• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Couple Couldn't Conceive Despite Years Of Attempts

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
There's lack of education and then there's this.

A Chinese married couple—who were desperately trying to conceive—learned they had been having sex the wrong way for four years.

The young pair, whose identities have been kept anonymous, went to see obstetrician Liu Hongmei after the woman failed to get pregnant despite having sex on a regular basis, reported the Guiyang Evening News. During their appointment, the woman admitted that sex was “usually painful,” which prompted Liu to perform a gynecological examination.

"The couple were very young, the man 26 and the woman 24. They were very healthy, but, despite being married for four years, couldn't conceive,” Liu said. "Their family was giving them a lot of stress because of it."

The results were unexpected. Liu discovered that the couple had mistakenly been having anal intercourse rather than vaginal to conceive. According to the Guiyang Evening News, Liu gave the couple a sex-education handbook and within months, the woman became pregnant. To show their appreciation, the two sent Liu a live hen and 100 eggs as a gift.

Continued:
https://www.newsweek.com/couple-cou...-been-having-sex-wrong-way-four-years-1089162

I'm wondering about the translation from the original. I am willing to bet that the original said something like they were very 'immature' or 'naive', not 'young'. Because 26 and 24 are not young ages at which to be married in China--at least not for the less educated, which I can only assume they are.

How could they be so clueless? :rollingw::rollingw::rollingw:

Reactions: Jim
I've heard this sort of story before. I wonder if it's just a new spin on a shaggy dog story.

I have heard it before as well, only it was a gypsy couple in that one.

A 'let's laugh at the natives' story I heard in the 80's that probably never happened ..

A team of Westerners were sent to some remote area of Africa to teach the villagers who to use condoms .. the villagers were all gathered to watch the demonstration as a doctor rolled a condom down a phallic shaped piece of wood, they all had a go and that was that. A couple of years later the team returned but found that the population was still increasing. They asked the locals to demonstrate how to put a condom on and good as gold, they all pulled out their phallic shaped bits of wood and did so.

I know a dozen variants on the pillow-biter joke - one of which earned me a hard slap from my mother. I could tell it but I didn't understand it!

Swifty's tale reminds me that sex-education in this country is often delegated to dedicated-teams of nurses who demonstrate how to put condoms on bananas. It is quite the usual thing for condoms to disappear during these sessions. I am told that, more recently, the bananas have been disappearing as well! A sign of the times?

I wonder where they hide them? :thought:

I read 'Unorthodox' by Deborah Feldman recently. It's her story of leaving the Hasidic community she was brought up in. In it, there's a bit where one of her friends had her colon ruptured during sex because both partners were completely uneducated as to how these things worked.

A 'let's laugh at the natives' story I heard in the 80's that probably never happened ..

A team of Westerners were sent to some remote area of Africa to teach the villagers who to use condoms .. the villagers were all gathered to watch the demonstration as a doctor rolled a condom down a phallic shaped piece of wood, they all had a go and that was that. A couple of years later the team returned but found that the population was still increasing. They asked the locals to demonstrate how to put a condom on and good as gold, they all pulled out their phallic shaped bits of wood and did so.

The version I read (possibly in the Reader's Digest) had the team return to the villages to find plenty of new babies in the impeccably-kept houses, each of which had a stick standing up in the ground outside with a weathered condom over the end.

Reminds me of when one of my dogs had an injured paw and I decided to try covering the dressing with a condom to keep it dry. So I gathered my several kids for an ad hoc sex ed lesson to demonstrate the correct rolling technique to them.

They were all hysterical with laughter, especially the youngest, who was about 12 and said 'OK then, if we don't want to have a baby we just roll a condom over the dog's foot! What if we don't have a dog though?'
Smartarse!

I read 'Unorthodox' by Deborah Feldman recently. It's her story of leaving the Hasidic community she was brought up in. In it, there's a bit where one of her friends had her colon ruptured during sex because both partners were completely uneducated as to how these things worked.

tenor.gif

How could they be so clueless? :rollingw::rollingw::rollingw:

I could imagine it happening in Britain prior to about 1968, actually. No such thing as sex ed - it relied on the parents. (And possibly older sisters except I didn't have one) And no-one talked about sex other than in a nudge nudge wink wink sort of way unless you happened to end up in the kind of male work environment where it was discussed. Despite having unfortunate childhood experiences I really had no clue until I was about 18. And my Dad was absolutely what then would have been called a 'man of the world' - he was just rather coy about passing on the info.

He could have saved me a lot of embarrassment if he'd just told me how everything worked.

I could imagine it happening in Britain prior to about 1968, actually. No such thing as sex ed - it relied on the parents. (And possibly older sisters except I didn't have one) And no-one talked about sex other than in a nudge nudge wink wink sort of way unless you happened to end up in the kind of male work environment where it was discussed. Despite having unfortunate childhood experiences I really had no clue until I was about 18. And my Dad was absolutely what then would have been called a 'man of the world' - he was just rather coy about passing on the info.

He could have saved me a lot of embarrassment if he'd just told me how everything worked.
Frankie Boyle:

"I remember sex education at our school being a muttered warning about the janitor."

