Competitive Eating & Drinking: A Sport For Debased Times?

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
These competitive eaters, do they just go around to the places offering "eat x amount in some time and its free" and live on the free food. Do they just eat once a week or what?
Most competitive eaters purge after eating competitions and challenges, so i dont think they get much nutrients from the food.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
I've seen Molly Schuyler before. She's thin and eats like a savage.
I remember many years ago they used to show 'Glutton Bowl' the olympics of competitive eating, on 'Bravo' or some other channel, the winner on numerous occasions was i rake thin little Japanese guy.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
In case you've wondered about the Guinness world record for chugging a 2-liter bottle of carbonated soda, it's 18.45 seconds. Whether the inevitable belch following the feat was itself a Guinness record wasn't determined.
YouTuber drinks 2 liters of soda in 18.45 seconds for Guinness World Record

A New York man earned a Guinness World Record when he polished off a 2-liter bottle of soda in 18.45 seconds.

Eric "Badlands" Booker, a competitive eater who shares his speed-drinking videos on YouTube channel BadlandsChugs, said trying his skills with multiple carbonated beverages led him to attempt a Guinness World Record. ...

Booker selected a 2-liter bottle of sugar-free cola for his record attempt in Selden, N.Y. ...

Booker downed the beverage in 18.45 seconds, setting the Guinness World Record, and celebrated with a massive belch. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/0...time-drink-2-liter-bottle-soda/7081628613075/

Victory

Justified & Ancient
I remember many years ago they used to show 'Glutton Bowl' the olympics of competitive eating, on 'Bravo' or some other channel, the winner on numerous occasions was i rake thin little Japanese guy.

Takeru Kobayashi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi

He holds the world record for eating Tacos.

"159 tacos in 10 minutes at the Gringo Bandito Chronic Tacos Challenge on April 8, 2017"

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
A 100-egg omelette in one sitting? 11,000 calories?

She fails but gets a damned sight closer than I would.

Assumed Japanese but it's wisest not to assume. Wouldn't this work out like a variation on a theme of Cool Hand Luke and the boiled eggs?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Eating that many eggs in one sitting could lead to a toxic overload.
Unless... I'm guessing that it all gets puked up at some point?

Shady

DEATHS Kitty
I ate about four boiled eggs one day, i spent most of the night puking, it was not pleasant day. I was a pillock for doing it.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Or Green Face Luke, as he was latterly known.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Paul Newman did not eat 50 eggs. He’s not even sure if he ate eight before throwing up.
As heroic as such an endeavor is on the silver screen, performing such a feat in the real world is far from simple. In fact, it's even been known to be deadly. According to Vice, in 2019, "Cool Hand Luke"'s egg-eating challenge cost the life of Subhash Yadav in India after he ate 41 eggs for a 2,000-rupee (approximately $28) bet. Newsweek reports that doctors concluded Yadav's death was caused by overeating, triggered by the overwhelming volume of eggs he had eaten in a short space of time.
https://www.mashed.com/481421/this-movie-food-challenge-has-killed-multiple-people/

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
A competitive eater set two Guinness records for fastest chugging of a liter of soda and a liter of tomato juice.
YouTuber breaks world records for chugging Mountain Dew, tomato juice

A New York YouTuber added two more Guinness World Records titles to his name by downing liters of Mountain Dew and tomato sauce. ...

Booker drank his liter of Mountain Dew in 6.8 seconds and finished off his liter of tomato juice in 1 minute and 18 seconds.

Booker, a competitive eater ranked 23rd by Major League Eating, previously set the Guinness World Record for fastest time to drink two liters of soda when he downed the beverage in 18.45 seconds.
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/0...rds-drinking-soda-tomato-juice/9331656088125/

Tunn11

Abominable Snowman