Confessions Of A Computer Game Addict

Lord Lucan

Abominable Snowman
I've just discovered my favourite game from years gone by is now free, downloadable and playable on p.c. therefore I'm about to lose hours to the wonderfully engaging world of Ultima IV. I first played this on my Amiga 500 in the mid 80's. It's graphics are basic but the storyline is engrossing.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
On my 3rd playthrough of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Quite surprisingly dense game for having an awful lot of content and surprises in there that you don't always come across.

Some of the stuff a bit too well hidden, some even hard to get at even with hints from the internet.

Side quests a lot more interesting than main storyline, I think this was meant to be the first half of a two parter so a lot of the main story payoffs were held over for the part 2 that didn't get made. Pity it seems to hae bombed on sales.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
On my 3rd playthrough of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Quite surprisingly dense game for having an awful lot of content and surprises in there that you don't always come across.

Some of the stuff a bit too well hidden, some even hard to get at even with hints from the internet.

Side quests a lot more interesting than main storyline, I think this was meant to be the first half of a two parter so a lot of the main story payoffs were held over for the part 2 that didn't get made. Pity it seems to hae bombed on sales.
I'm stuck on that one. A boss fight has got me flummoxed.

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
Sorry, I was thinking of Human Revolution. I do have Mankind Divided, but have barely started it.
If you're meaning the last boss fight proper in Human Revolution, you don't have to get the chip upgrade that buggers everything up.

First playthrough is always a bit mean when you don't know that!

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
Pathfinder: Kingmaker

What would be a great game, except for the massive amount of bugs, randomly shifting to instadeath difficulty enemies, far too many loading screens, and terribly opaque kingdom managment that sends your kingdom into a death spiral at a moment's notice.

It was released last October, they should have aimed for this October.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Re2 remake is censored in Japan and yet This is coming from a county that gave Yakuza Apocalypse a pg 12 yes a takashi Mike movie got a pg 12 in Japan.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Finished 'Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales' this evening. It took me 56 hours apparently - and I loved every minute.

If you're a fan of the world of the Witcher you're in for a treat.

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
My name is Frideswide and I am currently immersed in Dragon Age 3 Inquisition. Totally immersed. Am missing deadlines and avoiding people so that I can play..... wonderful...
Gotcha.... :boozing:

Last night, I had the most wonderful encounter with an old friend - in the past, wouldn't sleep for days on end in its company.

Thought I would never see the likes again, until we stumbled across each other, when I was wondering if such a wondrous, space trading game could ever exist again.

I give you, 'Alite'... near as dammit an intended, direct Android OS, transition of 'Elite', the absorption which changed everything related...

Android OS - can be downloaded from Play Store...

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Started Assassin's Creed: Origins over the weekend. I'm a huge AC fan but I'm always a year behind and so far this Egyptian escapade has really impressed me.

And it looks absolutely incredible in 4K HDR. Jaw-droppingly good.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
jump forces is out and Yay another game that's £79.99 for the ultimate edition this price gouging shit needs to stop so it's another game I won't be getting until to goes on sale.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
About forty hours in to AC: Origins and still engrossed. The game map is huge, I haven't 'unfogged' all of it yet, and every area feels markedly different to the others.

And includes the best tomb raiding since...er...the early Tomb Raider games.

Still feel guilty every time I have to kill a hippo though :-(

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Saw Conan Exiles for Xbox One at CEX and was tempted to invest, as I'm quite a fan of the Conan movies and books and looking for another heroic fantasy RPG to fill the gap Witcher 3 left. A quick peruse of the reviews suggests that Conan is a bit of a "marmite" game though.
Anyone here played it and can comnent?

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
About forty hours in to AC: Origins and still engrossed. The game map is huge, I haven't 'unfogged' all of it yet, and every area feels markedly different to the others.

And includes the best tomb raiding since...er...the early Tomb Raider games.

Still feel guilty every time I have to kill a hippo though :-(
I'm about 25 hours in having just done most of Odyssey. The dialogue isn't as cheesy, the locations are great and there's Crocodiles!
If you're making a decision between Odyssey and Origins, my advice would be Origins. I'm really enjoying it.

Peripart

Antediluvian
jump forces is out and Yay another game that's £79.99 for the ultimate edition this price gouging shit needs to stop so it's another game I won't be getting until to goes on sale.
Yikes! Call me tight, but my Nintendo Wii cost me less that that game!

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Digitiser asks for a new Manic Miner/Jet Set Willy game:
Miner Willy article

He's the British Mario, after all. But apparently Matthew Smith hasn't been too great in recent years, so the hoping may be in vain.
Don't really know where to start with this, mate...

Maybe simply reiterate, my often argued passion, that in the history of gaming, there's Manic Miner and then there's the rest..

Played on a ZX Spectrum, of course.. and fiendishly difficult!