• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Contact From Beyond The Grave? (IHTM)

At times I'm kind of on the other side of the fence with this idea of communication with or from the dead. I do believe enough in self fullfilling prophecy that I'm almost superstituous about it. I in no way do not believe that these things happen, but wonder what is the cause. Is it really a person from beyond trying to communicate or, is it the people left behind who miss them so much, and wanting to remember them and maintain the connection somehow causing things to happen? I don't think that there is a way to even separate these two ideas.

But I'm also superstituous enough that I try not to place expectations on those who have recently died that they return in some way. I don't want to think that I may have hindered them in what they need to do. My husband died 8 years ago and I dreamt of him once several days later, that I might say was us trying to communicate. We were facing each other. I only saw him and viewed him as if I was really looking at him ie not seeing myself as a third person as often in dreams. The surrounding was nothing/darkness. Not threatening. He appeared confused and was trying to speak to me, but there was something between us that prevented sound. I simply said "I love you" and do believe that he couldn't hear it. That was it. I didn't dream of him for several years after. He didn't believe in afterlife and I sit on the fence depending on what day it is. I have never had anything that I can call a message or reassurance from him, but I also don't expect to.

At times I'm kind of on the other side of the fence with this idea of communication with or from the dead. I do believe enough in self fullfilling prophecy that I'm almost superstituous about it. I in no way do not believe that these things happen, but wonder what is the cause. Is it really a person from beyond trying to communicate or, is it the people left behind who miss them so much, and wanting to remember them and maintain the connection somehow causing things to happen? I don't think that there is a way to even separate these two ideas.

But I'm also superstituous enough that I try not to place expectations on those who have recently died that they return in some way. I don't want to think that I may have hindered them in what they need to do. My husband died 8 years ago and I dreamt of him once several days later, that I might say was us trying to communicate. We were facing each other. I only saw him and viewed him as if I was really looking at him ie not seeing myself as a third person as often in dreams. The surrounding was nothing/darkness. Not threatening. He appeared confused and was trying to speak to me, but there was something between us that prevented sound. I simply said "I love you" and do believe that he couldn't hear it. That was it. I didn't dream of him for several years after. He didn't believe in afterlife and I sit on the fence depending on what day it is. I have never had anything that I can call a message or reassurance from him, but I also don't expect to.
I had pretty much the same experience as you and take the same view. Having said that it would have been some comfort to me in the early days to receive a first hand message along the lines of everything is OK and I'll see you again when the time comes.

I remember not long after my brothers death I was dreaming walking up his street and he was coming down in his Surf Van wearing his glasses and black polo neck smelling and I he turned right to back so I was going to go his door and give hug when the van stalled twice and I woke up, most my dreams don't make sense but this felt real and was normal dream.
That day I heard his ex had stalled the twice in the same street but the only difference was the van stalled in the backplane unlike the front of my dream.

I have mentioned on the forum, that my 8-y-o granddaughter's mother passed away in February, after a lengthy illness.

Zoe has coped magnificently and it's only in the past few days, we have seen the first indications otherwise.

Quite understandably, Zoe expressed how much she is now missing her mum and had become slightly withdrawn.

Earlier today, my son took his daughter for a country walk in the lovely sunshine.

They stopped for a rest and he asked if Zoe wanted to send a message to her mum in the 'spirit world'. This was a great idea and they both spent some time there.

My son, James, then also suggested, why don't we ask mummy to send us a 'sign', if she can.

Another great idea and they did just that, much to Zoe's delight.

This cheered her up considerably, which is all that James had intended.

That was the essence, later explained by both on their return.

I was visiting (still maintaining distancing for now) and they had only just returned, when Zoe comes out of her bedroom, proclaiming,' look what I found!'.

It's a child's ring.

Zoe relates how it was lying in the middle of her bedroom floor.

A present from mummy?

Obviously not.

Except that there is a wee twist in the tail here.

Well, a rather enormous one, actually.

Zoe loves unicorns.

The ring has a unicorn.

Unequivocally, none of us have ever seen it before.

All I know for certain, is there was a cry for some solace and it was found in a mysterious, immaculately timed, perfectly ideal ring, which has appeared without explanation.

Zoe, needless to say, is ecstatically happy with mummy's present.

Especially, as Zoe reminded us all, the last time she was able to visit mum in hospital, mum had promised Zoe a unicorn ring.

Alas, mum passed a couple of days later and that never materialised.

Or, did it...

View attachment 26402

View attachment 26403

Absolutely beautiful story. For me the explanation is quite straightforward. Your Granddaughters Mum wants to fulfil a promise she’s made to her....and she’s done it! In spirit world as in the physical world, she loves her Daughter. Wishing all of you the very best.

Absolutely beautiful story. For me the explanation is quite straightforward. Your Granddaughters Mum wants to fulfil a promise she’s made to her....and she’s done it! In spirit world as in the physical world, she loves her Daughter. Wishing all of you the very best.
I am finding it difficult to express just how uplifting your thoughts are.

They have been brought to the notice of everyone who has been affected. :twothumbs:

It just so happens, I was about to highlight a recent video.

This relates to the incident I mentioned, whereby the wee one was lamenting how her Chromebook volume was being inexplicably turned down, when playing, 'Roblox', past the bedtime mum would usually have allowed.

It was filmed some weeks back, shortly after the appearance of our enigmatic unicorn ring.

Originally, I did not intend to post any details, however, last couple of weeks everything has kinda settled down and my little muppet isn't mentioning anything even remotely related nowadays.

To say we all keep a constant vigil re same, would be... of course we do!

So... please all make of it what you will and do not hesitate to post any feedback!

Is this really tangible evidence of, 'Contact from Beyond the Grave...' ?

One obvious explanation which came to mind, was the response simply a result of voice commands being actioned.

However, no such software has ever been enabled and clearly inconsistent with what is evidenced.

Also paramount is the fact the issue began with the volume turning itself down and our late night video gamer not a happy wee bunny and complaining to Gran!

If you haven't seen the original post explaining said background, worthwhile checking it out for the entire perspective.

I must admit concerns re making the video available, as I haven't actually seen it more than twice before and I think there might be Daddy sweary words in it!

It's raw footage, as should be, if we attempt to document a story such as this.

Same goes for the photographs, taken instantly after the ring was found.

In conclusion, comes to mind that if we are contemplating the overall scenario... don't forget about that ring... you know, the one mummy had promised, a fact none of ourselves were aware of until subsequently explained by our little recipient and which immediately followed Dad and daughter returning home after a lovely spring day walk, during which Dad had suggested whilst having a quiet, reflective moment together, perhaps they could have a seat by the river and talk to mum/Dad's partner and consequently both asked if Nicola could send a sign... just to let them know she was now at peace (a long-term illness) and looking after her so cherished daughter.

As described, I was visiting Gran when they both returned, son came into the living room, daughter went into her bedroom and rushed straight back out...

'LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! MUMMY SAID SHE WOULD BUY ME ONE WHEN I WENT TO SEE HER IN HOSPITAL' (that was just a few days before Nicola passed away and last time she had seen her mum. We couldn't take her back once more as Nicola's situation deteriorated so rapidly).

This I remember well...

'Where did you find it?'

'IT WAS JUST LYING THERE, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BEDROOM FLOOR!!'.

Hey, you can even see resultant, documented photographic evidence above, as well!

Just a final note to emphasise that not only were neither Gran, son, daughter and myself unaware of the ring promise - and particularly a unicorn ring,for goodness sake - we had solidarity that the idea of 'planting such a thing and pretending it must have come from mummy', would be a hideous deception on a child - thoroughly reprehensible and absolutely not need for it in the first place.

OK.... Just watched the video for my third time, before being absolutely certain about putting it online.

The Chromebook hasn't, 'played up' since, the topic has itself entirely disappated and it's simply a snapshot recording of events.

Furthermore, Daddy is contrite and would like to apologise for those... 'inadvertent exclamations of surprise' ... :evillaugh:

Last edited:
My eldest brother bought me the book "Signs" for Xmas. About the dead purportedly communicating through repeated meaningful signs - and it claims you can agree or request a particular sign with the deceased, in your mind.

It got me thinking that for all my other stories ( the ones involving crosses, the balloons etc ) there's been nothing from, or that I'd associate with, my mum. So maybe I should ask her.

This thought occurred to me today as I was walking down the main road, coming home from Aldi. The only thing I could think of that would make sense as a specific, unusual and personal sign was the cuddly Minnie Mouse she slept with in her last years and was cremated with.

So I addressed her in my mind as I was walking along and said ok if you live on and can interact with the world show me through the symbol of Minnie Mouse turning up.

I carried on walking, daydreaming about imaginary scenarios under which it might amazingly turn up later today and me going online to tell people what had just happened.

I was still in the middle of this fantasy when something caught my eye a few houses further down the street in front of me . Is that...? That can't be...? You have to be ****ing kidding me!

IMG_20201230_113124649_HDR~2.jpg

My wife’s mother or my mother-in-law was a WAC in the army during WW II.

She was a good person but could be difficult.

Her favorite performer was pianist Liberace.

Sometimes around the anniversary of her death, things could get a little strange.

My wife had bought some very old LOOK magazines cheaply from a book store.

We noticed that one magazine was turned to an article about Liberace.

I did not turn the magazine, and my wife claimed she did not touch the magazine.

So what is the answer, I do not know ?

My wife’s mother or my mother-in-law was a WAC in the army during WW II.

She was a good person but could be difficult.

Her favorite performer was pianist Liberace.

