Contact From Beyond The Grave?

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
At times I'm kind of on the other side of the fence with this idea of communication with or from the dead. I do believe enough in self fullfilling prophecy that I'm almost superstituous about it. I in no way do not believe that these things happen, but wonder what is the cause. Is it really a person from beyond trying to communicate or, is it the people left behind who miss them so much, and wanting to remember them and maintain the connection somehow causing things to happen? I don't think that there is a way to even separate these two ideas.

But I'm also superstituous enough that I try not to place expectations on those who have recently died that they return in some way. I don't want to think that I may have hindered them in what they need to do. My husband died 8 years ago and I dreamt of him once several days later, that I might say was us trying to communicate. We were facing each other. I only saw him and viewed him as if I was really looking at him ie not seeing myself as a third person as often in dreams. The surrounding was nothing/darkness. Not threatening. He appeared confused and was trying to speak to me, but there was something between us that prevented sound. I simply said "I love you" and do believe that he couldn't hear it. That was it. I didn't dream of him for several years after. He didn't believe in afterlife and I sit on the fence depending on what day it is. I have never had anything that I can call a message or reassurance from him, but I also don't expect to.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
At times I'm kind of on the other side of the fence with this idea of communication with or from the dead. I do believe enough in self fullfilling prophecy that I'm almost superstituous about it. I in no way do not believe that these things happen, but wonder what is the cause. Is it really a person from beyond trying to communicate or, is it the people left behind who miss them so much, and wanting to remember them and maintain the connection somehow causing things to happen? I don't think that there is a way to even separate these two ideas.

But I'm also superstituous enough that I try not to place expectations on those who have recently died that they return in some way. I don't want to think that I may have hindered them in what they need to do. My husband died 8 years ago and I dreamt of him once several days later, that I might say was us trying to communicate. We were facing each other. I only saw him and viewed him as if I was really looking at him ie not seeing myself as a third person as often in dreams. The surrounding was nothing/darkness. Not threatening. He appeared confused and was trying to speak to me, but there was something between us that prevented sound. I simply said "I love you" and do believe that he couldn't hear it. That was it. I didn't dream of him for several years after. He didn't believe in afterlife and I sit on the fence depending on what day it is. I have never had anything that I can call a message or reassurance from him, but I also don't expect to.
I had pretty much the same experience as you and take the same view. Having said that it would have been some comfort to me in the early days to receive a first hand message along the lines of everything is OK and I'll see you again when the time comes.

Sabresonic

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
I remember not long after my brothers death I was dreaming walking up his street and he was coming down in his Surf Van wearing his glasses and black polo neck smelling and I he turned right to back so I was going to go his door and give hug when the van stalled twice and I woke up, most my dreams don't make sense but this felt real and was normal dream.
That day I heard his ex had stalled the twice in the same street but the only difference was the van stalled in the backplane unlike the front of my dream.

Dwain Pipe

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I have mentioned on the forum, that my 8-y-o granddaughter's mother passed away in February, after a lengthy illness.

Zoe has coped magnificently and it's only in the past few days, we have seen the first indications otherwise.

Quite understandably, Zoe expressed how much she is now missing her mum and had become slightly withdrawn.

Earlier today, my son took his daughter for a country walk in the lovely sunshine.

They stopped for a rest and he asked if Zoe wanted to send a message to her mum in the 'spirit world'. This was a great idea and they both spent some time there.

My son, James, then also suggested, why don't we ask mummy to send us a 'sign', if she can.

Another great idea and they did just that, much to Zoe's delight.

This cheered her up considerably, which is all that James had intended.

That was the essence, later explained by both on their return.

I was visiting (still maintaining distancing for now) and they had only just returned, when Zoe comes out of her bedroom, proclaiming,' look what I found!'.

It's a child's ring.

Zoe relates how it was lying in the middle of her bedroom floor.

A present from mummy?

Obviously not.

Except that there is a wee twist in the tail here.

Well, a rather enormous one, actually.

Zoe loves unicorns.

The ring has a unicorn.

Unequivocally, none of us have ever seen it before.

