Conspiracy In The U.S. Election & Trump's Presidency

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
... PS- I hear Trump is getting behind a new invigorated US Space Program so I'm sure all Forteans are happy with that, as no doubt he's hoping to look for some Great Truths "out there" by making contact with Klingons and Romulans etc.
Well, no ...

He's tossed off some comments about prioritizing a manned mission to Mars, which conflicts with NASA's more rational long-view plans for exploring with probes and landers before wasting money on risky and less scientifically relevant manned missions. If anything, such a shift in priorities would inhibit rather than promote progress in gathering knowledge about our solar system.

The other space-related move has been to call for the military to establish a Space Command - something which would end up shifting priorities and funding toward close (orbital) applications unrelated to scientific exploration or further manned exploration.

Neither of these would help us with the broader 'Great Truths' objective(s), and both could easily delay or derail progress in that direction.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
... Is there a thread somewhere where I can say that I think the only thing that matters is whether Trump is doing a good job for America, and reports we're getting in Britain seem to suggest the answer is "yes", because we hear the US economy is booming and unemployment has been zapped, and industry is being revitalised etc, so I and other Brits simply can't fathom why some Americans don't like him.
No.

Dropship

Devoted Cultist
Such discussion of a particular contemporary politician per se would be 'political' in the sense we prohibit and destroy.
Alright alright, I'm a 70-year-old moderator at the Mission4Today military forum, (screenname 'PoorOldSpike') and I'm also a member of the Truth Zone forum (screenname 'Ugh') so it looks like I'll have to go there when I want to have fun discussing hot potato politics..:)

gordonrutter

Justified & Ancient
Staff member
Alright alright, I'm a 70-year-old moderator at the Mission4Today military forum, (screenname 'PoorOldSpike') and I'm also a member of the Truth Zone forum (screenname 'Ugh') so it looks like I'll have to go there when I want to have fun discussing hot potato politics..:)
So discussing things in relevant and appropriate fora. Yes sounds like a good idea, Forteana for Fortean discussions.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Agreed ...

Firefly29

Fresh Blood
Thanks, I'd like to discuss it further but have already been told this thread is not the place to do it and have been chased off..:)
Is there a thread somewhere where I can say that I think the only thing that matters is whether Trump is doing a good job for America, and reports we're getting in Britain seem to suggest the answer is "yes", because we hear the US economy is booming and unemployment has been zapped, and industry is being revitalised etc, so I and other Brits simply can't fathom why some Americans don't like him.
Not sure if serious...

Kingsize Wombat

Abominable Snowman
Some further details emerge:

A new filing by Special Counsel Robert Mueller shows how Russia uses the federal courts to go after its adversaries.

A new court filing submitted on Wednesday by Special Counsel Robert Mueller revealed that a Russian troll farm currently locked in a legal battle over its alleged interference in the 2016 election appeared to wage yet another disinformation campaign late last year—this time targeting Mueller himself.

According to the filing, the special counsel’s office turned over 1 million pages of evidence to lawyers for Concord Management and Consulting as part of the discovery process. The firm is accused of funding the troll farm, known as the Internet Research Agency. But someone connected to Concord allegedly manipulated the documents and leaked them to reporters, hoping the documents would make people think that Mueller’s evidence against the troll farm and its owners was flimsy. The tactic didn’t seem to convince anyone, but it appeared to mark yet another example of Russia exploiting the U.S. justice system to undercut its rivals abroad.

Last year, I detailed how Russia has figured out how to use the U.S. immigration courts and so-called red notices issued by Interpol to harass and even detain its enemies. But it doesn’t end there. Experts say Kremlin proxies have targeted their rivals and other disfavored individuals by exploiting U.S. courts to pursue bogus claims via “superficially legitimate lawsuits,” Anders Aslund, a resident senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, said in a recent report. He worked as an economic adviser to the Russian government from 1991 to 1994. The Kremlin proxies have done so not only to perpetuate global harassment campaigns against their perceived enemies, Aslund argued, but also to “enrich themselves through bad faith claims made possible by the Russian state’s abuse of disfavored individuals and their businesses.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ng-shows-how-russia-misuses-us-courts/581884/

