Confessions Of A Computer Game Addict

mikfez

Generally Bewildered
Reaction score
Fort Triumph is released today >
  • Three story acts filled with 10 to 20 hours of strategic gameplay in a satirical fantasy world
  • Fully-interactive environments—you can push, topple, grapple, burn, freeze and crash your way through interactive levels that play into your tactics
  • The 8-player Skirmish mode—players can pit themselves against up to 7 AI enemies or their friends in local co-op (hot seat)
  • Procedurally generated content—strategic maps with variable locations and events as well as tactical missions, each requiring a different approach
  • Four hero classes (Paladin, Barbarian, Mage, Ranger), each with 12 upgradable abilities, and four races (Troll, Goblin, Human, Undead), with their own castles and upgradable buildings
  • Cross-class skills that make each hero unique

I backed this game on Kickstarter many moons ago - it's nice to see it finally make it.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I tried that last year & abandoned it pretty quickly. The weapons are shit - I think it's all about sneaking around, avoiding being detected. I quite liked the 'zoom' effect where you can transport yourself a distance without walking but found that if you're detected, you're surrounded & dead in short order. I think that was on the 'easy' setting as well.
That's the setting I usually resort to. The runes and boneshards kind of enhance your skills/weapons, but I can not find nor retrieve them easily. The weapons are only a hindrance. I run and hide and save often.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
That's the setting I usually resort to. The runes and boneshards kind of enhance your skills/weapons, but I can not find nor retrieve them easily. The weapons are only a hindrance. I run and hide and save often.
Not much fun though is it?..

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Not much fun though is it?..
Well, the zombie games I'm waiting for aren't out until December. I do like it if the game has good weapons and great kill effects. This one is ok for a bit of entertainment and I don't spend hours on it cuz I get bored of reloading, turning my character around and getting killed. I could finish my Witcher game, but then I would be playing hours into the night. I'm one of the essential workers that have to get up for work at 7:00. Not complaining, but that is one reason I'm not playing one of my better liked games.:)

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Well, the zombie games I'm waiting for aren't out until December. I do like it if the game has good weapons and great kill effects. This one is ok for a bit of entertainment and I don't spend hours on it cuz I get bored of reloading, turning my character around and getting killed. I could finish my Witcher game, but then I would be playing hours into the night. I'm one of the essential workers that have to get up for work at 7:00. Not complaining, but that is one reason I'm not playing one of my better liked games.:)
Have you tried Sate of Decay/2?

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
It's one of the better TW games. One of the last original ones before Rome TW2

Fluttermoth

Mrs Treguard
Reaction score
There’s a lot of challenges involving animal killing and skinning in RD2. Probably not for you.
Well, I saw it going cheap on Game, and my son bought it for me, as a belated birthday present, and I absolutely love, love, love it! I don't mind the killing and skinning, as it seems purposeful, and the game is so immersive, it just goes along with the general realism.

I can see why some people find it a bit slow and tedious, but I really like that; it's such a beautiful game, I'm spending days just trail riding and searching legendary animals to hunt, it's brilliant, and the horses are very awesome, although I've already managed to kill one and had another one stolen off me (Summertime! Noooooo!) :eek:

I've also discovered that if you fail a mission three or four times, you can skip it, which is very handy if you're a lazy gamer and a terrible shot, like me!

P.S; to all those pixel animals now running around bleeding, it's not my fault, if you would just stand still and let me shoot you in the head, this wouldn't be happening, you've bought it on yourselves :rollingw:

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Well, I saw it going cheap on Game, and my son bought it for me, as a belated birthday present, and I absolutely love, love, love it! I don't mind the killing and skinning, as it seems purposeful, and the game is so immersive, it just goes along with the general realism.

I can see why some people find it a bit slow and tedious, but I really like that; it's such a beautiful game, I'm spending days just trail riding and searching legendary animals to hunt, it's brilliant, and the horses are very awesome, although I've already managed to kill one and had another one stolen off me (Summertime! Noooooo!) :eek:

I've also discovered that if you fail a mission three or four times, you can skip it, which is very handy if you're a lazy gamer and a terrible shot, like me!

P.S; to all those pixel animals now running around bleeding, it's not my fault, if you would just stand still and let me shoot you in the head, this wouldn't be happening, you've bought it on yourselves :rollingw:
I'm a few hours in and I'm enjoying the lazy pace, just bowlin' about.

