• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

There's just too much information. Conflicting information. Everywhere. It helps to gather one's attention and step away, I've found.
I prefer yoga, or painting, that soon snaps me back into myself. Life is generally too fecking short.

That said, I was surprised by how I was treated during the first wave of vaccinations when I attempted to make enquiries about blood clots and Astra Zeneca in women my age. I chatted with my GP, the practice nurse and the Vax helpline, who were all in agreement that I was far more likely to die, at 46 years old, from Covid.
With no known underlying issues and a low body weight, I strongly doubted that, unless I was terribly unlucky.
No one was willing to speak to me on an equal footing or put my confusion to rest. I would go so far as to say I was ridiculed and made to feel ashamed of asking for reassurance. One practice secretary openly laughed and shouted to the rest of the staff "We've got a big baby here on the line who's scared of a little injection!" I was also told that there were absolutely no known reports of middle aged women developing clots (!!)

I wasn't at all scared, I simply wanted to make an informed choice.
Since no one would give me a respectful, measured response to this query, I waited a further 6 months to receive Pfizer. I am a strong supporter of vaccination generally, but that was quite frustrating to say the least. There was definitely a sense of being 'strong armed' into compliance, which I haven't experienced with the NHS before.

On the other hand, one thing is for certain: I would never solicit health advice via youtube.
I have skin in the game, having had long covid since March 2020. But my take on it, FWIW, is this. Forget mortality. If vaccination reduced the risk of long covid, it's worth it - from a purely economical POV, for society. So many people have got LC and been unable to return to work. Or had to reduce their hours.

There's just too much information. Conflicting information. Everywhere. It helps to gather one's attention and step away, I've found.
I prefer yoga, or painting, that soon snaps me back into myself. Life is generally too fecking short.

That said, I was surprised by how I was treated during the first wave of vaccinations when I attempted to make enquiries about blood clots and Astra Zeneca in women my age. I chatted with my GP, the practice nurse and the Vax helpline, who were all in agreement that I was far more likely to die, at 46 years old, from Covid.
With no known underlying issues and a low body weight, I strongly doubted that, unless I was terribly unlucky.
No one was willing to speak to me on an equal footing or put my confusion to rest. I would go so far as to say I was ridiculed and made to feel ashamed of asking for reassurance. One practice secretary openly laughed and shouted to the rest of the staff "We've got a big baby here on the line who's scared of a little injection!" I was also told that there were absolutely no known reports of middle aged women developing clots (!!)

Since no one would give me a respectful, measured response to this query, I waited a further 6 months to receive Pfizer. I am a strong supporter of vaccination generally, but that was quite frustrating to say the least. There was definitely a sense of being 'strong armed' into compliance, which I haven't experienced with the NHS before.

On the other hand, one thing is for certain: I would never solicit health advice via youtube.
Actually I've always been scared of 'little injections'. Precisely because they do all, and have always had, side effects. A boy in my class when I was 12 developed an extremely severe reaction to whatever it was we were being injected with back then.

Vaccinations should only be undertaken when understanding the balance of risk. It was already known way before the Covid vaccines were rolled out that for the vast majority of the population Covid was no worse than a nasty cold - not unreasonable, since Coronavirus is one of the viruses that go to make up 'the common cold'. It was also known, incidentally , that an effective anti-coronavirus vaccination was impossible because it mutates too rapidly. Even more so if you actually test the vaccines properly.

Now, unless the entire medical profession has gone deolaly, they, or at least many of them, must have known this.

So, WTF is going on? It's very hard not to suspect some sort of conspiracy or at least hidden agenda.

I have skin in the game, having had long covid since March 2020. But my take on it, FWIW, is this. Forget mortality. If vaccination reduced the risk of long covid, it's worth it - from a purely economical POV, for society. So many people have got LC and been unable to return to work. Or had to reduce their hours.
Long Covid was previously known as post viral syndrome. Can occur after any viral infection, though more common with the various respiratory viruses.