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Thanks, I'd like to discuss it further but have already been told this thread is not the place to do it and have been chased off..:)
Is there a thread somewhere where I can say that I think the only thing that matters is whether Trump is doing a good job for America, and reports we're getting in Britain seem to suggest the answer is "yes", because we hear the US economy is booming and unemployment has been zapped, and industry is being revitalised etc, so I and other Brits simply can't fathom why some Americans don't like him.
No. The US economy is projected to manitain 2.3% growth, not the 4% growth Trump promised, and unemployment is no better and no worse than under Obama. Remembering of course that Obama had to de-tank the economy after W. left monetary policy unattended and caused the 2008 crash. Remember also that Trump has started a trade war with China, and that is not going to be good for the global economy, let alone the US economy. All of this of course plays into Putin's hands, as Putin wants to drive a wedge between the US and China, preferably creating a war between them, from which Russia can assert itself as the primary global superpower (despite having a lower GDP than Italy). Remember that Putin is presently under international economic sanctions, and so a world recession is fine by him. Trump is bad for the US economy, and his policies are Putin's policies that mean ruin for the USA.

uair01

Justified & Ancient
Examples of Twitter and YouTube bots:

They all use the exact same script, but the computerized voices are different to not trip YouTube's audio detectors, the videos all use different footage to avoid any visual content ID match. This is offensive AI at work, and it's built to avoid every countermeasure..... slick.

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
National Enquirer tried to blackmail Jeff Bezos for supposedly political reasons. It did not go well.

/Bezos owns the Washington Post, which Trump is not a fan off. The owner of the National Enquirer is allies with Trump, and buried a story about Trump and a woman.

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
Judge rules Manafort intentionally lied to the FBI and Mueller. Given Manafort's past work with Putin allies, he might be trying to get the longest sentence in the most secure prison he can in the interest of self protection.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...-mueller-prosecutors-they-do-not-have-n971361

"A federal judge ruled Wednesday that prosecutors for special counsel Robert Mueller had proved that Paul Manafort lied on three occasions and agreed the prosecutors are no longer bound by a deal to recommend a lighter sentence for Manafort. "

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
No. The US economy is projected to manitain 2.3% growth, not the 4% growth Trump promised, and unemployment is no better and no worse than under Obama. Trump is bad for the US economy, and his policies are Putin's policies that mean ruin for the USA.

United States GDP Growth Rate

"US unemployment rate falls to lowest level since 1969"

Guardian, Oct. 2018

"Senate has uncovered no direct evidence of conspiracy between Trump campaign and Russia"

NBC News, 12.2.19

Senate Intelligence Committee Panel chair Richard Burr said 'we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-NO-EVIDENCE-COLLUSION-senators-remark.html

:dhorse:

maximus otter

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Deafening silence:

"It’s been two days since NBC’s exclusive reporting that the Senate Intelligence Committee has found no material evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, and as of yet none of the three major broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) have given it even a single second of coverage in their evening newscasts. Considering these networks have given the Russia probe a massive 2,202 minutes of airtime, their silence on this major development is deafening.

...analysts examining all coverage on ABC’s World News Tonight, the CBS Evening News, and the NBC Nightly News found that those 2,202 minutes spent on the Russia investigation accounted for nearly 19 percent of all Trump-related reporting between January 21, 2017 and February 10, 2019.

However none of those three shows have even mentioned the investigation since NBC’s report came out on February 12."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...nutes-russia-scandal-zero-no-collusion-report

:rolleyes:

maximus otter

EnolaGaia

Staff member
The role of the Senate Intelligence Committee is oversight on the intelligence community. They are not directly investigating the issue of alleged collusion; they are reviewing and assessing the actions and conclusions of the US intelligence community during the course of the overall collusion circus.

To the extent this review has surfaced possible misdeeds or evidence relevant to such misdeeds, the committee has forwarded its findings to the actual investigation into alleged collusion and related matters - i.e., the Mueller probe.

It's not been treated as blockbuster news because the committee's work represents a parallel inquiry of peripheral relevance to the criminal probe.

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
Also, that was the position of the majority, not the full committee. And the committee chair Richard Burr who made that statement also served as the senior national security adviser to Trump's campaign.

