• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Contacting The Author [Philippe Godard]

oldrover

Justified & Ancient
I've hit a brick wall in my research. Normally I can find the people I need to speak to quite easily through contacts etc, but due to the passage of time, there seems to be only one person left who could potentially clear up one of the big outstanding unknowns in the photographic record of the thylacine. Trouble is this fella, Philippe Godard, seems to have entered into the subject, co-written a book, and then flitted out. He's still alive and by the looks of things still writing, but I have no idea how to get in touch with him except possibly through one of his publishers. Has anyone got any experience or tips?

Thanks for reading.

I've hit a brick wall in my research. Normally I can find the people I need to speak to quite easily through contacts etc, but due to the passage of time, there seems to be only one person left who could potentially clear up one of the big outstanding unknowns in the photographic record of the thylacine. Trouble is this fella, Philippe Godard, seems to have entered into the subject, co-written a book, and then flitted out. He's still alive and by the looks of things still writing, but I have no idea how to get in touch with him except possibly through one of his publishers. Has anyone got any experience or tips?

Thanks for reading.

Try his publishers: http://www.lamartinierejeunesse.fr/foreign-right click on General Inquiries.

Probably more diplomatic if you could get your request translated into French. Again, being diplomatic, ask (1) if they would pass your questions on to Godard; (2) if it wasn't a breach of privacy, could they give you contact details for him.

Thank you both for the info and advice, which I shall pursue most vigorously.

Back