Sometimes around the anniversary of her death, things could get a little strange.

My wife had bought some very old LOOK magazines cheaply from a book store.

We noticed that one magazine was turned to an article about Liberace.

I did not turn the magazine, and my wife claimed she did not touch the magazine.

So what is the answer, I do not know ?
The previous owner had it folded out on that page before, and it sprang back to its previous position, perhaps?

I do feel we should try to organise something...

In terms of promising to try to "do something" once we die, rather than in hastening someone's death!
Oh shit, should have read the whole post. Really, really sorry.

Harry Houdini ( 1874 to 1926 ) told his wife that if he died, he would find a way to contact her on his anniversary of his death with a code they worked out between them.

After 10 years, his wife announced to the world that 10 years was long enough to wait for any man and her man was not going to contact her.

When she died 17 years later, her Roman Catholic family would not let her be buried with her Jewish husband.

The couple are buried in different cemeteries.

One of my brother's was here before. He asked me if I had repeated the experience of asking for a sign like the Minnie Mouse incident last week.

So I said we can try it here and now if you like . I spoke to my mum out loud in the room. I said in a loud jokey tone ok mother, here's your chance, if you're there make Minnie Mouse turn up in some unexpected way, preferably today. (Almost anything would have counted as unexpected since I knew I wasn't leaving the house and I own nothing Disney related in the house. ).

He went home. I've just put on episode 5 of Surviving Death on Netflix ( highly recommended!) about after death communications. Near the end and I've just shot bolt upright...

Screenshot_20210109-195357.png

Since the two striking examples of the Minnie Mouse motif turning up on request, it's interesting to observe at work in my own brain the more obviously psychological process that accounts for the tendency of people to find "signs". When you've programmed yourself to think about a thing the subconscious scans your surroundings constantly and alerts your conscious mind to ever present things it would normally give no notice to.

The two incidents previously reported don't come under that banner, I don't think, because their meaning was in their timing and out of context nature.

But since then I've noticed two things. A) I'm spotting MICKEY mouse everywhere. A much more ubiquitous figure, so easier to encounter in the normal course of things. But the fact I keep noticing him, despite not giving him the significance I've assigned to the visually almost identical Minnie, is surely an indicator of the processes going on in my brain.."scan, spot, alert!" B) In appropriate locations to find Minnie - clothes, toy or stationery aisles - any brightly colored cartoony shapes in my peripheral vision are grabbing my attention and making me do a double take to see if it's her. Mostly it isn't, which underlines an active searching process has taken over from chance encounters.

It's fascinating to become aware of the cogs and gears working away behind your own clock face.
Having said all of that, I wrote all of the above comments to a friend about an hour ago. I then switched YouTube on the TV and browsing found a newly posted video "scary pictures that will haunt your dreams". I put it on, barely paying attention. I glanced up from some distraction and saw this. It's about a face in the shadows and makes no verbal reference at all to whats on the right of the screen. Where this one fits into my "scan, spot, alert" theory I've no idea!

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_182929096~2.jpg
    IMG_20210127_182929096~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
I've mentioned this before:

Edgar Cayce, the late 'Seer of Virginia Beach', warned against making promises about staying in contact after death.

Swearing that you'll NEVER leave someone can, he stated, shackle you to them in subsequent lives forever. 'Never make such a promise!'

Traditional marriage vows wisely include the provisos 'as long as we both shall live' and 'till death do us part'. The death of one party dissolves the union.

Anecdote time -

I'd read about Cayce as a young teenager and was later reminded of his warning about the promise by a coincidence of sad events.

A college friend had a very nice boyfriend, Graham.

One evening Graham and his family were out ice skating when his mother suddenly collapsed.

Graham held her in his arms as she died of a heart attack within minutes.

Her last words were to him were 'Graham, don't leave me!' to which he replied that he'd NEVER leave her. All very traumatic.

Graham was a mechanic. About 5 days later he was test-driving a vehicle for work.

The story went that he was trying the handbrake at a T-junction with a backward slope. As the vehicle stood at the junction an out-of-control car hit it and Graham was killed instantly.

His family had heard his promise and his girlfriend told me and others about it before his death so it wasn't a revised-memory sort of thing. It seemed he'd kept it.
Brrr. Still gives me the chills.

tl:dr - a young man promised never to leave his dying mother and is dead himself within a week.

Last edited:
This morning, this was my Facebook "on this day" reminder from 2014. Now that DOES look like a message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-091017~2.png
    Screenshot_20210128-091017~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
More seriously, I seem to be going back and forward on the subject of eerie Vs mundane reasons for noticing Mr and Mrs Mouse , but something just happened that was at least thought provoking.