I had PVS myself, after a bout of flu some years back. Took a year to get over it, in fact I might still be somewhat affected by it now - easily tired, lack of concentration, although the other symptoms have gone.

Since the vaccines don't stop you caching Covid, they can't stop you developing Long Covid either. Nor do the vaccines protect other people, since they don't prevent the spread. This is from Pfizer's own docs. What they do supposedly do is reduce the severity of the illness making it less likely it will actually kill you.

So the justification for having one of the vaccinations has to be based on 'am I likely enough to die of Covid that I will risk the (known and unknown) side effects'? Being in a vulnerable group and based on talking to a virologist and a couple of other medical experts I knew, I risked the initial AZ shots.

However, I've had no boosters and as more and more details of the side effects have come out I decided my risk in taking the first two shots was a bad decision.

Actually I've always been scared of 'little injections'. Precisely because they do all, and have always had, side effects. A boy in my class when I was 12 developed an extremely severe reaction to whatever it was we were being injected with back then.

Vaccinations should only be undertaken when understanding the balance of risk. It was already known way before the Covid vaccines were rolled out that for the vast majority of the population Covid was no worse than a nasty cold - not unreasonable, since Coronavirus is one of the viruses that go to make up 'the common cold'. It was also known, incidentally , that an effective anti-coronavirus vaccination was impossible because it mutates too rapidly. Even more so if you actually test the vaccines properly.

Now, unless the entire medical profession has gone deolaly, they, or at least many of them, must have known this.

So, WTF is going on? It's very hard not to suspect some sort of conspiracy or at least hidden agenda.
I personally don't think there was a conspiracy, just a need to engineer a rapid response to an unprecedented public crisis, whatever the cost. The embarrassing 'world beating' obsession (oh dear) mortified me. So much hubris, so much greed. Trying to find reasoned discussion online was impossible, so I didn't bother.

Vast majority of injections I've had in my life have had zero perceptible side effects, I'll be honest.

Long Covid was previously known as post viral syndrome. Can occur after any viral infection, though more common with the various respiratory viruses.

I had PVS myself, after a bout of flu some years back. Took a year to get over it, in fact I might still be somewhat affected by it now - easily tired, lack of concentration, although the other symptoms have gone.

Since the vaccines don't stop you caching Covid, they can't stop you developing Long Covid either. Nor do the vaccines protect other people, since they don't prevent the spread. This is from Pfizer's own docs. What they do supposedly do is reduce the severity of the illness making it less likely it will actually kill you.

So the justification for having one of the vaccinations has to be based on 'am I likely enough to die of Covid that I will risk the (known and unknown) side effects'? Being in a vulnerable group and based on talking to a virologist and a couple of other medical experts I knew, I risked the initial AZ shots.

However, I've had no boosters and as more and more details of the side effects have come out I decided my risk in taking the first two shots was a bad decision.
It's not PVS though, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or anything else. Take that from someone who has it. (And knows people with those other conditions). The fact it's been dismissed as merely CFS, for example, is infuriating to people with LC.

I'm glad I had my jabs, regardless. The staff at the vaccination stations at least were excellent and helpful. I hope that you are recovered now?

Edit: Apologies, just seen your last comment. I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm glad I had my jabs, regardless. The staff at the vaccination stations at least were excellent and helpful. I hope that you are recovered now?
LOL. Nope. Will be three years next March. And the Long Covid nurse on the phone told me she has people in wheelchairs, with it, so there's people far worse off than I am. There's another phenomenon as well - people who appear to recover from covid infection, but then get a single recurring problem. One of my sons has had every major variant of covid and now is left with this recurring throat problem, as are a couple of his friends. That they only had since having covid.

This whole thing, it's been hard if not impossible to get reliable information and so many fruit loops out there sharing deliberate misinformation.