Fluttermoth

Mrs Treguard
Reaction score
I'm a few hours in and I'm enjoying the lazy pace, just bowlin' about.
Until you do a mission, then it all goes mental, and I'm dead before I've worked out what the hell is happening :rollingw:

(It's been a few years since I played a "proper" game, I've been on WoW and Rift, Star Stable and the Sims 2)

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score

Great. That tedium is what’s called ‘pacing’. If you’re rushing to complete the game instead of moseying through this gorgeous and brilliantly-created environment, you’re going to miss a lot of high strangeness and genuine fun.
As soon as I got hold of a camera, I started taking pictures. Two notable examples... a snake-bitten man I took to the Doc in St.Denis. I sensitively grabbed a quick snap as he was about to get his arm amputated and another of a woman on her knees in the dirt crying in front of her husband who’d just been hung. And oh..... a ghost. As I say, great fun. Top tip. Get the legendary horse at the top left of the map as soon as you can. I called mine Crystal Myth.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
Until you do a mission, then it all goes mental, and I'm dead before I've worked out what the hell is happening :rollingw:

(It's been a few years since I played a "proper" game, I've been on WoW and Rift, Star Stable and the Sims 2)
check your auto aim settings and keep a sharp eye on the mini map. This game is ideal for lockdown.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
But maybe this instead. It depends on how I feel on the day.

OrsonSwells

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
After trying a few games (Heavy Water, Shadow of Mordor, Just Cause 4) that I failed to get into, I've been enjoying Sniper Elite 4 the past few weeks. I mean, so far it seems to be basically the same thing over and over again, but I find it kind of relaxing. If "relaxing" is the right word for a sniper game...

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
After trying a few games (Heavy Water, Shadow of Mordor, Just Cause 4) that I failed to get into, I've been enjoying Sniper Elite 4 the past few weeks. I mean, so far it seems to be basically the same thing over and over again, but I find it kind of relaxing. If "relaxing" is the right word for a sniper game...
For added realism, play it for a massively extended period hiding on top of the wardrobe and if you have to poo, do it in your helmet.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Totally why I like my zombie games. Any slicing and dicing makes me happy. I’m a crap shot, but if I can get in nice and close with a trusty knife...:reap:. I spend hours sometimes just to get the sneak attacks in and running away.

Just as in Assassins’ Creed, I liked the female character who climbed, jumped and had a blade. She was fun to play. Whenever I had to finish a mission with her brother who was Mr. Fisty Cuffs, it wasn’t half so fun.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Totally why I like my zombie games. Any slicing and dicing makes me happy. I’m a crap shot, but if I can get in nice and close with a trusty knife...:reap:. I spend hours sometimes just to get the sneak attacks in and running away.

Just as in Assassins’ Creed, I liked the female character who climbed, jumped and had a blade. She was fun to play. Whenever I had to finish a mission with her brother who was Mr. Fisty Cuffs, it wasn’t half so fun.
That was the twins in AC Syndicate? I though that was a strange design choice, the sister was way more fun to play than her top-hatted idiot brother.

I adore the AC series, the creators always manage to pick a era of history that I'm fascinated with - Crusades, Renaissance Italy, Revolutionary France, 17th Century pirates, Victorian London, ancient Egypt. The only misstep for me was the American Revolution. AC3 was not a bad game (definitely not as bad as the reviews claimed) but just not something I'm that interested in. Still got the Platinum though.

I'm always a couple of years behind though. I'll probably start Odyssey around the time Valhalla is released. Got the Old West to tame first!

Fluttermoth

Mrs Treguard
Reaction score
Great. That tedium is what’s called ‘pacing’. If you’re rushing to complete the game instead of moseying through this gorgeous and brilliantly-created environment, you’re going to miss a lot of high strangeness and genuine fun.
I'm in no rush to get to the end; I've seen some spoilers while looking for tips, and let's just say I'm a bit salty about it! I probably will play it through at some point, because I'm a completeist at heart, but I'm fulling intending to find a nice save point and mostly use it as a sandbox for messing around with my horses :rollingw:

As soon as I got hold of a camera, I started taking pictures. Two notable examples... a snake-bitten man I took to the Doc in St.Denis. I sensitively grabbed a quick snap as he was about to get his arm amputated and another of a woman on her knees in the dirt crying in front of her husband who’d just been hung. And oh..... a ghost. As I say, great fun.
It's a bit annoying Rockstar make it so hard to access your pics; all my other games just stick them in a folder you can easily access without having to C&P them into another programme, but hey ho, such is life!

Top tip. Get the legendary horse at the top left of the map as soon as you can. I called mine Crystal Myth.
Meh, I'm not a fan of the arabians in this game; too small and skittish! I used a glitch to get the silver dapple fox trotter early, a much better horse, IMHO!

Moonstone.jpg

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
this game looks good, I will be buying it when it's ready.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Elite Dangerous Odyssey - due early in 2021. A further add-on to make the best space game ever even better:

I'm drooling with anticipation: