• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

The idea of dumping stuff and moving on is one of the things not helping the environment. Today it costs more to fix something than by a new one. We need to stop the move that you must have a shiny new one every five minutes.
Ah, but then you are being anti-consumerist. And fall foul of big business. Why d'you think that manufacturers make products that can't be repaired or maintained by the owner? Built-in obsolescence can be both passive and active.

I could have been taken wrong.

I do not believe China.

Russia and the U.S. have the only remaining smallpox virus, but rumors say Russia has shared smallpox virus with France,

Iran, and North Korea.

Who really know the secrets in government ?

For the 'conspiracy theorists' here....what actual evidence (other than the fact that the Wuhan lab is there) exists that China created the virus and accidentally released it?

For the 'conspiracy theorists' here....what actual evidence (other than the fact that the Wuhan lab is there) exists that China created the virus and accidentally released it?
Its was widely reported (early on) by multiple sources that it is 'highly unlikely' and 'can almost definitely rule out' the virus having been released from a lab in Wuhan.

Its was widely reported (early on) by multiple sources that it is 'highly unlikely' and 'can almost definitely rule out' the virus having been released from a lab in Wuhan.
Yes...I think we are all aware of that...but I was asking the 'conspiracy' fans why they might think it was a 'conspiracy'?
:thought:

Yes...I think we are all aware of that...but I was asking the 'conspiracy' fans why they might think it was a 'conspiracy'?

I just think if it wasn’t it a very big coincidence that it came from the same place where there is a large lab dealing with that exact type of thing. And also this;

‘US officials were reportedly concerned that safety breaches at a Wuhan lab studying coronaviruses in bats could cause a pandemic’

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...bout-safety-issues-in-wuhan-lab-report-2020-4

A doctor working with the virus tried to warn the world about the virus, but he was told to shut up. Then he mysteriously died.
Another doctor escaped to the West and she maintains that something bad is going on.
Is that enough to set off the alarms?

A doctor working with the virus tried to warn the world about the virus, but he was told to shut up. Then he mysteriously died.
Another doctor escaped to the West and she maintains that something bad is going on.
Is that enough to set off the alarms?
So basically ...he said, she said.
Does anyone other than conspiracy fans take it seriously?

I just think if it wasn’t it a very big coincidence that it came from the same place where there is a large lab dealing with that exact type of thing. And also this;

‘US officials were reportedly concerned that safety breaches at a Wuhan lab studying coronaviruses in bats could cause a pandemic’

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...bout-safety-issues-in-wuhan-lab-report-2020-4
So then they were studying bats with virus well before the break out in China or...?

So then they were studying bats with virus well before the break out in China or...?
Yes!

‘Amid questions about the origin of the novel coronavirus outbreak, newly reported diplomatic cables showed that US officials had sounded the alarm about possible safety breaches at a lab studying coronaviruses in animals in Wuhan, China.

In the cables, obtained by the Washington Post national-security columnist Josh Rogin, US officials raised concerns about safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in 2018, two years before the novel coronavirus outbreak.

The lab, which holds a level-four biosafety research certification, the highest possible rating, was conducting research on coronaviruses in bats.

After multiple visits to the lab from a US diplomat in Wuhan and a science diplomat at the US Embassy in Beijing in early 2018, the officials became concerned about the safety of the research and sent two "sensitive but unclassified" cables back to Washington, DC, asking for assistance to help the lab tighten its safety protocols.’

This conspiracy is not unfounded. Sometimes there is truth in these things.

Yes!

‘Amid questions about the origin of the novel coronavirus outbreak, newly reported diplomatic cables showed that US officials had sounded the alarm about possible safety breaches at a lab studying coronaviruses in animals in Wuhan, China.

In the cables, obtained by the Washington Post national-security columnist Josh Rogin, US officials raised concerns about safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in 2018, two years before the novel coronavirus outbreak.

The lab, which holds a level-four biosafety research certification, the highest possible rating, was conducting research on coronaviruses in bats.

After multiple visits to the lab from a US diplomat in Wuhan and a science diplomat at the US Embassy in Beijing in early 2018, the officials became concerned about the safety of the research and sent two "sensitive but unclassified" cables back to Washington, DC, asking for assistance to help the lab tighten its safety protocols.’

This conspiracy is not unfounded. Sometimes there is truth in these things.
Link? to a reputable site ...? the one above?