Since no one would give me a respectful, measured response to this query, I waited a further 6 months to receive Pfizer. I am a strong supporter of vaccination, and have no time for internet-fuelled conspiracies and paranoia, but that was quite frustrating to say the least. There was definitely a sense of being 'strong armed' into compliance, which I haven't experienced with the NHS before.

Key words: informed choice/decision

The only way to get any information was through the internet and youtube is the most vetted for internet sites to upload and download for sharing. You certainly could not and still cannot count on news outlets.

Thank you. Someone up thread said vaccinations prevented long covid. That is not true.

Vast majority of injections I've had in my life have had zero perceptible side effects, I'll be honest.
Of course that is true. For the vast majority of injections and the vast majority of people. Otherwise they would not be used. But ALL vaccines have some risk of side effects, and people should be properly informed about them.

The situation with the Covid vaccines is rather more dangerous, though. Neither the original vaccines nor the boosters have undergone a proper series of test cycles, and moreover most of the vaccines use a novel technology which has not passed testing in previous incarnations when developing non-Covid vaccines. And if boosters are, allegedly going to be required at 6 monthly or even 4-monthly intervals, then of course each additional injection increases the cumulative risk.

Because I'm old enough to have grown up with Thalidomide and it's effects - none, fortunately in my extended family - I am still aware of how long it took to realise the disaster that it was. Given that the Covid vaccines have been given to most of the world's population, can you imagine the scale of the disaster if something similar develops regarding them? And RNA-DNA is intimately connected with reproduction. Has anyone actually tested the effects of a mother conceiving while a modified RNA gene is floating about in her system?

Last edited:
It's not PVS though, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or anything else. Take that from someone who has it. (And knows people with those other conditions). The fact it's been dismissed as merely CFS, for example, is infuriating to people with LC.
We'll have to differ over that.

It's difficult to make such a statement because no-one, anywhere, is sure of the mechanisms that cause CFS, PVS, or Long Covid.

The seriousness of PVS can vary depending on the virus that preceded it - West Nile virus is apparently the worst (prior to Covid) and can leave people seriously affected for 5 years or more. And PVS symptoms, unlike CFS, can actually cripple people through both chronic joint pain and stiff joints.

At least I'm not among that group of people that think all three are all in the mind.

Last edited:
I personally don't think there was a conspiracy, just a need to engineer a rapid response to an unprecedented public crisis, whatever the cost. The embarrassing 'world beating' obsession (oh dear) mortified me. So much hubris, so much greed. Trying to find reasoned discussion online was impossible, so I didn't bother.
The amount of information online was and still is staggering and from very highly qualified people, scientists, etc who have no vested interests. By and large they have all been saying the same thing since day one namely stop the vaccinations. There is also an equally immense amount of information on line about the horrific side effects.

What governments worldwide did was to silence the opposition by not allowing a single dissenting voice and the MSN and social media platforms removed anything that did not agree with the narrative.

For more information look on Rumble, Odysee, BitChute etc.

I think I spoke of it earlier, that my suspicions were raised when the 'vax' was rushed to market over an exceedingly short amount of time (just a few months instead of the usual several years), with the usual rounds of testing larger and larger groups and making changes due to any side-effects that did occur being completely circumvented, and any dissent or questions of any sort were either ignored, 'shouted down', or just plain removed from view (banned/censored call it what you will).
Even more suspicious was the following push for everyone to have the jab, HAVE IT NOW......HAVE IT....HAVE IT !!!!!!!!!
Get jabbed NOW or we'll stop you from going out, or going in restaurants, gyms, cinemas etc, or going on holiday.....HAAAAVE IIIIITTTTTT !!!
ETC.
And then the repeated assurances about it's safety and efficacy, being hammered home, all the time, on posters in the street and on the sides of buses, on TV, in the papers, online......
It all seemed a bit too much.
IMO if something is really good and safe, then you don't need to be told that it is good and safe repeatedly.

