Confessions Of A Computer Game Addict

Sgt Girth

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I’m quite enjoying playing Sniper Elite III during lockdown, especially with its internal body views when you pick somebody off......I do tend to wince though if I get a bad guy with a shot through the testicles!

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Elite Dangerous Carriers.

I just don't get the point of this latest add-on.

OK, so these humongous ships look impressive when you fly around them and dock, but for the convenience of doing a 500 light-year jump, the fee is enormous. Also the routine maintenance costs will hit you regularly.
This game is supposed to be about fun and excitement in outer space, not some miserable debt simulator.
Think I'll give the carriers a miss and carry on with bounty hunting for now.

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
="blessmycottonsocks, post: 1975282, member: 48959"]
Elite Dangerous Carriers.

I just don't get the point of this latest add-on.

OK, so these humongous ships look impressive when you fly around them and dock, but for the convenience of doing a 500 light-year jump, the fee is enormous. Also the routine maintenance costs will hit you regularly.
This game is supposed to be about fun and excitement in outer space, not some miserable debt simulator.
Think I'll give the carriers a miss and carry on with bounty hunting for now.
I’m with you there. The implementation of Fleet Carriers is an expensive burden I don’t need. Ridiculously expensive to buy and maintain, it’s almost as if the devs never had to grind the game to get to 5 billion and instead had a poke to give infinite credits.

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Surviving Mars on PS4 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviving_Mars

Its flaws make it difficult sometimes but it is akin to having an addiction. If you like building sims and refuse to pay the ridiculous sums Civilisation still charges for old games seriously give it a go.

I really like it.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
steam has doom eternal half price, what can i say, when i am tempted i fall. was not going to pay 50 quid for it, but for £25 its a demon killing steal

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
She better have learned how to swim.
Surprisingly enough she does:lolling:. It’s quite heavily story driven and well written. I’m enjoying it. I’m doing not bad on ‘regular’ play. Ways to get out of predicaments take a little bit of thinking but I’m not bad at stealth and there are several things she can craft to set up traps, though she often gets stuck and tries to move away from said trap esp when suddenly there is a mutant right there and she kills herself.

My difficulty is that I’m left handed ( writing) and the R1 is to duck. Do you think I can do that easily? I’ve been playing for 18+ hours now and still can’t reliably use the right controls to escape a melee - and the clickers you can’t survive by fighting.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
@Naughty_Felid, I loved The Last of Us on my ps3 and bought it to play on my 4. I don’t remember what play level I set it at, but I only ever play games on either casual or regular play. Are you good at stealth? Because there is a lot of situations IIR that you either run like hell or sneak and kill. I do think that both games 1 & 2 kind of progress you a bit depending on number of times you’ve been killed. In 2 I am definitely looking for alternate ways of hiding and getting around enemies. I am lying prone and crawling around a lot. Lol

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
My difficulty is that I’m left handed ( writing) and the R1 is to duck. Do you think I can do that easily? I’ve been playing for 18+ hours now and still can’t reliably use the right controls to escape a melee - and the clickers you can’t survive by fighting.
You should be able to reassign the buttons in the options.

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I Know of my options, but don’t know if it would help as I have little problem with the remaining button controls. It seems to be just that one:dunno:
That's annoying... there are so many controls in games now that there's always one that seems to trip me up.

I've just counted on a PS4 controller - 18 buttons and two analogue sticks! And that doesn't include clicking the sticks (R3 and L3) or a long press on the touch screen, for example. Then you can multiply that by pressing a button while holding down any of the four triggers, press two buttons at the same time blah blah blah.

How did we ever cope with a joystick and single fire button?

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
That's annoying... there are so many controls in games now that there's always one that seems to trip me up.

I've just counted on a PS4 controller - 18 buttons and two analogue sticks! And that doesn't include clicking the sticks (R3 and L3) or a long press on the touch screen, for example. Then you can multiply that by pressing a button while holding down any of the four triggers, press two buttons at the same time blah blah blah.

How did we ever cope with a joystick and single fire button?
Tendonitis lol

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
my pc now looks much tidy inside.yes i know cables are showing but i cant hid them completely.
IMG_00140.JPG

Last edited: