Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
What you say is mostly true... however... why did people want to try using Ivermectin at all? That is where the problem arises. Check this out:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...f1ynZsituEJAWhO-NZTW9UJFxzNusWTQxDEqn1yHNQXHw

Yeah... it has proven effects as an anti-viral agent. The only question is if it works on Covid-19.
In vitro testing is done in test tubes and petrie dishes and does not take into account the entire organism that might be affected by the item being tested. There are probably dozens of things out there that will kill the covid virus that will also destroy tissue and send living beings to hospitals.

marhawkman

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
In vitro testing is done in test tubes and petrie dishes and does not take into account the entire organism that might be affected by the item being tested. There are probably dozens of things out there that will kill the covid virus that will also destroy tissue and send living beings to hospitals.
and? The real question here is if a safe dose of Ivermectin has an effect. Empty speculation that maybe it doesn't work is... well... empty and meaningless.

literally anything can kill you if you take too much of it... many people die of Dihydrogen Monoxide exposure every year. But it's safe when used in proper doses.

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
and? The real question here is if a safe dose of Ivermectin has an effect. Empty speculation that maybe it doesn't work is... well... empty and meaningless.

literally anything can kill you if you take too much of it... many people die of Dihydrogen Monoxide exposure every year. But it's safe when used in proper doses.
Telling people who are showing up in an emergency room that there is speculation that something doesn't work is also meaningless. Rather than just belt something down, it would be generally intelligent and prudent to act based on some evidence (not your cousin on fb) first that it won't hurt you and second that it may do some good. The only way to find out if a safe dose of anything if effective on anything is for trained people to run a double blind test. Or they can all just go ahead and drink that bleach (which is really effective at killing covid viruses in vitro.).

marhawkman

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Telling people who are showing up in an emergency room that there is speculation that something doesn't work is also meaningless. Rather than just belt something down, it would be generally intelligent and prudent to act based on some evidence (not your cousin on fb) first that it won't hurt you and second that it may do some good. The only way to find out if a safe dose of anything if effective on anything is for trained people to run a double blind test. Or they can all just go ahead and drink that bleach (which is really effective at killing covid viruses in vitro.).
Yeah... well... the safe dosage is a known quantity... that article I linked a few posts up actually has an example of a safe dose.
Ivermectin is used in a dose of 0.15 mg/kg–0.2 mg/kg body weight
Also... that's not from "my cousin on facebook"....
US National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health

michael59

Justified & Incandecent
Reaction score
This is what I mean about people being villainized for having a difference of opinion. This video is just short of 20 minutes long, but I think it is worth the watch and explains pretty much how I feel about being put into the same category as a murder.

GOD on COVID: Eric Clapton's "Disastrous" Vaccine Experience

flannel

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
An Ivermectin study:

Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19
Six of seven meta-analyses of IVM treatment RCTs reporting in 2021 found notable reductions in COVID-19 fatalities, with a mean 31% relative risk of mortality vs. controls. During mass IVM treatments in Peru, excess deaths fell by a mean of 74% over 30 days in its ten states with the most extensive treatments.... The indicated biological mechanism of IVM, competitive binding with SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, is likely non-epitope specific, possibly yielding full efficacy against emerging viral mutant strains

JahaRa

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Taking medication without actually having an idea of drug interactions, contraindications, medical history, etc, is stupid, to say the least.

There's actually a process involved before a drug is prescribed. Even doctors check, double-check, get work-ups, test, before commencing a pharmacological treatment.

There's enough stupidity out there without people self-prescribing.

"The tweet included a link that described the dangers of ivermectin. Side effects humans may experience while taking the cattle medicine, according to the FDA, include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure, dizziness, seizures, coma and even death".
I wish all doctors did that. I had a doctor write out a prescription for a staten drug before even telling me hello on my first visit to see him. He didn't even ask why I was there. I was there for an annual physical. And how could he know I had high cholesterol without even looking at the form I filled out or asking me any questions or doing any blood work. You probably don't live in the U.S. if your doctors are so thorough.

marhawkman

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Ivermectin trouble in COVID paradise...
------------------------
U.S.

Patients Overdosing on Ivermectin Are Clogging Oklahoma ERs: Doctor​

BY JON JACKSON ON 9/2/21 AT 4:43 PM EDT

A doctor in rural Oklahoma has claimed that people taking the horse de-wormer medication ivermectin to treat COVID-19 are filling up the area's emergency rooms.

"There's a reason you have to have a doctor to get a prescription for this stuff because it can be dangerous," Dr. Jason McElyea, a frontline family physician who works in emergency rooms in eastern and southern Oklahoma, told local news station KFOR-TV.

The rise in human ivermectin use has led multiple health agencies, including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), to issue stern warnings against using the drug for anything other than its intended purposes.

McElyea said he's seen many patients in the ER recently due to adverse reactions to ivermectin. He also claimed ambulances are being overwhelmed from responding to people sick from the medication.

"The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated."

https://www.newsweek.com/patients-overdosing-ivermectin-are-clogging-oklahoma-ers-doctor-1625631
Well this just got stupid.....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...verloading-hospitals/ar-AAO9Xxx?ocid=msedgntp
Turns out that story was a hoax. And people ate it like candy because it matched their expectations I guess?

Victory

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
If ever there was a hint we are living in a strange world, it is Professor Chris Whitty commenting on a Nicki Minaj tweet!

Screen_Shot_2021_09_13_at_6.09.49_PM.jpg

From The Guardian newspaper

whi.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/society...th-spreaders-ashamed-chris-whitty-nicki-minaj