You know those jet airliners that they make, that take years to develop, using tried and trusted methods, and they very exceedingly rarely crash hideously in a ball of flames?
Well, I've made an airliner using different methods, that flies just as well by using a different principle, and it only took me 6 months to design and build, and it has only had a few tests, but I can assure you it is totally safe and will not crash and burn.
And you must fly on it. And if it does crash and burn I have exempted myself from all liability for the people that might get injured in the crash.

Would you get on that plane????

1616 Athlete Cardiac Arrests, Serious Issues, 1114 of Them Dead, Since COVID Injection​

It is definitely not normal for so many mainly young athletes to suffer from cardiac arrests or to die while playing their sport, but this year it is happening. Many of these heart issues and deaths come shortly after they got a COVID vaccine. While it is possible this can happen to people who did not get a COVID vaccine, the sheer numbers clearly point to the only obvious cause.

Important Notes: The number of dead are included in the total number. There are also dozens of reports that are not included in the total number shown in the headline because they are not or may not be vaccine-related.

The so-called health professionals running the COVID vaccine programs around the world keep repeating that “the COVID vaccine is a normal vaccine and it is safe and effective.”

In response to their pronouncement, here is a non-exhaustive and continuously growing list of mainly young athletes who had major medical issues in 2021/2022 after receiving one or more COVID vaccines. Initially, many of these were not reported. We know that many people were told not to tell anyone about their adverse reactions and the media was not reporting them. They started happening and ramping up after the first COVID vaccinations. The mainstream media still are not reporting most, but sports news cannot ignore the fact that soccer players and other stars collapse in the middle of a game due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Many of those die – more than 50%.

We also note that many posts in Facebook, Instagram, twitter, forums and news stories are being removed. So now we are receiving some messages saying there is no proof of the event or of vaccination status. That is partly because this information is being hidden.

More people are writing to tell us that in many cases, we didn’t mention a person’s vaccination status. There is a good reason for that. None of the clubs want to reveal this information. None of their sponsors want to reveal it. The players have been told not to reveal it. Most of their relatives will not mention it. None of the media are asking this question. So what should we do? Stop this now? No, we will collect as much information as we can, while it is still available, because eventually, more information will come out, and we will be here to put it together. Will it mean anything? We don’t know. What we do know is that there is a concerted world-wide effort to make this information go away, so that fact alone tells us it must be collected, investigated and saved so other researchers can look at it to see if there are any useful patterns.

We replaced about a dozen occurrences of the word “shot” with “injection” because translation into other languages is improved, on advice from a reader.

(List and more on the link)

Some responses to covid conspiracy theories about Hamlin's collapse.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Unfounded claims about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines proliferated in the hours and days after Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin collapsed during Monday's game, revealing how pervasive vaccine misinformation remains three years after the pandemic began.

Even before Hamlin was carried off the field in Cincinnati, posts amassing thousands of shares and millions of views began circulating online claiming without evidence that complications from COVID-19 vaccines caused his health emergency.

While cardiac specialists say it’s too soon to know what caused Hamlin’s heart to stop, they’ve offered a rare type of trauma called commotio cordis as among the possible culprits. Physicians interviewed by The Associated Press say there’s no indication Hamlin’s vaccine status played a role, and said there’s no evidence to support claims that a number of young athletes have died as a result of COVID vaccinations.

Peter McCullough, a Dallas cardiologist and outspoken vaccine critic, amplified the theories on a Fox News segment hosted by Tucker Carlson on Tuesday, speculating that “vaccine-induced myocarditis,” may have caused Hamlin's episode. While the Bills have not said whether Hamlin was vaccinated, about 95% of NFL players have received a COVID-19 vaccine, according to the league.

