Confessions Of A Computer Game Addict

MercuryCrest

Justified & Ancient
This looks very much like a playthrough I'm watching on Youtube for a game called "My Time At Portia". I'm not a fan of a lot of video game walkthroughs (mostly because of the people doing the talking), but Ladyshelab is a good Youtuber. In fact, Summer in Mara looks so similar (in places), I'd be surprised if she doesn't start a video series of that one too.

I'm on episode 43, but for the curious:

(And yes, there will be spoilers because it's a walkthrough, in case that wasn't clear to anyone; I'm never going to play the game myself, it's just relaxing watching someone else play it and comment.)

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Now that several copies of Red Dead Redemption 2 have appeared in my local CEX at a not unreasonable £25, I'm very tempted to treat myself.
Can anyone advise how much space it requires on Xbox One hard drive please? My 1st gen Xbox has a number of uncompleted games installed, which I do revisit occasionally and am loathe to delete. Think I have only 80gb or so free. Would that be enough for RDR2?

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Now that several copies of Red Dead Redemption 2 have appeared in my local CEX at a not unreasonable £25, I'm very tempted to treat myself.
Can anyone advise how much space it requires on Xbox One hard drive please? My 1st gen Xbox has a number of uncompleted games installed, which I do revisit occasionally and am loathe to delete. Think I have only 80gb or so free. Would that be enough for RDR2?
99gb on disk or 150gb digital download.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Just a heads up we may in for stricter video game regulation no thanks to a troll on steam plus we no longer have the eu fundamental rights.im not sure if I should post a link about the game or not so I need help on how to run it by the mods.

Last edited:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Just a heads up we may in for stricter video game regulation no thanks to a troll on steam plus we no longer have the eu fundamental rights.im not sure if I should post a link about the game or not so I need help on how to run it by the mods.
You're all right to post the link, I think.

I scanned a couple of articles about a 'rape simulator' game being banned, but I don't want it to become party political.

We can certainly debate the rights and wrongs (and legal details) of censorship.

This new video game lets you do nothing in particular in a suburban Russian tower block
The game is what is called a “sandbox”: where the gamer is free to roam and alter a virtual world. The developer describes it as “post-Soviet and sad 3D” where “nothing awaits you: there is no chance to get out, no room for adventures, nor a breathtaking plot.” All you have to do is experience the precisely detailed, pixelated mundanity of the world around you.

https://www.calvertjournal.com/arti...-do-nothing-in-a-suburban-russian-tower-block
:hapdan:

CuriousIdent

Not yet SO old Great Old One
There's plenty of that in the Fallout games, but at least you can actually do stuff.
Exactly. I mean if you want to just wander around the land and discover places? You can. But there is a narrative going on. There are plot points, missions ad objectives.

Sandboxes are all well and good, but if there is no narrative driving you to play I tend to lose interest pretty quickly.