• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Comet Neowise (2020)

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Comet Neowise is visible in the NW around 11pm and in the NE around 3am
very bright you wont miss it with the naked eye, you can see it poking through
the clouds in this iPhone pic just to the left and above the van.

IMG_E1632.JPG

Saw it again last night- a bit tricky, as it was cloudy, but there was a gap that allowed me to see most of it. The tail must be millions of kilometres long.

I went out last night about 11'ish to try and capture an image of the 'Neowise' Comet. Believe I captured it (or something else like it) in one picture with a bit of a fuzz around it, i.e. tail either facing away, or towards me.

But... the real reward for my efforts were repaid (as I had to walk out to a much darker, and wider viewing area a couple of miles away), was when I also took a few random shots of the night sky while I was in the vicinity, bearing in mind that I didn't have a clue as to exactly what was in the viewfinder, as all you see is total blackness! All the shots were taken within the same area, and my photo-lens was at full focal length. I checked out each one in close-up view upon my return home, "but not before I had made myself a cup of Coffee!"

Sitting up until gone 1:30 in the morning stuck in front of my computer, I was simply blown-away as in one capture, I had this very "odd" image ~ in this frame.

Unknown Image 2020-07-20 .jpg

*I haven't got a clue what this image is, as I've never seen anything like it.

On close up, it has a distinct solid diamond/or, tilted 'box-like' form at the top end the image, with a central dome on top of it, and what seems like an accompanying sphere to it's right?

Completely off the wall to me!

I went out last night about 11'ish to try and capture an image of the 'Neowise' Comet. Believe I captured it (or something else like it) in one picture with a bit of a fuzz around it, i.e. tail either facing away, or towards me.

But... the real reward for my efforts were repaid (as I had to walk out to a much darker, and wider viewing area a couple of miles away), was when I also took a few random shots of the night sky while I was in the vicinity, bearing in mind that I didn't have a clue as to exactly what was in the viewfinder, as all you see is total blackness! All the shots were taken within the same area, and my photo-lens was at full focal length. I checked out each one in close-up view upon my return home, "but not before I had made myself a cup of Coffee!"

Sitting up until gone 1:30 in the morning stuck in front of my computer, I was simply blown-away as in one capture, I had this very "odd" image ~ in this frame.

View attachment 28188

Do you know the direction you were standing when you took it? What area was the pic taken? Were you facing any known stars or constellations when you took it?

It is surprisingly solid looking when I enlarge the pic.

Do you know the direction you were standing when you took it? What area was the pic taken? Were you facing any known stars or constellations when you took it?

I was looking to the NNW direction, as I was informed by a friend who has more of an interest in astronomy that that was the direction to look. The area I was in was in the Cotswolds. Position was below the the Big Dipper - which I believe is Ursa Major. As to it's being such a solid looking image at the top - that's what surprised me too! I originally thought it was just a camera slip on my part, or maybe the camera was playing tricks, but it isn't as everything is in good focus, even the stars in the background.

Linked up apparent parts of my image ~ seems to make an interesting object?
Night-Sky object.jpg

I've no Idea what the overall shape of the ISS is 'Myth,' although I've been watching though the transmission online many times - it could well be I suppose.
You’re not going to get any shape of the ISS at 75mm. Just a dot.

View attachment 28188

On close up, it has a distinct solid diamond/or, tilted 'box-like' form at the top end the image, with a central dome on top of it, and what seems like an accompanying sphere to it's right?

Completely off the wall to me!
Possible meteor trail?

For some strange reason I thought of Wile E. Coyote

I managed to enlarge my photo keeping enough of the detail in it.
Fascinatingly ~ I also happened to come across this video online - video report from January 2020.
The image in the Pilot’s video seems to cross with the image of what I managed to capture in my photograph!

UFO/Pilot: Medellin.jpg

Pilots name is 'Cesar Murillo Perez Pilot of aircraft Airbus A320.
His sighting occurred on January 1, 2020,

1596208683536.png

*Enlargement (frame/mark number - 0:53/1:31) of the object from the Pilot’s video (below)…
1596208722990.png

The object (ufo) that is sitting within my original Photo...
(as arrowed below)

1596208779980.png

*Enlargement of the above object ~ ufo.
Image below, is the object in my photo from above...

1596208821620.png

Note: Same shape; has a domed type of top in both images which is the lit area on top, and same type of ‘zig-zag’ structure (suggests ports or windows?) below it, around the central part of the image - as depicted with the yellow arrows. Also, note the variable hexagonal shape - which I've noted with other ufo pic's.

A 'chance' photo – which just happens to capture a 'chance' potential ufo, then a 'chanced upon' online video capturing what appears to be the same, or a very similar object!

"Just how weird and coincidental is that?"

I managed to enlarge my photo keeping enough of the detail in it.
Fascinatingly ~ I also happened to come across this video online - video report from January 2020.
The image in the Pilot’s video seems to cross with the image of what I managed to capture in my photograph!

UFO/Pilot: Medellin.jpg

Pilots name is 'Cesar Murillo Perez Pilot of aircraft Airbus A320.
His sighting occurred on January 1, 2020,

View attachment 28480

*Enlargement (frame/mark number - 0:53/1:31) of the object from the Pilot’s video (below)…
View attachment 28481

The object (ufo) that is sitting within my original Photo...
(as arrowed below)

View attachment 28482

*Enlargement of the above object ~ ufo.
Image below, is the object in my photo from above...

View attachment 28483

Note: Same shape; has a domed type of top in both images which is the lit area on top, and same type of ‘zig-zag’ structure (suggests ports or windows?) below it, around the central part of the image - as depicted with the yellow arrows. Also, note the variable hexagonal shape - which I've noted with other ufo pic's.

A 'chance' photo – which just happens to capture a 'chance' potential ufo, then a 'chanced upon' online video capturing what appears to be the same, or a very similar object!

"Just how weird and coincidental is that?"

I believe that has been debunked, as a silver balloon, here:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/cube-videotaped-from-the-cockpit-of-commercial-airline.11251/[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course... a Silver Balloon which always seems to come in handy as an explanation for any object that happens to appear that is an unexplainable object. "Really?"
Balloons don't completely change there shape and form at speed in mid flight though, do they! Come on, that's no balloon. That's a video from an experienced airline Pilot - why would he put his reputation on the line? For a bit-of-a-laugh... I don't think so.
Not only that, but how come it just happens to be so like that object which I photographed in pitch darkness?

If you check the link it makes sense.
Not all balloons are round, so the changing shape is easily explained.

Your picture is interesting but I don't think it looks anything like your picture, I think you're seeing what you want to see.

I would love both to be extra-terrestrial, Close Encounters is one of my favourite movies, but we have to eliminate all other possibilities first.

Sid, maybe @ralfvandebergh would be able to identify your picture.
He takes great pictures of the ISS and satellites from a ground based telescope.

Sid, maybe @ralfvandebergh would be able to identify your picture.
He takes great pictures of the ISS and satellites from a ground based telescope.

Will check it out if I can find this person via email. "Thank you for that 'dream_decoder'."

By-the-way... I did manage to get one fairly decent photograph of what I believe was the Neowise Comet (along with that other curious photograph ~ nothing fantastic though like the ones put forward streaking long trails across the sky, but I believe my photo does seem to show how strong-a pull there is on one side of the Comets trail of debris.

Presume this effect might be from some gravitational pull that the curvature is illustrating so well (I have a limited knowledge when it comes to astrology/astronomy) so I'm guessing a bit here? If it isn't Comet Neowise, then what else could this capture be...
1596371494221.png
?

Comet Neowise.JPG

Back