In his Tuesday segment, Carlson claimed McCullough and another researcher found that “more than 1,500 cardiac arrests” have occurred among European athletes “since the vax campaign began.”
But Carlson was citing a letter in which the authors’ evidence was a dubious blog that lists news reports of people all over the world, of all ages, dying or experiencing medical emergencies. The blog proves no relationship between the incidents and COVID-19 vaccines; it also includes in its count reported deaths from cancer and emergencies of unknown causes.

It’s not real research, but he quotes it as if it’s real research,” said Dr. Matthew Martinez, director of sports cardiology at Atlantic Health System in Morristown Medical Center. “Anybody can write a letter to the editor and then quote an article that has no academic rigor.”
Many social media users have also shared deceptive videos that purport to show athletes collapsing on-field because of COVID-19 vaccines. However, several of the cases shown have been proven to be from other causes.

Though anti-vaccine influencers have insisted that sudden cardiac arrests during sports games are unprecedented, cardiologists say they’ve observed these traumatic events throughout their careers, and long before the COVID-19 pandemic.

There have always been cases of athletes having sudden cardiac death or cardiac arrest,” said Dr. Lawrence Phillips, sports health expert and cardiologist at NYU Langone Health. “I have not seen a change in the prevalence of them over the last couple of years versus earlier in my career.”
In fact, Phillips said, these rare medical emergencies are the main reason that doctors and activists have spent years campaigning for defibrillators to be on standby at sporting events. ...

https://komonews.com/news/nation-wo...-arrest-cincinnati-bengals-fox-tucker-carlson

Anti-Vaccine Conspiracies Run Wild Following Damar Hamlin's Cardiac Arrest During Last Night's NFL Game

https://knowyourmeme.com/news/anti-...n-wild-following-damar-hamlins-cardiac-arrest

Anti-vaxxers exploit Damar Hamlin collapse to spread evidence-free claims​

Even as medical professionals were reviving Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin after he suffered cardiac arrest following a hit in the chest in a game on Jan. 2, anti-vaxxers began spreading evidence-free claims that the incident was related to COVID-19 vaccines. Let’s look at the facts.
https://www.rumorguard.org/post/ant...amlin-collapse-to-spread-evidence-free-claims

I'm probably at the top end of the scale when it comes to scepticism/suspicion regards the c19 jabs, but this Hamlin chap, poor bloke, is just unlucky to have taken an impact of sufficient force in just the right (or wrong) place to render him incapacitated, regardless of his jabs status.

I'm probably at the top end of the scale when it comes to scepticism/suspicion regards the c19 jabs, but this Hamlin chap, poor bloke, is just unlucky to have taken an impact of sufficient force in just the right (or wrong) place to render him incapacitated, regardless of his jabs status.

Fortunately he seems to be recovering to some extent.

The initial reporting - the main stream reporting - was very confused as well, which always kicks off the more foamy mouthed conspiracy theorists.

Those who hate conspiracy theorists, like any other haters - can't grasp that every movement attracts over-enthusiastic frothers and wild-eyed monomaniacs. That doesn't mean all conspiracy theories are bunk.

Factors in infection risk​

The risk of COVID-19 also varied by the number of COVID-19 vaccine doses previously received. The higher the number of vaccines previously received, the higher the risk of covid infection.

Download free high-res PDFs of the posters, download free copies of my two text books. Any donations using this link help the work of campbell teaching. https://drjohncampbell.co.uk/

Order a hard copy Physiology book in the UK, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1549733923...

Vaccine doses versus risk of covid during the 3-month study period

One dose, 1.7 times more likely to test positive for covid

Two doses, 2.63 times more likely to test positive for covid

Three doses, 3.1 times more likely to test positive for covid

More than three doses, 3.8 times more likely to test positive for covid

So compared to the unvaccinated

1, x 1.7

2, x 2.36

3, x 3.1

4, x 3.38

P = 0.001 means 999 out of 1,000 likely to be a genuine result

That 99.9% likely to be a genuine result

Effectiveness of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Bivalent Vaccine

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.11

In 2020

(published in 2021) Evidence that vaccines prevented covid infection

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.11

This was when the human population had just encountered the novel Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus

Things Have Changed (Dylan)

Bivalent antigens

Original vaccine and BA.4/BA.5 lineages of Omicron.

