• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Contrails & Chemtrails

As I have said, I a in my third year of an environmental Sciance degree, and I have this to say: environmental "disaster" claims are neither all true nor all false. Most have some truth. Some things that never get entioned on the news are very serious indeed, but too complex for sound bites.

the Ozone hole increases global warming. I could explain if I had my lecture notes here but I don't.. I'll try and back statement up shortly, but suffice to say the high altitude atospheric physics are very complicated.

Also, we are currently in an inter-glacial period. The Ice-age could return at any time. Is this a good reason to warm the planet up (and the MOST recent evidence says we are)? No. Doing that will create even more unstability in the climate cycle and we could end up with an even worse ice age, or with rising sea levels. End of the world no, but the decision is down to personal morals, and those who don't see the natural world as worth saving have no right to exert that over those who do. The wisest, safest, and most logical course of action is to tread carefully. Only selfish existentialist philistines would burn everything now and let their descendends sort it out.

Excuse me, I don't rant too often, really!

nwoisevil, making alliances and persuading people is
more useful than beating guys down.

By attacking the way things are on all fronts at once you are
stressing yourself out. I think you need to commit yourself
to something doable. The energy you are putting into worry
could move mountains. :)

nwoisevil said:
And to this Niles character, you might want to hold your breath 'til the truth comes out. We might enter an ice age precisely because of global warming. The earth will think it is warm and the gulf streams will shut down. Your words on the ozone also failed to measure up to truth, as it has been shown that chlorofluoro carbons released by shites like Dow and/or dupont have helped more than anything to lead to holes in the ozone. <snip>I wish I had more time to beat you guys down. I'm calling for all scientists with a soul to beat these guys down, their arguments that is.

I never said what caused the ozone holes, only that they were acting as huge heat vents... so taking cfc's to be the cause, why doesn't my argument continue to hold up?

As for an ice age, I personally think that the Earth is returning to its natural temperature after spend the last 50k odd years in a cold spell. Alas my uncle (who published a book on the subject) tells me otherwise. The enviromentalist's blessed arrogance is that they're convinced that little ol' humanity can effect the grand old girl to such a huge degree. Earth will still be producing life long after humanity is dust!

Why do you want to "beat down" those who express a view which differs from your own? We're supposed to be having a gentleperson's discussion here, yet you propse to assault all those who disagree with you. As for "scientist's with a soul", a signifigant proportion of my family (from my grandfather, through one of my uncles, to my father - as well as numerous cousins) have chossen to follow a scientific profession. My grandfather all but invented scientific journalism in the UK - he was also a founding member of many leftwing organisations in the 40's, 50's and 60's. We give a damn, but first we check the facts instead of accepting whatever is fed to us at face value. I did nothing but expressed a view; I didn't, other than when I said "those holes dump out huge amounts of heat":eek:, give an opinion or reported anything as fact... It's a sloppy fortean thing - sorry.

As for acid rain, you're right it has been proven to exist - but it's effects may have been slightly exagerated (oh and it can be caused by volcanic action, as well as industry).

Niles Ritchie Calder

well.... some there were tons of contrails over my school today.
this is the most i've ever seen. they started at about 900. there were 6 or 7 faning out by my school, and i saw a plane makeing another one... but it was way way high up.
then about an hour later after thef irst 6or7 faded away another 10 were there.
then later at lunch there were about 5 more.
pretty busy day over my school cause normaly you only see 1 or 2 at the most.
i dunno... nothing really special though

I didn´t say acid rain didn´t exist. But it´s effect were quite exaggerated, that´s the issue.

And yeah, why do you want to beat us down? I was simply expressing my opinion. It´s true I´m not in the majority, but the truth of the world isn´t found by voting.

And show me the evidence that global warming is being man-made. Because the graphs I´ve been looking at doesn´t show anything about it being related to the boom in the car industry as it is claimed. I also have to say the idea that we humans can have such a big impact on Earth seems quite arrogant.

I have heard the idea that it is because the cities has spread out to the places where we measure heat, but it seems to me there are many things in the world that indicate a global warming is happening. But I can still remember back in the 80´s when we were being warned we might be entering a new ice age.

The world sucks and you know it. You help prop it up by speaking your lies. You are conformist knowitalls and I have the right to say you suck if you do. That's called free speech you reactionary fools. You sure had a great navy though didn't you! You're just so civilized aren't you, you nationalistic, capitalist, elitist, racist fascists. Scientists, you must fight the destruction of this planet by capitalism. You sit there, like you did with Hitler, doing your nauseating liberal appeasement, all the time you were the chief culprits of global terror. Now the west gets attacked by terrorists and you act like all is hunky dory. Get a clue or shut up while the revolution and new age drives you into the trashheap of historical oppression and propaganda.

nwoisevil: It is the American centre of the capatalist society which you hate so much that has be annihilated today. I personally thought that you'd be more happy.

Anyway, the offical line is that Global Warming does exist; its the 21st century scapegoat. Those of us who question the official line, and the politically active enviromantal lobbies, have done our own research and find the western government's line to be questionable. If you look at what the Android-In-Chief says about Global Warming, he acknowlegdes the phenomena but doesn't agree with Kyoto...

Global Warming looks like a blatent power grab by the Greens. That's neither leftist or rightist; I'm non-political, so please excuse my annoyance at your knee-jerk reactionism. As for Hitler, I wasn't around at the time, but I know for a fact that I have no tolerance for such evil... give me a time machine and a Barret Lt.50 and I'll prove it to you. I'll even drop by Boston Airport, earlier today, and alert security as a freebie.

Now excuse me, there a far more important things on my mind right now than your incoherant rantings.

Niles Calder said:
nwoisevil: It is the American centre of the capatalist society which you hate so much that has be annihilated today. I personally thought that you'd be more happy.

Anyway, the offical line is that Global Warming does exist; its the 21st century scapegoat. Those of us who question the official line, and the politically active enviromantal lobbies, have done our own research and find the western government's line to be questionable. If you look at what the Android-In-Chief says about Global Warming, he acknowlegdes the phenomena but doesn't agree with Kyoto...

Global Warming looks like a blatent power grab by the Greens. That's neither leftist or rightist; I'm non-political, so please excuse my annoyance at your knee-jerk reactionism. As for Hitler, I wasn't around at the time, but I know for a fact that I have no tolerance for such evil... give me a time machine and a Barret Lt.50 and I'll prove it to you. I'll even drop by Boston Airport, earlier today, and alert security as a freebie.

Now excuse me, there a far more important things on my mind right now than your incoherant rantings.
As someone else said "POT AND KETTLE":hmph:

Niles, You have never even tried to understand me. Sure I had one good rant, and I apologize, but why don't you get the hell out of Ireland and set an example. Why don't you admit that you treated the Irish as bad as anyone has been treated. You called them savages. Now for you to think that I would be happy that the wtc was bombed, well, you are an idiot who has never been a scholar. Did you know that some of the biggest foes of Stalin were intellectuals who also saw capitalism for what it is. You suck, because no matter what anyone says you'll come up with some snob explanation.You don't have a clue what is going on. Oh wow, I am Niles Calder, blah blah blah. You are what is referred to as an asshole, as you conveniently ignored all my posts that stated I am anti-violence.

The Greens are to the left too numbnut. And thanks Pete, this Niles guy is a hypocrite to the yin yang.

You never heard of Neville Chamberlain i guess, you loony rightist. I know why i bug you. Once you realize how wrong you are on so many things, especially calling me violent you slanderer, you will realize how meaningless your ideas are. Mine are too, as obviously jerks like you are in full control of the establishment. Terrorists and Republicans make me sick. Niles, maybe you should move out to Utah or Florida, they'd love your fight for conformity.

Change Of Venue...

Most of what I want to say is Waaaaaaaaaay off topic. So (after two day's work) I posted it here . I'll see you there nwoisevil?

What I do have to say on topic is that in regards to conformity, it is conformist to acknowledge the existance of global warming. The nonconformist is the one who questions the existance of global warming.

Niles

nwoisevil said:
The Greens are to the left too numbnut. And thanks Pete, this Niles guy is a hypocrite to the yin yang.
I dont support either of you, in fact if you were two cats in my yard I'd throw a boot at the pair of you.

Weird vapour trails?

I looked up at the sky this evening (about 5pm) and noticed an odd vapour trail.

From almost one horizon to about the zenith was one very clear vapour trail typical of the standard trail left by a jet. However, right above my head I noticed that it split into two trails, forming a large Y, and each disapearing into the distance.

Surely the only explaination is that they were formed by 2 different planes - is it possible that they can follow flight paths so exactly that the trails exactly overlapped for half the sky?

Anyway, I thought it was weird, especially as they split just before the moon - as i f they were trying to avoid it! ;)

If its one plane that would explain why when you arrive in New York your luggage has arrived in Burma.

Just a thought, but are there any Air Force bases in the area, or training areas, bomb ranges, etc?

You've just been "Chemtrailed"!

See how many people locally come down with mysterious illnesses in the near future, especially respiratory disorders!
Dee-de,dee-de, dee-de,dee-da(twilight zone theme!!)

"You've just been "Chemtrailed"! "

Uh-oh!

I can't believe that even if....

*cough, cough, wheeez*

<collapses onto floor>

Weird Contrails Spoted

A few times yesterdayI noticed some weird contrails. I live in city in central Washington state U.S.A. I spotted the first contrail at about 10:00. It was heading from NE to SW. They sky was almost crystal clear so I could see it really good. The plane was really high up, and when the contrail came out it came out in a straight line, but then a little ways behind the plane it began to make pretty big spirals, I know the plane couldn’t have done a barrel roll because it was way too big. After the contrail made about 10 spirals it dissipated really quickly. I didn’t pay much attention to the sky until I went to baseball practice after school. It was about 445 when I looked out in the sky, and I noticed that the contrail of a plane flying over was a bit squiggly. I waited for it to come closer, but it was flying really really slow. Once it flew over head I examined the contrails, when the contrails first came out of the plane there were about 6 I think individual lines, then they quickly merged into one big one, then a little bit further behind that they merged into 2 separate contrails, then after that those 2 contrails like crossed over, and spiraled a little, and they were just squiggly, after that they dissipated quickly. I have never seen this type of contrail live before. Is this a normal type? Or is it something different?

i just found a link to a bunch of pictures of contrails that look exactly like what i saw go here http://www.artbell.com/contrails3.html
scroll past the first 4 pictures, and all the ones after that are exactly like what i saw, but, one of the ones i saw was relaly spiraly, but the one i saw later in the day looks exactly like those

There is a very interesting article in the archives on this site about Contrails. They are caused by steam and engine wash from the jet engines on the plane. The spiral would be a result of the effects of air currents on the trail- look at any wind-tunnel type study and you will see how a spiral typically forms a little after an object that disturbs air flow.

They still use Canberras for recce, y'know...I know it has nothing to do with anything, but someone mentioned aeroplanes...

Well, someone mentioned Canberras sparking ghost stories. Just thought I'd point out that they still use them. There are some in Afghanistan.

Back