• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

It always makes me laugh that 'anti vaxxers are promoting this drug whilst rallying against the covid vaccine when the 2 drugs are likely to be made by the same companies or the 'big pharma's anti-vaxxers are so down on

It is odd that anti-vaxxers on the one hand deny the impact and severity of the disease at the same time as going to massive lengths to find a drug they think will protect them, going to great personal risk to do so.

It is indeed Shroedinger's Virus - it simultaneously is no threat at all while also being worth taking a animal level dose of an unrecommended drug.

If there's actually any Fortean's on this thread, here's a fairly level headed alternative view from a Swedish doctor:
https://sebastianrushworth.com/2021/09/23/a-reflection-on-covid-mania/

He doesn't really have an understanding of the difference between drug resistance, (antibiotics particularly), vaccine resistance and the overall picture this brings to how we fight COVID.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5378080/

https://theconversation.com/why-resistance-is-common-in-antibiotics-but-rare-in-vaccines-152647

https://www.breakthroughs.com/advan...w-do-viruses-mutate-and-what-it-means-vaccine

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210730/threat-of-vaccine-proof-covid-variant

He appears to be a junior doctor...hmmm.

Yes, this site has major issues.
but the utter sadness of this guys' brother rejecting treatment and removing him and taking him home is horrific. The slow spiral over blame when he is at home and on Oxygen flow 15 or 20 litres is tragic.

The brother spent so much time filming all this stuff. He removed his brother so he could get ivermectin and mega-doses of vit c and d. Once he's home he spends his time arguing about the O2 flow as if 5l's is going to make any difference at this point.

Unreal.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/pos...rom-covid-this-story-is-about-patrick-hampton

Apart from the detail that he's completely misunderstood the difference in mechanisms by which bacterial resistance to antibiotics arise, and how vaccine resistant strains of viruses develop, long on rhetoric short on science.
He's not entirely wrong. The concept of artificial selection still applies. The difference being that "over" vaccination doesn't make mutants more common. It does still filter out the weak viral strains though. But that kinda ruins his point. He's making an argument that people over-used vaccines, and it's... off the mark. It'd have been a better point if he'd argued that treating the vaccine as a miracle cure was wrong, since people can and have gotten sick after the vaccine, AND spread it to other when they did.

He makes several good points elsewhere, he's absolutely right about how the vaccines CAN KILL YOU. I found out yesterday that an acquaintance of mine died that way. :/

And yeah, that section about how the current "mis-information" suppression has kicked into overdrive reeks of corporate coverups. The more we learn about the WIV... the worse they look. and they weren't acting alone. but the official stance is that it's definitely not their fault.. definitely. Right..... It's political crap, not science. At one point the US CDC denounced information that they themselves had released as "mis-information". WTF.... It wasn't even a retraction of their previous statement.

People keep getting political BS entangled in doing what's right and it's making it hard to actually get things done.

Apart from the detail that he's completely misunderstood the difference in mechanisms by which bacterial resistance to antibiotics arise, and how vaccine resistant strains of viruses develop, long on rhetoric short on science.
He clarifies somewhat in the comments - search for "M.D".

One of the latest conspiracy theories are they're putting in small bluetooth chips in the vaccine. I'll go looking for sources.

Edit:
--------------
Politifact:

TikTok posts
stated on May 15, 2021 in a TikTok post:
The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine contains a Bluetooth microchip.

No, video doesn’t prove AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine contains Bluetooth chip​

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT​

• The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine does not include ingredients that would cause a recipient’s body to connect to Bluetooth-enabled smartphones and other devices.
See the sources for this fact-check

A debunked claim from the early days of the pandemic — that the COVID-19 vaccines contain microchips — is spreading anew online, courtesy of a TikTok video circulating across platforms.

"AstraZeneca Bluetooth side effect," says the text on the two-part TikTok video, which shows a man who claims that his body has been connecting to Bluetooth-enabled devices ever since he got the AstraZeneca shot. One hashtag on the video: "#chipped."

The ingredients for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine are publicly available online, including on government websites where the vaccine is approved for use, such as Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom. (The vaccine has not been authorized for emergency use in the U.S.)

It does not contain anything related to Bluetooth technology or microchips. PolitiFact has fact-checked several claims alleging that the vaccines contain microchips, all inaccurate.

Yet, the viral TikTok video has been reposted to Instagram, YouTube and other platforms.