(Approved without demonstration of effectiveness in human clinical studies)

(Approved without demonstration of safety in human clinical studies)

Background To evaluate whether a bivalent COVID-19 vaccine protects against COVID-19.

Methods

Employees of Cleveland Clinic, n = 51,011

Cumulative incidence of COVID-19 was examined over the following weeks.

Protection provided by recent and prior vaccination was evaluated

First bivalents given, 12 September 2022

Three-month study

Results

Among 51,011 employees, 20,689 (41%) had had a previous documented episode of COVID-19,

42,064 (83%) had received at least two doses of a vaccine.

10,804 (21%) were bivalent vaccine boosted

COVID-19 occurred in 2,452 (5%) during the study.

(Pfizer 89%, Moderna 11%)

Risk of COVID-19 increased with time since the most recent prior COVID-19 episode

Risk of COVID-19 increased with the number of vaccine doses previously received.

Note, this is based on large numbers

Doses, 0 = 6,419 (12.6%)

Doses, 1 = 2,528 (5%)

Doses, 2 = 14,810 (45.9%)

Doses, 3 = 23,396 (45.9%)

Doses 4, 3,757 (7.4%)

Doses 5, 85 (less than1%)

Doses 6, 16 (less than 1%)

The bivalent vaccinated state Was independently associated with lower risk of COVID-19 (HR, 0.70)

(over the 3 months of the study)

Leading to an estimated vaccine effectiveness (VE) of 30%

CDCs latest variant data https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-trac

Things Have Changed (Dylan)
The video was taken down from youtube but is now available on rumble:

https://rumble.com/v23x33u-more-vaccines-causes-more-infections.html

In case it isn't clear, the merchandise items Dr Campbell is offering are all for free.

The video was taken down from youtube but is now available on rumble:

https://rumble.com/v23x33u-more-vaccines-causes-more-infections.html

In case it isn't clear, the merchandise items Dr Campbell is offering are all for free.
These numbers (copied from same source) don't make sense according to the statement "The risk of COVID-19 also varied by the number of COVID-19 vaccine doses previously received. The higher the number of vaccines previously received, the higher the risk of covid infection."

Doses, 0 = 6,419 (12.6%)

Doses, 1 = 2,528 (5%)

Doses 4, 3,757 (7.4%)

If you look at the numbers for dose 5 and 6, the numbers have decreased by quite a large margin.

The three month time span also doesn't identify what the rate of covid infections in the location (country/state?) where the study was carried out. Maybe the rates were at a high point. We already know that the vaccine does not prevent someone from contracting covid.

Also, anecdotal info. I've had 3 shots. I had covid once, and not within three months of having a covid shot. So I have not increased my risk.

Last edited:
Athletes have from time to time suffered heart attacks etc while playing what ever their sport is. That's not in dispute. What is significant is the vast increase in the numbers that is happening to since the vaccinations began.

With league footballers in the UK I believe the increase is around the five fold mark.

These numbers (copied from same source) don't make sense according to the statement "The risk of COVID-19 also varied by the number of COVID-19 vaccine doses previously received. The higher the number of vaccines previously received, the higher the risk of covid infection."

Doses, 0 = 6,419 (12.6%)

Doses, 1 = 2,528 (5%)

Doses 4, 3,757 (7.4%)

If you look at the numbers for dose 5 and 6, the numbers have decreased by quite a large margin.

The three month time span also doesn't identify what the rate of covid infections in the location (country/state?) where the study was carried out. Maybe the rates were at a high point. We already know that the vaccine does not prevent someone from contracting covid.

