• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Interestingly, a while back, I got a letter asking me if I would like to participate in a Covid-19 testing program. The results would be compiled by Johns Hopkins. I decided not to reply. I haven't had the Covid anyway (yet).

No and I don't think you will catch it. I won't. In fact, the leader of the country i am in stated I "wasn't allowed to get it" (being an International truck driver). If this was a REAL virus with such a potential devastating effect, EVERYBODY would be at risk, including the police, Army, Diplomats and truck drivers

But get wise. These testing stations are here to stay for a very long time. Travel WILL become the norm only after you have been tested, at the PRICE they see fit to extort from you, If they don't like your face....it's positive.You travel nowhere
Many Airlines are clamouring for COVID PASSPORTS

But get wise. These testing stations are here to stay for a very long time. Travel WILL become the norm only after you have been tested, at the PRICE they see fit to extort from you, If they don't like your face....it's positive.You travel nowhere
Yes, I hope this doesn't get intrusive or expensive.

Yes, I hope this doesn't get intrusive or expensive.
I think it will. Look at last summer. book holiday, get there, Government changes mind and your in a RED Area.
Now "RED Areas" MUST, With threat of 10 years imprisonment, Quarantine at a hotel appointed BY THEM and you have to bear the cost.
Looks like those Elitists are about to get richer at your vacation expense.

I think it will. Look at last summer. book holiday, get there, Government changes mind and your in a RED Area.
Now "RED Areas" MUST, With threat of 10 years imprisonment, Quarantine at a hotel appointed BY THEM and you have to bear the cost.

It was a stupid idea to book a foreign holiday last year (and this) not knowing what was going to happen.

[Darkly]Yes. £1700 is rather a lot of money in these times.

Ever wondered why a known CIA recruitment University is compiling the corona figures. Yup. John Hopkins Uni.
Ever wondered why the MI6-recruiting University Oxford was actively developing a vaccine? Yup, because it's also a bloody university.

I'm sure the US intelligence services do recruit at Hopkins, as indeed they probably do at all the high-ranking Unis, but that's not Hopkins' exclusive business. Intel involvement doesn't indicate Intel control.

It's a lot of money when the holiday might only cost £600.
£1700 to get back into your house!! it's verging on blackmail
It’s to stop people going. Especially when there’s different variants circulating. A holiday isn’t essential. Also Australia has been doing this for ages and they have got a better handle on things.

Ever wondered why the MI6-recruiting University Oxford was actively developing a vaccine? Yup, because it's also a bloody university.

I'm sure the US intelligence services do recruit at Hopkins, as indeed they probably do at all the high-ranking Unis, but that's not Hopkins' exclusive business. Intel involvement doesn't indicate Intel control.
Do you need a University to compile numbers?
"Intel involvement doesn't indicate Intel control" Certainly not. Keeping it "In-house" means you can manipulate those figures to the desired result.

Do you need a University to compile numbers?
"Intel involvement doesn't indicate Intel control" Certainly not. Keeping it "In-house" means you can manipulate those figures to the desired result.
OK, to take it a step further - are you then saying that if the above is happening then it constitutes evidence that the figures, or indeed the disease itself are subject to directive control for reason or reasons unknown?

If this was a REAL virus with such a potential devastating effect, EVERYBODY would be at risk, including the police, Army, Diplomats and truck drivers

When being dogmatic about your own experience, please remember that people here have had it, that their families, friends, colleagues and aquaintances have had it and that their people have died from it.

Not only are all groups at risk, all groups get it, and all groups have deaths. Maugre the super rich and those who normally have large security plans.

Conspiracy theories cannot be stated as fact - unless each step is carefully argued, supported by evidence and assigned probability ratings!

Insisting that something is FACT, especially in block capitals in a hectoring and dismissive manner, is unlikely to persuade - or even interest - many people here.

Frideswide

It’s to stop people going. Especially when there’s different variants circulating. A holiday isn’t essential. Also Australia has been doing this for ages and they have got a better handle on things.
Remind me. How many variants are there now? Two? Original and S.Africa/UK variant or is the "Kent" variant included as well.
A holiday might not be essential but travel may well be for a multitude of reasons including medical
Australia like New Zealand is at risk of turning into a dictatorship.
If this carries on for another few years, Democracy will be at risk.