The posts were flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

The video doesn’t prove what it claims to
Conspiracy theories about microchips in the COVID-19 vaccines have been so persistent that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention addressed them in a vaccine safety FAQ.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...eo-doesnt-prove-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine/

Last edited:
I just did an experiment of my own, I've been double vaxxed and nothing shows up on a bluetooth scan apart from my TV
Be interesting to see if anyone here gets any anomalous results

Screenshot_20211018-185627_Settings.jpg

I'm thinking of starting a conspiracy theory that 'ivermectin' is being genetically engineered to make human users infertile, in an effort by the government to get rid of the dissenting minority from the gene pool.
Just to see how far it spreads :p

I just did an experiment of my own, I've been double vaxxed and nothing shows up on a bluetooth scan apart from my TV
Be interesting to see if anyone here gets any anomalous results

View attachment 46822
Probably not on the same frequency range anyway, or it's an obfuscated channel.
Have you tried a really powerful magnet on it? Does it stick? :)

I'm thinking of starting a conspiracy theory that 'ivermectin' is being genetically engineered to make human users infertile, in an effort by the government to get rid of the dissenting minority from the gene pool.
Just to see how far it spreads :p
Dont need a conspiracy for that. It does make males infertile. I linked the research in the non conspiracy covid thread.

A good article:
https://khn.org/news/article/rural-kentucky-unvaccinated-boost-covid-vaccination-rates-strategy/

On the one hand:
Some church leaders have refrained, afraid of offending congregants in a state where distrust of government intrusion runs deep. But not Lewis, who helped build Full Gospel Church on a rare flat parcel of land in 1972 and has led it ever since. With a smooth pelt of silver hair and a luminous smile, Lewis spends long stretches of the day in prayer, and he says God told him to protect his flock.

On the other hand:
Robertson’s father, who lived at the Jordan Center, died of covid in January. Her entire family is vaccinated, including her three children and her husband, who works at Walmart. Everyone except her twin sister, a receptionist for a local pediatrician. She tells Robertson covid is fake and “it’s all because of Biden.”

I thought is was well know and established that the US funded research programmes at the Wuhan lab.
Yeah. But, the new part is that the NiH, (in particular Tabak) is apparently willing to call Fauci a liar in regards to it. The letter discussed in the article seems to be focused on why the NiH should not be held liable for the pandemic. And also that the World Health Alliance misused the funds they received from the NiH(well as far as what Tabak thinks a valid use was, Fauci seemed to approve). Tabak also is going after Daszak the head of the WHA for this, since it was apparently done in defiance of President Obama's ban on gain-of-function research.

I got the jabs done without really thinking about it because I thought 'they' would stop me going backwards and forwards to Ireland and the UK. I went via Gatwick (**shudder**) last month and on the way there I didn't need to present my NHS Covid travel pass at all, then upon arriving at Dublin airport I didn't need to present it. On the return flight I didn't present it at all! I just glided on through both airports. The weird thing about the return was how easily I left the airport. I walked off the plane steps and waited with a group of people for a second shuttle bus that took us to another area of the airport. I then walked through with everyone staying on the ground level, went to the bathroom, walked out and saw an exit sign and just walked out and there I was outisde in the cold and dark of the Gatwick taxi rank area, found the taxi driver, jumped in the back seat and zoomed off into the night towards Bournemouth. No security or Covid checks for my whole trip there and back, now I haven't looked into it so this might by completely normal lol.

A friend of mine keeps taking the piss out me and others who have the jabs, he won't wear a mask or get the vaccine, and he spits sometimes when he talks I think because he talks crap so quickly, so going to the pub with him and having a chat is really irritating. He's convinced there's no virus, and that it's all a fake, a government conspiracy! Not that I want a friend to be poorly, but I can't help but wishing, on some level of my mind that he deserves to catch it out of all the people that suffer and die. To have someone who because he is so bored all the time he believes all the online fake news and then takes the piss out of those who are trying to keep safe seems really sick.

Residents bring down drone believing it was spreading COVID-19​

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/residents-bring-down-drone-believing-it-was-spreading-covid-19/

---------------------------------------------------
Residents of Soledad Atzompa, Veracruz, were alarmed to see a drone passing over their area, so alarmed that they brought down the unmanned aircraft, destroyed it, took some state employees hostage and set fire to five government vehicles.

It appears that the residents were moved to aggression by the belief that the drone was spreading COVID-19.

In reality, the aircraft belonged to the state Public Security Ministry (SSP) and was brought in by the state search commission to look for hidden graves in Soledad Atzompa, a municipality in the mountainous central region of the state.

Back