• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Conspiracy To Hide Existence Of Ancient Giant Humans?!

Not sure if this has already been posted.
A NatGeo article about a Roman giant.
The skeleton indicates a height of 6ft 8" and that the youngster - possibly as young as 16, was still growing at the time of his death. When average male height was only around 5ft 5", he would have been a giant indeed:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/rela...ent-skeleton-archaeology-history-science-rome

I am not a Roman but I stopped growing at the age of 15 1/2 when I was 6'6" over the years I have come across numerous people taller than me, we usually end up talking about how difficult it is to buy trousers when you have a 37" inside leg.

Years ago I (literally) bumped into Dolph Lundgren at Heathrow Airport in the duty free shop, I was a little bit taller than him, I apologized for standing on his foot and we ended up having a chat about how difficult it is to buy trousers in London when you are really tall.

The Roman kid probably used to complain about how he had to go to all the expense of having tailor made tunics crafted for him as the off-the-peg ones just never seemed to fit.

I can sympathise

I am not a Roman but I stopped growing at the age of 15 1/2 when I was 6'6" over the years I have come across numerous people taller than me, we usually end up talking about how difficult it is to buy trousers when you have a 37" inside leg.

Years ago I (literally) bumped into Dolph Lundgren at Heathrow Airport in the duty free shop, I was a little bit taller than him, I apologized for standing on his foot and we ended up having a chat about how difficult it is to buy trousers in London when you are really tall.

The Roman kid probably used to complain about how he had to go to all the expense of having tailor made tunics crafted for him as the off-the-peg ones just never seemed to fit.

I can sympathise

At only 6ft 3, compared with you, I'm almost a dwarf!
The article states that this young Roman's skull showed evidence of a pituitary tumour, which would have resulted in a continual and abnormal release of growth hormone. Rather like Robert Wadlow, he could have continued to grow until death from some pathological condition.

Back