Conspiracy In The U.S. Election & Trump's Presidency

uair01

Justified & Ancient
And from the comments a bit further down:

If a government (or billionaire) wanted to create a version of Asimov's 'Second Foundation' to keep history on track, how should they go about doing this? How would we know if someone was doing it already?

Well this would require a truly enormous amount of detailed data on human behavior. A truly astronomical number with a huge exponent.
Gathering this kind of data would be hard to conceal, so it would have to use the Purloined Letter method and be hidden in plain site.
And because of this you'd need to assure the public that you weren't up to anything nefarious. You couldn't just tell then "We Are Not Evil", because that would be a little too obvious. You'd have to be a little more subtle.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
I see that I'm not the only one noticing that Trump feels like The Mule from Asimov's Foundation and Empire. It's also in the comments of this economics blog:
Not the first time people have been accused of trying to shape reality in the image of 'Foundation': Bin Laden springs to mind.

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Following Trump is an evil addiction. Maybe we should all go cold turkey. But in the meantime … Note: this could very well be a hoax, even a Russian hoax :)

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news...ald-trump-supporters-phoenix-rally/584350001/

Two days before President Donald Trump arrives in Phoenix for his first "outside-the-swamp" rally in Arizona, aphantom Craigslist ad popped up.

Actors needed,” itread.

The ad, posted early on Sunday,wanted to hire people to pose as Trump supporters for the rally, with “minorities especially desired to hold pro-Trump signs, cheer on command, and show diversity.”

Those interested were asked to reply with a head-shot photo and a resume. The rate? Ten dollars per hour to stand in Phoenix’s predicted 105-degree heat Tuesday.

After 30 minutes, the post was deleted. Four hours later, it popped up again. Five minutes later, it was gone again.

James_H

And I like to roam the land
Actors needed,” itread.

The ad, posted early on Sunday,wanted to hire people to pose as Trump supporters for the rally, with “minorities especially desired to hold pro-Trump signs, cheer on command, and show diversity.”

Those interested were asked to reply with a head-shot photo and a resume. The rate? Ten dollars per hour to stand in Phoenix’s predicted 105-degree heat Tuesday.
Standard practice in China and Hong Kong - people are paid in free meals to turn up to pro-government protests.

Shadowsot

Ephemeral Spectre
Following Trump is an evil addiction. Maybe we should all go cold turkey. But in the meantime … Note: this could very well be a hoax, even a Russian hoax :)

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news...ald-trump-supporters-phoenix-rally/584350001/

Two days before President Donald Trump arrives in Phoenix for his first "outside-the-swamp" rally in Arizona, aphantom Craigslist ad popped up.

Actors needed,” itread.

After 30 minutes, the post was deleted. Four hours later, it popped up again. Five minutes later, it was gone again.
Due to the number of times these popped up under Obama, I think it's reasonable to conclude they are equally false.
That is, the ads were real, but not made by anyone associated with the campaign and more of a troll

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Standard practice in China and Hong Kong - people are paid in free meals to turn up to pro-government protests.
I have done this.

My job, along with about thirty other... visible minorities... was pretty much to be waved at and wave back to the then president while cameras clicked. The city council duly paid for a huge lunch at a traditional restaurant. My then boss sent the whole of his foreign staff along as he was close with the head of the department of education.

As luck would have it, I did actually go on to be an admirer of that President. He was the one who threw himself off a mountain after leaving office.

I also got to speak to the rightful heir to the Korean throne (unfortunately the country is now a republic).

Great day. Doubt these Trump hires will have got such a sweet deal.

Truly Fortean and it fits in with the conspiracies in this thread.

The Same Russian Troll Accounts Tweeting Election Propaganda Were Also Tweeting about UFOs and Ancient Mysteries
8/28/2018

I’ve received quite a bit of criticism for my conclusion that the Russian government has purposely promoted UFO and ancient astronaut beliefs as part of their propaganda efforts aimed at destabilizing the West. As part of that campaign, Russian trolls and bots made more than one million tweets to influence the 2016 election. Twitter recently deleted those tweets in an effort to clean up its service, but NBC News published a spreadsheet containing 200,000 tweets from Russian propaganda accounts sent in 2016 and 2017. A significant, though not overlarge, number of Russian propaganda tweets were about UFOs, ancient astronauts, and ancient mysteries.

Here are a few representative samples of the Russian retweets. I have stripped them of the linked articles to avoid promoting bottom-feeding clickbait and propaganda sites.

“Ancient Hopi Claim Their Ancestors Came From The Inner World.”

“INVESTIGATION INTO OBAMA'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE REVEALS HE'S AN ANCIENT ALIEN #TrumpsFavoriteHeadline”

“Could an ancient civilisation have existed in Antarctica thousands of years ago? Possibly...”

“Frozen Ancient Civilization Discovered In Antarctica”

“Ancient Texts Reveal: Earth Was Ruled for 241,000 Years by 8 Kings Who Came from Heaven.”