The problem is people were asked not to travel, not to expose others to it and the people ignored it.
If you don't do what you are asked to do then you'll be forced to do it for the good of everyone.
"We asked you folks nicely, and gave you the reasons. But you decided that your You Tube 'experts' knew better and ignored us. So now we aint askin', we're tellin'!"
It's not a risk to democracy, it's a risk to the population.
Variants are created by spread, as far as I see. Spread within a community, not necessarily a different country. The more an organism reproduces, the higher chance of mutation. So if, for instance, you had a single city that allowed a virus to run rampant, the virus would have more opportunity to mutate in, say, a much more virulent form. And this virulent form can spread from said city.

When being dogmatic about your own experience, please remember that people here have had it, that their families, friends, colleagues and aquaintances have had it and that their people have died from it.

Not only are all groups at risk, all groups get it, and all groups have deaths. Maugre the super rich and those who normally have large security plans.

Conspiracy theories cannot be stated as fact - unless each step is carefully argued, supported by evidence and assigned probability ratings!

Insisting that something is FACT, especially in block capitals in a hectoring and dismissive manner, is unlikely to persuade - or even interest - many people here.

Frideswide

They have been told they have it. Nobody is given proof. You've got it/panic.
Most of the UK covid deaths have been over-exaggerated by other causes. What, i believe they are called 2nd/3rd/4th causes. All these are reported as covid deaths.

The majority of the general public don't know what coronavirus looks like. Here are 3 pictures of viruses. Which are corona and which aren't.

1)
1613336512431.png

2)
1613336590469.png

3)
1613336671628.png

All i'm trying to do is point out that you only know what the MSM/Govn tell you.
so. 1,2,3 which if any are the coronavirus?

Last edited by a moderator:
My post was friendly staff guidance about your posting style and what is acceptable here. We recommend that new people, especially if they seem to have difficulties engaging with the debate, take the time to read up in forums which are not their area of passion so that they acclimatise without a red mist descending :)

@Jock Abroad You need to sort out your formatting. Let me know if you need help, I can edit your post and it's not a problem.

Frideswide

The problem is people were asked not to travel, not to expose others to it and the people ignored it.
If you don't do what you are asked to do then you'll be forced to do it for the good of everyone.
"We asked you folks nicely, and gave you the reasons. But you decided that your You Tube 'experts' knew better and ignored us. So now we aint askin', we're tellin'!"
It's not a risk to democracy, it's a risk to the population.
Variants are created by spread, as far as I see. Spread within a community, not necessarily a different country. The more an organism reproduces, the higher chance of mutation. So if, for instance, you had a single city that allowed a virus to run rampant, the virus would have more opportunity to mutate in, say, a much more virulent form. And this virulent form can spread from said city.
"If you don't do what you are asked to do then you'll be forced to do it for the good of everyone." that is a dictatorship under the guise of "for the good of everyone.
That statement reminds me of the Hitler govn telling the Germans to Hunt and expose the jews "for the good of everyone.". Yeah that didn't turn out well. Yes. that was a serious risk to Democracy.
When this first broke it was a "Contact" virus which them mulated into an "Airborne" virus. The power that shouldn't be will always tell you the next variant is more XXX(pick your desired choice).
Governments are there to run the country, not run your life. If you let them run your life then your freedom is gone.

My post was friendly staff guidance about your posting style and what is acceptable here. We recommend that new people, especially if they seem to have difficulties engaging with the debate, take the time to read up in forums which are not their area of passion so that they acclimatise without a red mist descending :)

@Jock Abroad You need to sort out your formatting. Let me know if you need help, I can edit your post and it's not a problem.

Frideswide
No thanks. I don't need others to sensor my free speech. Ever thought of working for the Government. :p

OK, to take it a step further - are you then saying that if the above is happening then it constitutes evidence that the figures, or indeed the disease itself are subject to directive control for reason or reasons unknown?
basically. YES.

Exactly. This is my point. ALL THREE have been used as the coronavirus
1) was used by the RCN(Royal College of Nursing)
2) was used by newscientist.com
3) was used by mdclarity.com

All these pictures look totally different
Nobody in the general public knows. They shove any old photo up there and your told to believe.