So a bit of "we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing".

Committee chair Richard Burr? That guy at the bottom right....

fark_DFUyR4gwrVbj-B-V70gPm4vfzy4.gif

Last edited:

INT21

Justified & Ancient
Yithian,

I see before me a wave of pardons and a constitutional crisis.

They are not listening.

(I take it you are talking about those bad boys who have gone all political on us ?)

INT21 ;)

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
In what's bad news for Roger Stone and Wikileaks, the communications were found during a search warrant executed relating to the associated Russian indictments. eg Mueller found this information by beginning the trail on the Russian side.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/politics/roger-stone-wikileaks/index.html

"Prosecutors said for the first time that they have evidence of Roger Stone communicating with WikiLeaks, according to a new court filing from special counsel prosecutors."

That's also probably bad news for Fox tv host Sean Hannity.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...russia-links-mark-warner-senate-a8185496.html

Another election conspiracy, result could well be overturned in the district.

Dan McCready, the Democratic candidate in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District, withdrew his concession on Thursday as new details emerged about allegations of election fraud that may have favored his Republican challenger.

McCready’s decision, first announced in an interview with Charlotte television station WSOC, comes as North Carolina is dealing with an unfolding scandal over absentee ballots. Election officials are trying to determine why many were never mailed in in certain counties that likely would have favored the Democrats in the election, and three people have told BuzzFeed News and WSOC that they were hired to collect such absentee votes, which would be a violation of state law. Republican Mark Harris is currently leading in the election by 905 votes. McCready conceded last month about 24 hours after polls closed in the midterm elections.

“Last week we began to learn about shameful criminal activity, bankrolled by my opponent, to take away North Carolinians very rights to vote,” McCready said in a video posted Thursday on Twitter. “I didn’t serve overseas in the Marine Corps just to come back home and watch politicians and career criminals attack our democracy.” McCready also called on Harris to “tell us exactly what he knew and when he knew it.” ...

The state elections board has refused to certify the 9th District results, and the North Carolina Republican Party said it was open to a new election should it be necessary. The board can order a new vote if “irregularities or improprieties occurred to such an extent that they taint the results of the entire election and cast doubt on its fairness.”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) also said earlier Thursday that Congress could refuse to seat Harris until the alleged fraud is investigated. ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/north-carolina-dan-mccready-withdraws-concession_us_5c09a755e4b0b6cdaf5d7267?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=__TheMorningEmail__120718&utm_content=__TheMorningEmail__120718+CID_0d9684f06c4a29d3d4aec0ffde093d3f&utm_source=Email marketing software&utm_term=HuffPost&ncid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__120718

More on the North Carolina vote rigging.

The executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections revealed Monday that state officials had uncovered a “coordinated” and “unlawful” effort to collect absentee ballots on behalf of a Republican congressional candidate in the November election.

Kim Strach, the board’s executive director, made the comments at a closely watched public evidentiary hearing in Raleigh on Monday following a monthslong investigation into election irregularities in the state’s 9th Congressional District. The state board declined to certify the race last November and could order a new election after the hearing. Republican Mark Harris currently leads Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes in the race.

In the first public comments outlining the results of the state’s probe, Strach said investigators had evidence that McCrae Dowless, a political operative working on behalf of the Harris campaign, filled out and mailed in incomplete or blank ballots from both his office and home. She said Dowless paid people in cash to collect requests for absentee ballots and the ballots themselves. The state board also has evidence, she said, that Dowless paid people to falsify signatures on absentee ballots indicating that they had witnessed those ballots being filled out (North Carolina requires two witnesses to someone filling out an absentee ballot).

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nort...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__021919

More on the North Carolina vote rigging.

The executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections revealed Monday that state officials had uncovered a “coordinated” and “unlawful” effort to collect absentee ballots on behalf of a Republican congressional candidate in the November election.

Kim Strach, the board’s executive director, made the comments at a closely watched public evidentiary hearing in Raleigh on Monday following a monthslong investigation into election irregularities in the state’s 9th Congressional District. The state board declined to certify the race last November and could order a new election after the hearing. Republican Mark Harris currently leads Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes in the race.