I was just in Tesco, queuing to enter the semi closed off self service area. I was standing at an angle , ready to step forward to the entrance point, so I was aware in my peripheral vision of there being a lady standing behind me, next in line, over my right shoulder. But I was a little confused as I already had had the sense of someone standing closer, over my left shoulder and I still felt /thought they were standing there. So eventually I turned my head to my left/rear to confirm the belief. There was noone there. Instead I was looking at children's clothing bearing the face of Minnie Mouse.

Now, let's be clear, I didn't have the sense of a ghostly presence..I genuinely had the ( false) notion another shopper had been standing in that spot. And I had noticed ( and dismissed) the Minnie motif on baby clothes there the other week, so the information was stored in my brain of course.

Nonetheless that was not my reason, unconscious or otherwise, for turning and finding her. My motive was entirely the sensation and conviction there was a solid human being standing there and it compelled me to look and see Minnie mouse instead.

Which is certainly interesting.

I've mentioned this before:

Edgar Cayce, the late 'Seer of Virginia Beach', warned against making promises about staying in contact after death.

Swearing that you'll NEVER leave someone can, he stated, shackle you to them in subsequent lives forever. 'Never make such a promise!'

Traditional marriage vows wisely include the provisos 'as long as we both shall live' and 'till death do us part'. The death of one party dissolves the union.

Anecdote time -

I'd read about Cayce as a young teenager and was later reminded of his warning about the promise by a coincidence of sad events.

A college friend had a very nice boyfriend, Graham.

One evening Graham and his family were out ice skating when his mother suddenly collapsed.

Graham held her in his arms as she died of a heart attack within minutes.

Her last words were to him were 'Graham, don't leave me!' to which he replied that he'd NEVER leave her. All very traumatic.

Graham was a mechanic. About 5 days later he was test-driving a vehicle for work.

The story went that he was trying the handbrake at a T-junction with a backward slope. As the vehicle stood at the junction an out-of-control car hit it and Graham was killed instantly.

His family had heard his promise and his girlfriend told me and others about it before his death so it wasn't a revised-memory sort of thing. It seemed he'd kept it.
Brrr. Still gives me the chills.

tl:dr - a young man promised never to leave his dying mother and is dead himself within a week.
I guess that's behind the old superstition about opening the windows in a house where a dead family member lay awaiting burial, so the soul could fly out the window... A determined separation of dead and living. My mum died in 1971 and I remember someone opening the windows for this reason.

I guess that's behind the old superstition about opening the windows in a house where a dead family member lay awaiting burial, so the soul could fly out the window... A determined separation of dead and living. My mum died in 1971 and I remember someone opening the windows for this reason.
Is this a reply to my post?

OK, I didn't see how the window came into it.
Ah I was thinking about how in the past, people had superstitions that sort of drew a line in the sand between the living and the dead - and you were talking about how someone did the opposite. Rather than a"That's the way out" to the departing soul, a sort of (unconscious) "I'm coming with". If that makes sense. What I was getting at was - maybe the old superstitions had a reasoning behind them that we've forgotten.

He went home. I've just put on episode 5 of Surviving Death on Netflix ( highly recommended!) about after death communications. Near the end and I've just shot bolt upright...
In relation to Minnie Mouse, you do naturally have an iconic cartoon character which is likely to occassionally and incidentally appear when watching TV, online or out shopping.

Likewise, I sometimes notice same on children's clothing when in a supermarket and do actually note these occassions, because I bought a pair of Minnie Mouse pyjamas for my granddaughter when she was around 3-y-o!

So... I should perhaps be the ideal 'placebo' and could confirm the frequency of 'coming across Minnie Mouse' occurences.

Outwith the supermarkets, I am absolutely certain never having seen anything else related during the past 5 years or so.

Consequently, whether this indicates your experiences might not actually be 'typical' at all...?

found a newly posted video "scary pictures that will haunt your dreams". I put it on, barely paying attention.
Scary pictures? Barely paying attention? That's asking for trouble, young man! Don't come running to us if you have nightmares. :freak:

One of my brother's was here before. He asked me if I had repeated the experience of asking for a sign like the Minnie Mouse incident last week.

So I said we can try it here and now if you like . I spoke to my mum out loud in the room. I said in a loud jokey tone ok mother, here's your chance, if you're there make Minnie Mouse turn up in some unexpected way, preferably today. (Almost anything would have counted as unexpected since I knew I wasn't leaving the house and I own nothing Disney related in the house. ).

View attachment 33678
I was randomly and casually reading back my own posts on here about Minnie Mouse about two hours ago. It dawned on me that I no longer notice her popping up around me ( and that this undermines the assumption I'm now programmed simply to hone in on something that's far more widespread than I'd previously noticed).

It briefly passed through my mind to see if asking for the sign again would be successful.

I've just , equally randomly, clicked on a YouTube video about scary things caught on camera. The first item on screen is this ...
Screenshot_20211024-185808.png

Last edited:
Back