Confessions Of A Computer Game Addict

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Finally managed to complete Legend of Grimrock 2 (both endings). The dragon on the roof took me maybe 20 attempts and the Trickster's Lair perhaps a dozen. Had to resort to saving after every good hit I got on the Island Master.

Definitely the best dungeon crawl I've ever played, but the bash and grind finale just wasn't in keeping with the more cryptic and mystery elements. Very glad I managed to complete it though!

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Currently having a huge amount of fun playing kingdom come: deliverance, last night I sabotaged a triple execution , not to help the victims escape, but in order they should suffer more, or die too quickly.
View attachment 22675

Hmmm... quite like the look of this. I'm looking for something to fill that Grimrock 2 sized hole in my gaming time, so it's either this or Metro Exodus next. They're both £12 each in CEX, for Xbox-One versions or a couple of £s less for the Steam code on Ebay. I'll sleep on it.

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I've been playing games on my phone, and on the pc via an android software emulator that lets me play phone games on pc.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Hmmm... quite like the look of this. I'm looking for something to fill that Grimrock 2 sized hole in my gaming time, so it's either this or Metro Exodus next. They're both £12 each in CEX, for Xbox-One versions or a couple of £s less for the Steam code on Ebay. I'll sleep on it.
kingdom come deliverance has a silly save system and the target system while fighting more then one person is annoying, but the story.....I wasn't expecting that ending to a sub quest. If you play it I hope you have a better outcome then I managed.

The more I play this game the more I think it's outstandingly good.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I never claim to be very good at games and dying is very familiar to me. But I'm enjoying my The Outer Worlds game.

I managed to win a "very rare" trophy for poor sportsmanship. Apparently I've managed to kill 50 bad guys with a hit to the groin. I'm quite proud of my trophy.:fire:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I never claim to be very good at games and dying is very familiar to me. But I'm enjoying my The Outer Worlds game.

I managed to win a "very rare" trophy for poor sportsmanship. Apparently I've managed to kill 50 bad guys with a hit to the groin. I'm quite proud of my trophy.:fire:
Have you met Escargot yet? ..

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
kingdom come deliverance has a silly save system and the target system while fighting more then one person is annoying, but the story.....I wasn't expecting that ending to a sub quest. If you play it I hope you have a better outcome then I managed.

The more I play this game the more I think it's outstandingly good.
Resident evil and dead rising games have really bad save systems.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I already have that one - not a bad game
I haven't been able to play it yet .. I successfully downloaded both the game and the epic games launcher, registered myself on their site but couldn't find a 'play now' button to click on. Am I being thick and the game is in my files somewhere? .. I messaged epic games on their help line but not heard anything back from them yet ..

(I'm a virgin online gamer, this is my first ever attempt)

Last edited:

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I'm bad enough at playing video games that I don't need someone else to tell me how bad I am and my connection speed is way too slow to even attempt online.

When playing Watchdogs 2, I forgot that I'd connected my PS4 to the net, as I occasionally do to get updates. It has options for online play errands. I had a friggin bounty hunter show up and kill me off. Yea that was really fun:slapd:

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I haven't been able to play it yet .. I successfully downloaded both the game and the epic games launcher, registered myself on their site but couldn't find a 'play now' button to click on. Am I being thick and the game is in my files somewhere? .. I messaged epic games on their help line but not heard anything back from them yet ..

(I'm a virgin online gamer, this is my first ever attempt)
Sorry, I only play on PS4 and don't know anything about other gaming systems. I would think that there should be an icon somewhere to connect you with the online play. I'm assuming that you are playing on a PC? Did you try searching for the game title or the company's name in your files?

I think that once you do get into the game you will enjoy it. The only thing I didn't particularly like was that there are two characters, a brother and sister, and you can't choose one or the other to play as when completing certain missions. The game chooses them for you. Each has a different play style.

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Reaction score
Have you tried Vaporum?
It's a steam punk dungeon crawler and on sale on Steam.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I finished The Outer Worlds. Pretty fun game. You get several companions to recruit and help you. You can sometimes talk your way out of situations if tour "dialog" skills are high enough.

I've started again to see how other decisions and actions might change the story.

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Have you tried Vaporum?
It's a steam punk dungeon crawler and on sale on Steam.
The choice was going to be either Vaporum, Metro Exodus or Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Checked out reviews for all of them and considered the testimonies posted here. Finally decided on KCD.

It's installing on my gaming laptop now.
Hopefully an RPG full of death and medieval plagues will take my mind off the real world for a few hours!

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score
The choice was going to be either Vaporum, Metro Exodus or Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Checked out reviews for all of them and considered the testimonies posted here. Finally decided on KCD.

It's installing on my gaming laptop now.
Hopefully an RPG full of death and medieval plagues will take my mind off the real world for a few hours!
Jolly fun game, KCD. Bought it on sale on Steam ages ago, then got it free on Epic Games (they give away free games every Thursday). Oddly, my KCD character turned out very much as every Skyrim character I've ever played - stealth archer/thief/poisoner...
There's a few mods available on NexusMods that are very useful.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Jolly fun game, KCD. Bought it on sale on Steam ages ago, then got it free on Epic Games (they give away free games every Thursday). Oddly, my KCD character turned out very much as every Skyrim character I've ever played - stealth archer/thief/poisoner...
The new doom is out tomorrow not that I can get it at the moment because I splashed out on the Rtx 2070 super that's coming tomorrow.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Got mine on Steam for £9.85.
It took ages to download and I only had time to put in an hour's play yesterday. Most of that was getting used to the mouse and keyboard interface and reading up on the background details. From what I've seen though, I'm sure I'm going to love it. With my high-spec gaming laptop I was able to crank the resolution up to the maximum and the graphics look utterly superb - easily up there with Witcher 3 or Red Dead Redemption.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Having a jolly old time playing the PS4 reboot of Ratchet & Clank. Not my usual type of fare but this is a silly, colourful sci-fi shooter with some genuine laugh out loud moments. It looks gorgeous in HDR too.

And a very sensible 10-12 hours long so it's a nice palate cleanser before I lose my life to Red Dead Redemption 2.