Company / Business Mottos & Slogans

hunck

Justified & Ancient
A thread for meaningless/trite corporate mottos/mission statements as used in promotional guff

Nat West - We Are What We Do

Subway - Keep Discovering

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I have so many advertising taglines from the 80s ingrained in my brain--and when I get the cue they just emerge from my mouth unbidden and everybody around me looks confused.

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
These Microsoft slogans all ring tiny bells....the loudest of which is, of course: Where do you want to go today?

Their lesser mantra (mantrae?) include

Empowering us all
It just works
It just works better
Welcome to the social
Be what's next
People-ready
It's better with the butterfly
The 'Wow' starts now
What's a microprocessor without it?
Your potential. Our passion

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Which, as someone on the Serial Killers thread pointed out, was inspired by the reported last words of Gary Gilmore "let's do it".
Gilmore didn't want or expect mercy and certainly didn't believe he deserved any. A bit like how a personal trainer makes you feel.

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
I just saw a truck where on the side was the words: "Where there's life, there's hope."
That's nice and inspiring but slightly odd for a delivery company.

IamSundog

Not insane
Many years ago in Atlanta I saw a concrete drilling company truck driving by. Their motto was “Your hole is our goal”.

Also in Atlanta there was a long time radio personality/comedian named Ludlow Porch who had a great old-time deep southern fried country boy shtick. He opened a restaurant called the Blue Grill, whose motto was “You gotta eat someplace, and we need the money”.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Also in Atlanta there was a long time radio personality/comedian named Ludlow Porch who had a great old-time deep southern fried country boy shtick. He opened a restaurant called the Blue Grill, whose motto was “You gotta eat someplace, and we need the money”.
Pithy. I'm liking him already even though I've never heard of him before, & what a great name. Deserves marks for honesty as well.

Seeker_UK

Fresh Blood
About 20 years ago it was all about "excellence". It was a goldmine for vacuous and cringeworthy mission statements.

Luminus Housing in Huntingdon had "Demonstrating a more excellent way of doing business".

And I cannot remember what the company was, but I can remember following an articulated truck that was "Delivering Potato Excellence".

Ermintruder

Delineated by a professional cryptozoologist
I'm trying to remember the name of a car body repair/ coachbuilder company I was forced to deal with, about a decade ago.

Their advertising motto (I'll say, because straplines are such a '90s concept) was: "We Will Meet By Accident"

IamSundog

Not insane
Reminds me of a sign I once saw on a store that sold appliances or something.

“You’ve been gypped at all those other joints...Now try us!”