“Scientist Claims The Lost City of Atlantis Was on Mars & Ancient Egypt Traded With Them”

“Ancient Metropolis On Mars In Plain Sight”

“Travis Walton: Aliens Accidentally Killed Me But Took My Corpse Onto UFO To Save My Life”

“NASA Hidden Files:This Giant Cube UFO Keeps Returning To Our Sun. Why?”

“From Alien Contact to Man-made UFOs: 4 Declassified Secrets from the CIA and USA Government”

“UFO Experts Warn of Fake Alien Invasion to Achieve NOW”

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/t...lso-tweeting-about-ufos-and-ancient-mysteries

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
Bob Woodward's new book claims that Trump aides would steal papers off his desk 'to protect the country'.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html

The Kelly referred to below is Chief of Staff Kelly.
--------------------------------------
"He' an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Bob Woodward's new book claims that Trump aides would steal papers off his desk 'to protect the country'.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html

The Kelly referred to below is Chief of Staff Kelly.
--------------------------------------
"He' an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."
The whole thing is mind-numbingly bonkers, but this vignette seems perhaps the most apposite for our purpose here:

In one revelatory anecdote, Woodward describes a scene in the White House residence. Trump's lawyer, convinced the President would perjure himself, put Trump through a test — a practice interview for the one he might have with Mueller. Trump failed, according to Dowd, but the President still insisted he should testify.

Woodward writes that Dowd saw the "full nightmare" of a potential Mueller interview, and felt Trump acted like an "aggrieved Shakespearean king."

But Trump seemed surprised at Dowd's reaction, Woodward writes. "You think I was struggling?" Trump asked.
Then, in an even more remarkable move, Dowd and Trump's current personal attorney Jay Sekulow went to Mueller's office and re-enacted the mock interview. Their goal: to argue that Trump couldn't possibly testify because he was incapable of telling the truth.

"He just made something up. That's his nature," Dowd said to Mueller.

The passage is an unprecedented glimpse behind the scenes of Mueller's secretive operation — for the first time, Mueller's conversations with Trump's lawyers are captured.

"I need the president's testimony," Mueller said. "What was his intent on Comey? ... I want to see if there was corrupt intent."

Despite Dowd's efforts, Trump continued to insist he could testify. "I think the President of the United States cannot be seen taking the fifth," Trump said.

Dowd's argument was stark: "There's no way you can get through these. ... Don't testify. It's either that or an orange jump suit."

What he couldn't say to Trump, according to Woodward, was what Dowd believed to be true: "You're a fucking liar."

Source:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html
I've long been on the fence. Trump can't be both an idiot and a Machiavellian. But I think the truth has to be simply that he has no idea what he is doing. He's not an idiot per se, but more like a person with a questionable memory who primarily exists in the present moment: there's a low ceiling for effective functioning when operating in such a fashion. He may well have given the nod to any number of hair-brained schemes to win the election and solicit help from any and all sources and I really think we're going to see multiple cases of illegal behaviour when the investigation is complete.

Which leads me to wonder, is this more recent dementia (recall those seeds sown a long way back) or could his wealth have really allowed him to have been insulated by the ordinarily catastrophic consequences of such a way of life? There was scrutiny in the past, but ultimately if he just made stuff up it only mattered to those who had a business relationship with him. Now, alas, he is just making stuff up about really important issues with really serious consequences and the scrutiny has a legal framework with penalties far more serious than fines and bans.

One thing looks certain to me: he's fucked. And if the Republican party don't cut him adrift when that is revealed by the Mueller investigation and instead decide to continue with the flak and decoys, they're going to wreak utter disaster on the U.S. (and elsewhere if the revelations in that article are to be believed).

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I think he just prefers watching TV and Tweeting to running the country. Maybe why he has so many sympathisers.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
And his of the unusual term 'lodestar' suggests it could be Mike Pence, the man who will inherit the big chair of Trump is removed from office. Or could it be somebody wanting the public to believe that Pence was the author.

Now this is pod-racing conspiracy!

Vardoger

Bring the Beat Back!

INT21

Justified & Ancient
What if it turns out to be S Huckabee-Sanders ?

But Pence would be the one to gain. At least in the short term.

Looks as if it has to be someone who is close to him all the time.

One of the family ?

INT21

uair01

Justified & Ancient

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Woodward is a journalist. And a good one- therefore he makes fairly mundane things sound exciting and interesting. This, for example. In Britain one of the main purposes of the Civil Services is to subtly or not so subtly sink and/or bury the more outlandish and impossible brainfarts of senior politicians. It's what they've always done and still do. I have no doubt that there are officers within the U.S. administration whose role is the same.

It's no big deal.

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Makes one wonder what it takes before anything does become a 'big deal'.

INT21

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Yithian..Intergalactic Space Crusader.

So, we have our own Star Ship Trooper.

Come on, now. You all know the words....

INT21 :)