For folk of his generation, NOT talking about such things was drummed and shamed into you from a very early age and one can't simply shrug that kind of conditioning off.

For folk of his generation, NOT talking about such things was drummed and shamed into you from a very early age and one can't simply shrug that kind of conditioning off.

Having lived through the '60s and earlier I can say that back then, and in fact through the '70s and later, talking about sex meant you knew too much about it and so must be *doing* it.
Especially if you were a girl or woman - you had to be careful or your good name would be gone. So just discussing sex was dangerous. Sex education? Forget it - we don't want our innocent darlings' head stuffed with filth like that.

The story about the original couple, who have no sex education but can still manage anal intercourse, makes me think at least one of them has experience of it. Not a nice thought. If it's true of course, which it might not be.

I'd forgotten that - rumours would swirl around unfortunate girls on the slightest of beliefs, often no more than the boasting of some lad who couldn't admit he'd been rebuffed.

Nail on the head there. Can remember being told by disgruntled swains that if I didn't they'd tell everyone I did anyway!

Having lived through the '60s and earlier I can say that back then, and in fact through the '70s and later, talking about sex meant you knew too much about it and so must be *doing* it.
Especially if you were a girl or woman - you had to be careful or your good name would be gone. So just discussing sex was dangerous. Sex education? Forget it - we don't want our innocent darlings' head stuffed with filth like that.

The story about the original couple, who have no sex education but can still manage anal intercourse, makes me think at least one of them has experience of it. Not a nice thought. If it's true of course, which it might not be.

The human tendency to be so weird in this particular way about things sexual -- in a variety of different cultures worldwide -- causes me sometimes to feel a little surprised that over the centuries, people have managed to reproduce at all; let alone achieving planetary overpopulation.

Nail on the head there. Can remember being told by disgruntled swains that if I didn't they'd tell everyone I did anyway!
The first few times I had sex, the girls were way more experienced than I was. I got dumped by one girlfriend because I didn't try to have sex with her at a party. I was so shy, I was over the moon if I ever got a kiss.

Last edited:
I think the young man knew perfectly well what he was doing.

The first few times I had sex, the girls were way more experienced than I was. I got dumped by one girlfriend because I didn't try to have sex with her at a party. I was shy, I was over the moon if I ever got a kiss.
Pssst! I'll let you in on a little secret. The ladies get a LOT more sex than the guys when young. They get to the stage where they feel all entitled and nobody's good enough for them.
Men get more sex than women when they're older. If they're still alive and the bits still work, that is.

...so you spend the next month crooking your little finger while looking meaningfully in their direction...which seems fair.

Pssst! I'll let you in on a little secret. The ladies get a LOT more sex than the guys when young. They get to the stage where they feel all entitled and nobody's good enough for them.
Men get more sex than women when they're older. If they're still alive and the bits still work, that is.
Yeah, I found that out years later .. I met up with a couple of girls I was friends with after we were all at school together and they admitted they were pretty much gagging for it at the time. It's a good job I didn't know that then because me and my mates were all typical horny teenage boys .. not that I'd have been any good at it when I was 15 .. I was a total man whore until I was about 35 though :)

Yeah, I found that out years later .. I met up with a couple of girls I was friends with after we were all at school together and they admitted they were pretty much gagging for it at the time. It's a good job I didn't know that then because me and my mates were all typical horny teenage boys .. not that I'd have been any good at it when I was 15 ..
There are things worse than finding out a coupla years later later, that the really really really cute girl you fancied would have jumped at the chance, but you were too shy...gimme a minute and I'll think of one...

There are things worse than finding out a coupla years later later, that the really really really cute girl you fancied would have jumped at the chance, but you were too shy...gimme a minute and I'll think of one...
The actual girl next door .. I was seduced by her 21 year old big sister when I was 17 and being sappy, I fell in love with her (I still class her as my first love although she was more a crush now I look back on it all) .. her younger sister was in my class at school and I used to meet her every morning so we could walk a mile to the school bus. Now I look back on it, she dropped so many hints that we could have, you know, 'done it' but I never noticed that at the time because I still fancied her big sister .. the younger sister was really good looking as well! ..

The human tendency to be so weird in this particular way about things sexual -- in a variety of different cultures worldwide -- causes me sometimes to feel a little surprised that over the centuries, people have managed to reproduce at all; let alone achieving planetary overpopulation.

If only certain people are allowed to know much about sex and most aren't taught how to prevent conception, there'll be babies galore. You can even know about contraception but not be allowed to use it.

Also, girls and women kept in ignorance can become pregnant and have babies without even knowing what's going on. A society that will oppress people in this way will encourage men to take control of women. Sex is an attractive perk for this task. These men are oppressed too of course, but they're not having babies.

Back in the '70s contraception was made universally free in Britain under the NHS. I naively thought this would stop teenage pregnancy but it took a lot more effort through education and providing better life chances for girls.

I think the young man knew perfectly well what he was doing.

Yup, I reckon it's how he thought it was done because that's how he'd been shown it. Or else the wife had been abused in that way and showed him. Something's not right.

Back