I'm sure it's way back in this thread but there was some interesting discusion about the virus actually escaping from the now closed US lab at Ft Detrick- especially as there was an initial spate of "vaping" related flu like illness and death in the area - that hasn't been seen since Covid came along. One speculation is that it might have either accidently or deliberately then been released\spread to Wuhan , and the yanks aren't going to say "oops that was us" are they ?

The whole Vaping "disease" and the sudden closing of Ft Detrick seems on the surface at least to all be a bit suspect , Covid related ot not.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49649486
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202005/28/WS5ecf46a9a310a8b241159267_2.html
Lab shutdown over safety concerns - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/health/germs-fort-detrick-biohazard.html
"Debunking" - https://infotagion.com/factcheck-was-covid-19-created-by-a-us-military-lab/

And that bloke in the video that's the "source" - he is actually saying he doesnt think it's likely - but using it as an example of how you could make a case for it - he's fairly pro China as a rule, but well worth a listen.

Follow up -

Slight digression ahead - but I'm reminded of my thoughts on the whole "Novichok" affair - my "hunch" on that was it being related to some dodgy smuggling of nasty stuff out of Porton Down.
Back in the day Skirpal was recruited into defecting by a British intelligence agent called Pablo Miller - who later turns up in "civvie" life at Cambridge Analytica - there's a co-incidence.
And the later bottle of "perfume" (unopened btw) that killed Dawn Sturgess - well that was sealed, so wasn't the source of the earlier poisonings - good way to package something being smuggled though. Perhaps meant to have been picked up by two Russian "tourists" who like Cathedrals perhaps ?
Perfectly good B movie plot if nothing else.

Both fit my general theory of "cock up " & "conspiracy" - it all goes wrong by accident , then everyone covers their arse.
I mean it's probably actually worse to say things like that happen by "accident" , probably better for Governments to have us assume some mastemind with a white cat and an evil.... but "competent" plan.
Dr David Kelly's death fits that mold as well and the Hillsborough tragedy is a poster child of a cock up that they tried (and are still trying) for years (with some success) to cover up.

Next time anyone (especially some "expert" wheeled out in a documentary) tells you that their are no conspiracies, ask them to explain this one.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ed-police-hand-over-90-notebooks-8809686.html
"Oh you can't have a conspiracy no one would keep quiet , it would be found out" etc etc
Yeah right - 90 Police notebooks, not 9..... 90.

Not everything is a conspiracy by any means, but sadly after the last few years with all the hoopla in the US, false news etc it will be used to tar any suspicions with the same brush and bury a lot of bad news.
"Never let a good crisis go to waste"

Last edited:
‘WHO backtracks on dismissing Wuhan lab theory as coronavirus probe continues.’

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-wuhan-lab-theory-as-probe-continues-12216442

The WHO team's frustration at China's refusal to cooperate in providing samples and data, means the inspection visit has been a colossal waste of time that has satisfied no-one. Certainly the Chinese regime comes out of this looking worse than ever.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-linked-to-pre-wuhan-covid-says-who-mw28brv27

I very much believe in cock up over conspiracy since I struggle to believe that governments actually have a plan and can control things rather than no plan and very little control! This is why I don't want dismiss the accidental release theory. It is not a conspiracy but a cock up. Of course there would then need to be a "conspiracy" to cover it up but then who wouldn't? It is hardly like owning up to having farted or having eaten the last slice of cake. It is a tad more serious than that.
‘WHO backtracks on dismissing Wuhan lab theory as coronavirus probe continues.’

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-wuhan-lab-theory-as-probe-continues-12216442
Nice bit of Good Cop Bad Cop from the WHO this week. Maybe there is hope for them after all? Notice Dr Embarek's wording here.
He added that if scientists from Wuhan labs had been studying the virus before the outbreak, it would not have been a secret. "Usually laboratory researchers who work and discover new viruses would immediately publish their findings. That's a common practice around the world, particularly with new, interesting viruses," he said.
"Usually"

The idea of dumping stuff and moving on is one of the things not helping the environment. Today it costs more to fix something than by a new one. We need to stop the move that you must have a shiny new one every five minutes.
As a child I heard the saying "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle". Nowadays that's rarely heard. Why? Because money talks, and the people with money want to sell you stuff. Stuff like cellphones? they're functionally impossible to recycle. they're incredibly intricate collections of multiple materials. separating the materials is a massive amount of work. Some products are simple enough to be easily recyclable. But recycling as an industry seemingly isn't profitable enough to be big business.