These pictures are for illustrative purposes only - none of them are actual photos, but computer generated images. "Stock images", so you can blame the web page designer over any kind of conspiracy.

Correct. Many gov agencies recruit at colleges and grad schools. I guarantee that the FBI, NIA, CIA, NID ( :)) peace corps and all the armed services have regular routes thru Hopkins, as they did thru my undergrad and grad schools. Hopkins has a well-funded and top flight med school and was the go to data collector for c19 from day 1.

Probably because viruses can jump between species.
True. It's happened many times. But... IS it what happened?

Adding it to the list of possible origins for the virus is fine. Declaring it to definitively be THE origin is premature. We don't know with certainty where it came from yet. To declare it as a definitely that months ago when we knew even less?
Yep, Hanlon's Razor* needs to be applied to this whole situation. I (personally) feel that a balls-up may have led to the initial exposure of people to the novel (to humans) Coronavirus and then arse-covering was given a higher priority than containment.
Seems like a possibility. Then again, I suspect that containment was impossible by the time they realized what had happened.
No and I don't think you will catch it. I won't. In fact, the leader of the country i am in stated I "wasn't allowed to get it" (being an International truck driver). If this was a REAL virus with such a potential devastating effect, EVERYBODY would be at risk, including the police, Army, Diplomats and truck drivers
The breakdowns on the infection stats are pretty interesting. I checked a while back on the CDC site and it listed 80% or more as having no major symptoms. But more recent studies have concluded this is LESS than the actual, and maybe as few as 13% actually get sick. Yeah some people die, but most don't. Though you might die if you get a second case of a different strain after you survive the first one.
But get wise. These testing stations are here to stay for a very long time. Travel WILL become the norm only after you have been tested, at the PRICE they see fit to extort from you, If they don't like your face....it's positive. You travel nowhere
It's not just airlines. I've heard about it as a general extension of masking rules.
Remind me. How many variants are there now? Two? Original and S.Africa/UK variant or is the "Kent" variant included as well.
only two? depends on how you define them. Looks like the vaccines are too late. Well actually the virus had too many variants by the time anyone made a vaccine for the vaccine to work on them all.
That's just it... that only really applies over long distances... and the virus went global months before the health advisories went out. Quarantine in many places failed before the virus had a name. Read the various links in this thread. The pandemic got started in the SUMMER of 2019. It's been identified in blood samples from Italy that were taken MONTHS prior to the virus having a NAME.
It's as simple as each time (and I mean each individual cell in a person's body) the virus replicates there is a chance to mutate. Realistically it's rare for all viruses in a specific individual to have exactly the same genetic sequence. Many of them mutate constantly. And this is true of the samples of Covid-19 that were obtained in 2019. There were multiple strains before it had a name.

Sure, there are people with an apathetic attitude that made it worse. They're not the reason the virus went global. It went global because it's an airborne disease so contagious you can get it from being in the same room that someone with the virus was in days ago. And also because most people don't actually get sick. Like I said up above about illness rates, the early spread was likely due to people who had no reason to think they had a contagious disease doing normal everyday stuff. The virus was in multiple major population centers back in november2019.

well this popped up today....
Wuhan's COVID-19 outbreak probably 500% bigger than first thought, WHO team tells CNN (msn.com)
It's reprocessed information, but it's at least a decent recap probably.

"US raises ‘deep concerns’ over WHO report on Covid’s Wuhan origins"

Encouraging to see Joe Biden stating that returning to the WHO “never been more important”, but also stressing that rejoining the global health institution also meant “holding it to the highest standards”. One US official said the US government was talking to the WHO privately about its concerns.

https://www.ft.com/content/133fb55f-6630-4994-b34f-f4a78d6fbcab

"US raises ‘deep concerns’ over WHO report on Covid’s Wuhan origins"

Encouraging to see Joe Biden stating that returning to the WHO “never been more important”, but also stressing that rejoining the global health institution also meant “holding it to the highest standards”. One US official said the US government was talking to the WHO privately about its concerns.

https://www.ft.com/content/133fb55f-6630-4994-b34f-f4a78d6fbcab
Aw... it's a pay-to-read site :/

Back