In the first public comments outlining the results of the state’s probe, Strach said investigators had evidence that McCrae Dowless, a political operative working on behalf of the Harris campaign, filled out and mailed in incomplete or blank ballots from both his office and home. She said Dowless paid people in cash to collect requests for absentee ballots and the ballots themselves. The state board also has evidence, she said, that Dowless paid people to falsify signatures on absentee ballots indicating that they had witnessed those ballots being filled out (North Carolina requires two witnesses to someone filling out an absentee ballot).

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nort...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__021919
A new election will be held.

The North Carolina Board of Elections on Thursday called for a new election in the state’s 9th Congressional District after examining evidence of absentee ballot fraud on behalf of GOP candidate Mark Harris.

The five-member board, which consists of three Democrats and two Republicans, unanimously voted for the new contest. In making the motion for a new election, board Chairman Robert Cordle said the election was “tainted” and pointed to “corruption” and “mess” with absentee ballots.

The vote came after Harris, who had a 905-vote lead in the November race, abruptly said he believed a new election was warranted.
“I believe new election should be called,” the candidate told the board earlier Thursday. “It’s become clear to me the public’s confidence in the 9th District seat general election has been undermined to an extent that a new election is warranted.” The concession from Harris came after several days of testimony in which North Carolina officials laid out evidence that an operative working on his behalf had engaged in coordinated and substantial absentee ballot fraud.

In remarkable testimony Wednesday, Harris’ son John explained he had warned his father that Dowless was likely engaged in illegal absentee ballot activity. John Harris, now a 29-year-old assistant U.S. attorney in North Carolina, said he had examined the absentee ballot returns in Bladen County, where Dowless worked, in 2016 and noticed they were arriving in batches. That was a signal someone was collecting them and mailing them in.

A key part of John Harris’ testimony was a series of emails he had sent his father in 2017 warning that what Dowless was doing was illegal. Harris said he believed his father’s campaign attorneys had turned the emails over to the state board and was stunned to learn that was not the case. The board obtained the emails when John Harris sat with it for an interview and brought copies, believing he was providing documents the board already had.

In addition to the absentee ballot issue, Kim Strach, the executive director of the state board, also suggested Harris may have broken campaign finance law. To retain Dowless, Harris wrote a personal check to an independent expenditure PAC. Those PACs are legally prohibited from coordinating with candidates or campaigns, but Harris testified Thursday he didn’t know that was the case.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mark...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__022219

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
Trumps lawyer Cohen will be testifying before Congress for several days this week. Tomorrow is scheduled for public testimony.

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
In Cohen's public testimony, he spoke mostly about things that would fall under the forum's "political discussion", so I won't summarize any of that. Cohen also stated that he knew little of any Trump-Russia stuff, and that Trump had been told by Roger Stone about Julian Assange and Wikileaks and the DNC/Hilary Clinton emails.

Cohen also gave closed door testimony to the House Intelligence Committee, which is a committee that deals with foreign intelligence. Content of that meeting has not been disclosed.

kamalktk

Justified & Ancient
Various House committees are requesting documents from Trump and campaign associated officials, among them are specific requests for documents related to the Trump/Putin meetings.
https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=612

"According to media reports, President Trump, on multiple occasions, appears to have taken steps to conceal the details of his communications with President Putin from other administration officials, Congress, and the American people. The President reportedly seized notes pertaining to at least one meeting held with President Putin and directed at least one American interpreter not to discuss the substance of communications with President Putin with other federal officials. "

Cochise

Justified & Ancient
Various House committees are requesting documents from Trump and campaign associated officials, among them are specific requests for documents related to the Trump/Putin meetings.
https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=612

"According to media reports, President Trump, on multiple occasions, appears to have taken steps to conceal the details of his communications with President Putin from other administration officials, Congress, and the American people. The President reportedly seized notes pertaining to at least one meeting held with President Putin and directed at least one American interpreter not to discuss the substance of communications with President Putin with other federal officials. "

One would rather hope that the President of the United States does talk to the President of Russia. And that they could communicate in private. It might help if they knew what each other was up to rather than jumping to conclusions. They both still have rather a lot of nukes, and ideally they discuss not using them.