Yes...I think we are all aware of that...but I was asking the 'conspiracy' fans why they might think it was a 'conspiracy'?:thought:
They seemingly ruled out the Wuhan lab as a source... based solely on the good word from the man in charge of the lab it allegedly came from. That is ultra-sus. No investigation, but you definitely know it's fine and no one needs to worry about it? Nope!

It was also sus that the Chinese already knew how to screen for antibodies in HUMANS when they'd allegedly just discovered it could infect Humans.

The WHO team's frustration at China's refusal to cooperate in providing samples and data, means the inspection visit has been a colossal waste of time that has satisfied no-one. Certainly the Chinese regime comes out of this looking worse than ever.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-linked-to-pre-wuhan-covid-says-who-mw28brv27

Who thought it was going to go smoothly and they’d get answers easily? Pretty much no one. I’m not really sure why the bothered.

The World Health Organization just recently spent two weeks in China at Wuhan Labs.

Their conclusion was China did nothing wrong, the virus was probably was spread by an animal to human.

The WHO said nothing came from the Lab.
Do you really think this unelected, money-grubbing WHO would upset, what will soon become, the wealthiest country on the planet??
The WHO whose biggest funders are the US followed by BILL Gates!!!

The thing that gets me is, without physically showing us proof they still bash on about jumping species. Everybody swallows it as gospel.

If you look for Aliens people want HARD proof but dubious infections and jumping species is ok because they say so!!!

Do you really think this unelected, money-grubbing WHO would upset, what will soon become, the wealthiest country on the planet??
The WHO whose biggest funders are the US followed by BILL Gates!!!

The thing that gets me is, without physically showing us proof they still bash on about jumping species. Everybody swallows it as gospel.

If you look for Aliens people want HARD proof but dubious infections and jumping species is ok because they say so!!!
Probably because viruses can jump between species.

This Corona (crown is Spanish) virus had the CIA's fingerprints all over this from the start. It has been proven that the CIA released other viruses into the populus over the decades..
Ever wondered why a known CIA recruitment University is compiling the corona figures. Yup. John Hopkins Uni.

Hey Jock!! Surely John Hopkins has NOTHING to do with Fort Detrick??

Johns Hopkins University is a private research university in Baltimore, Maryland. (CIA)
is a United States Army Futures Command installation located in Frederick, Maryland.
The same Fort Detrick, the CIA's Base for Mind Control Experiments.

The really scary thing is this Plandemic/Scamdemic is just a "Dry-run"

This Corona (crown is Spanish) virus had the CIA's fingerprints all over this from the start. It has been proven that the CIA released other viruses into the populus over the decades..
Ever wondered why a known CIA recruitment University is compiling the corona figures. Yup. John Hopkins Uni.

Hey Jock!! Surely John Hopkins has NOTHING to do with Fort Detrick??

Johns Hopkins University is a private research university in Baltimore, Maryland. (CIA)
is a United States Army Futures Command installation located in Frederick, Maryland.
The same Fort Detrick, the CIA's Base for Mind Control Experiments.

The really scary thing is this Plandemic/Scamdemic is just a "Dry-run"
Interestingly, a while back, I got a letter asking me if I would like to participate in a Covid-19 testing program. The results would be compiled by Johns Hopkins. I decided not to reply. I haven't had the Covid anyway (yet).

I very much believe in cock up over conspiracy since I struggle to believe that governments actually have a plan and can control things rather than no plan and very little control! This is why I don't want dismiss the accidental release theory. It is not a conspiracy but a cock up. Of course there would then need to be a "conspiracy" to cover it up but then who wouldn't? It is hardly like owning up to having farted or having eaten the last slice of cake. It is a tad more serious than that.

Nice bit of Good Cop Bad Cop from the WHO this week. Maybe there is hope for them after all? Notice Dr Embarek's wording here.
"Usually"

Yep, Hanlon's Razor* needs to be applied to this whole situation. I (personally) feel that a balls-up may have led to the initial exposure of people to the novel (to humans) Coronavirus and then arse-covering was given a higher priority than containment.

Remember the accidental leakage of Foot & Mouth from Pirbright military labs about 15 years ago?

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

China did shut down flights from Wuhan to the rest of China but not from Wuhan to the rest of the world. That could also be a cock up, but it could be more.

Back