Also, anecdotal info. I've had 3 shots. I had covid once, and not within three months of having a covid shot. So I have not increased my risk.
And that is why you should watch the entire video. It's not that long. It tells you the 5 "W's" everything is explained in the video.

And that is why you should watch the entire video. It's not that long. It tells you the 5 "W's" everything is explained in the video.
Sorry, I'm a bit short tempered today. Please forgive me, but please also take the time to watch the video.

Athletes have from time to time suffered heart attacks etc while playing what ever their sport is. That's not in dispute. What is significant is the vast increase in the numbers that is happening to since the vaccinations began.

With league footballers in the UK I believe the increase is around the five fold mark.
A very quick search came up with an article in The Guardian concerning an increase in footballers dying from heart problems.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds

It was written in 2018, so this is a pre-COVID issue and very unlikely to be linked to vaccines in all but extremely rare cases.

It should also be noted that a study in 2016 indicated there are 100 to 150 sudden cardiac deaths each year during competitive sports in the US alone. It is much more common than you think. In the UK 12 people under the age of 35 die from heart attacks every week. In some of those no definite cause can be found.

Marc Viven Foe died in 2003 from an on-field heart attack. Fabriace Muamba collapsed on the pitch in 2012. Although there were some well documented cases in 2021 this may be a statistical blip. Time will tell.

A very quick search came up with an article in The Guardian concerning an increase in footballers dying from heart problems.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds

It was written in 2018, so this is a pre-COVID issue and very unlikely to be linked to vaccines in all but extremely rare cases.

It should also be noted that a study in 2016 indicated there are 100 to 150 sudden cardiac deaths each year during competitive sports in the US alone. It is much more common than you think. In the UK 12 people under the age of 35 die from heart attacks every week. In some of those no definite cause can be found.

Marc Viven Foe died in 2003 from an on-field heart attack. Fabriace Muamba collapsed on the pitch in 2012. Although there were some well documented cases in 2021 this may be a statistical blip. Time will tell.
What is not mentioned in every MSM article I was able to find on the subject was a comparison between pre vaccination and post vaccination. When the figures look favourable for the covid vaccine MSM articles are loaded with statistics, albeit cherry picked statistics, but when it's not favourable it gets ignored.

In that article written in the Guardian it sort of implies in a clever way that the level of heart attacks in athletes post vaccination is quite normal. It's also virtually the same article I've read elsewhere including the BBC.

In that article written in the Guardian it sort of implies in a clever way that the level of heart attacks in athletes post vaccination is quite normal. It's also virtually the same article I've read elsewhere including the BBC.
I don't see how you can claim that the Guardian implies that when it was written in 2018, before COVID and the vaccines.

A very quick search
I have seen a number of reports from different sources, preferring to a bit more than a quick search.
The one in the Guardian (which draws a similar picture to a report I saw on the BBC news website) is written in a style which attempts to 'normalise' the 'sports star collapses on pitch' storyline.
The reality of the matter, though, is that they only provide a handful of examples from years past to support their claims, but that the actual reports of 'sports star collapses on pitch' are extremely rare before 2021, with only something like 1100 examples being catalogued in the preceding 50 year period (IIRC), whereas there have been something like 1500 examples occurring in just the last 2 years.

I did read a detailed report about Hamlin just earlier today, and the fact that the NFL have aggressively pushed for all their players (and other staff) to be 'fully vaccinated' and have harangued those that wished to opt out of having a jab, so much so that they even employed people specially to 'encourage' all those who were reluctant by denouncing them publicly as 'anti-vaxxers' etc. and putting pressure on them with threats to their career.
It also pointed out that the medical event which is claimed to have resulted in his collapse, caused by a sudden heavy impact to his chest, is so rare and unlikely that it doesn't happen in hundreds of games annually, with thousands of similar impacts between players, that there must be some other mechanism at work!

But I'm not buying it. I actually do think that he was just unlucky in this case.

Back