All I know for certain, is there was a cry for some solace and it was found in a mysterious, immaculately timed, perfectly ideal ring, which has appeared without explanation.

Zoe, needless to say, is ecstatically happy with mummy's present.

Especially, as Zoe reminded us all, the last time she was able to visit mum in hospital, mum had promised Zoe a unicorn ring.

Alas, mum passed a couple of days later and that never materialised.

Or, did it...

View attachment 26402

View attachment 26403
Absolutely beautiful story. For me the explanation is quite straightforward. Your Granddaughters Mum wants to fulfil a promise she’s made to her....and she’s done it! In spirit world as in the physical world, she loves her Daughter. Wishing all of you the very best.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful story. For me the explanation is quite straightforward. Your Granddaughters Mum wants to fulfil a promise she’s made to her....and she’s done it! In spirit world as in the physical world, she loves her Daughter. Wishing all of you the very best.
I am finding it difficult to express just how uplifting your thoughts are.

They have been brought to the notice of everyone who has been affected. :twothumbs:

It just so happens, I was about to highlight a recent video.

This relates to the incident I mentioned, whereby the wee one was lamenting how her Chromebook volume was being inexplicably turned down, when playing, 'Roblox', past the bedtime mum would usually have allowed.

It was filmed some weeks back, shortly after the appearance of our enigmatic unicorn ring.

Originally, I did not intend to post any details, however, last couple of weeks everything has kinda settled down and my little muppet isn't mentioning anything even remotely related nowadays.

To say we all keep a constant vigil re same, would be... of course we do!

So... please all make of it what you will and do not hesitate to post any feedback!

Is this really tangible evidence of, 'Contact from Beyond the Grave...' ?

One obvious explanation which came to mind, was the response simply a result of voice commands being actioned.

However, no such software has ever been enabled and clearly inconsistent with what is evidenced.

Also paramount is the fact the issue began with the volume turning itself down and our late night video gamer not a happy wee bunny and complaining to Gran!

If you haven't seen the original post explaining said background, worthwhile checking it out for the entire perspective.

I must admit concerns re making the video available, as I haven't actually seen it more than twice before and I think there might be Daddy sweary words in it!

It's raw footage, as should be, if we attempt to document a story such as this.

Same goes for the photographs, taken instantly after the ring was found.

In conclusion, comes to mind that if we are contemplating the overall scenario... don't forget about that ring... you know, the one mummy had promised, a fact none of ourselves were aware of until subsequently explained by our little recipient and which immediately followed Dad and daughter returning home after a lovely spring day walk, during which Dad had suggested whilst having a quiet, reflective moment together, perhaps they could have a seat by the river and talk to mum/Dad's partner and consequently both asked if Nicola could send a sign... just to let them know she was now at peace (a long-term illness) and looking after her so cherished daughter.

As described, I was visiting Gran when they both returned, son came into the living room, daughter went into her bedroom and rushed straight back out...

'LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! MUMMY SAID SHE WOULD BUY ME ONE WHEN I WENT TO SEE HER IN HOSPITAL' (that was just a few days before Nicola passed away and last time she had seen her mum. We couldn't take her back once more as Nicola's situation deteriorated so rapidly).

This I remember well...

'Where did you find it?'

'IT WAS JUST LYING THERE, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BEDROOM FLOOR!!'.

Hey, you can even see resultant, documented photographic evidence above, as well!

Just a final note to emphasise that not only were neither Gran, son, daughter and myself unaware of the ring promise - and particularly a unicorn ring,for goodness sake - we had solidarity that the idea of 'planting such a thing and pretending it must have come from mummy', would be a hideous deception on a child - thoroughly reprehensible and absolutely not need for it in the first place.

OK.... Just watched the video for my third time, before being absolutely certain about putting it online.

The Chromebook hasn't, 'played up' since, the topic has itself entirely disappated and it's simply a snapshot recording of events.

Furthermore, Daddy is contrite and would like to apologise for those... 'inadvertent exclamations of surprise' ... :evillaugh:

Last edited: