forgot about the Beckett street cemetery in Leeds.And then in another thread talking about witch marks and church graffiti.And guess what I found both books in a charity book shop where I live and the lady in the shop said they both came from a house clearance And reading me Fortean times there is going to be an article about witch marks :D Brilliant coincidence that

1582473141381.png
1582473141381.png

Back