COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I am willing her on, and will pray she stays well @Swifty!

My Godfather is home again, but weak. My aunt is having more scans and tests, still in hospital.

I managed to get up by lunchtime and have just had a 3 minute disco in the kitchen when some Basement Jaxx came on the radio with an apt choon.

Thanks. She's beaten World War 2 and once showed me the lump she had cut out of her leg when she had cancer over 50 years ago so she's hardcore. She's done national emergencies and worn the T Shirt. She's deaf as a post now though. She's a Christian so will get your prayer X. :)

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Thanks. She's beaten World War 2 and once showed me the lump she had cut out of her leg when she had cancer over 50 years ago so she's hardcore. She's done national emergencies and worn the T Shirt. She's deaf as a post now though. She's a Christian so will get your prayer X. :)
Ooh, Swifty, I hope you got some of her genes.:)

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Hope she will be OK, Swifty.

Swifty

Reaction score
A sturdy Gran! I bet she'll beat Covid given her record!
That wouldn't surprise any of us. I'm hoping she gets a few more years anyway Ramon, she hasn't got a nasty bone in her body although she comes from eras when women were (mostly) expected to stay quite so I've never really got to know who she really is .. the last time I phoned her, I over heard her telling a nurse "Oh .. you're the lady who's always laughing" :) .. I doubt my Dad ever imagined my Mum would die before his Mum but that's life ..

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
Thank you GingerTabby .. XX .. my Sister works on a covid ward and tells me Eileen isn't suffering any adverse effects. I don't want her to die too close to my Mum (my Dad's wife) dying just to cut him some breathing time.
I'm sorry that your family has experienced so much unhappiness recently. It must be an extremely stressful situation for everyone, especially since your sister works on a covid ward. Do take care of yourselves -- all of you!

Swifty

Reaction score
I'm sorry that your family has experienced so much unhappiness recently. It must be an extremely stressful situation for everyone, especially since your sister works on a covid ward. Do take care of yourselves -- all of you!
Like most other people at the moment but we still find time to blaze down deniers. Thanks anyway. X

Victory

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Went to the supermarket tonight 8.45pm.
North London.
Medium sized Sainsburys.
Probably only 10 customers.
Usually would have 100.

Barely a car on the road.

Since January 2nd it has been quiet...not many phone calls or messages.
I just get this vibe a lot of people are suffering from a mild depression.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
Well...since my wife and I are over 65 we hope to get the vaccine soon....they are alreday giving it out to people in our commuiyt over 80 , healthcare workers, etc and we are next from what they tell us. My daughter received her's a few weeks ago since she is a nurse. She had no significant side effects.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I'm awaiting my test results (got test yesterday). Ontario is going to be under "stay at home" orders as of midnight tonight. So no unessential travel ie. groceries, medical appts, work related travel only. Another 28 days. Middle of winter. Yep, living the good life (sarcasm definitely intended.)

And of course since I am awaiting test results, I over think EVERY little ache that I have right now.:sick:

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I hope that everyone who is not feeling well and/or had the virus recovers soon.

I got a call from my supervisor yesterday informing me that a coworker has tested positive and that I need to be tested. She told me that the health unit will be in touch (with the agency I think) either Monday (today) or Tuesday to set up the in house (group home that I work at) test - through a mobile unit. No info yet (its 1530 currently). I found out by calling another coworker that I was the only one informed that I need a test (I worked with the person last weekend). We have had ppe the whole time, but you never know.

At the time that I got the call, I was visiting my mom (who I hadn't visited for 3 weeks), so wonderful (sarcastic). I told her not to have anyone into her house until I get my test results so that she doesn't haven't to wonder who was there since I was. She wiped everything down. We did keep our distance and I went no further than her kitchen and had a coffee and lunch with her. I have no symptoms though (I think, as I am now considering every ache I have had today).

Now my coworker that I've been conversing with has arranged her own test (she wants it for her own safety) and gets an appointment at the local hospital for tomorrow. Ironic as I don't have an appt yet and should and she was able to set up a test for herself faster. She calls the on call supvr to ask about what she needs to do as she is working tomorrow and has the appt. The on call supvr basically tells her to await the mobile unit visit and we don't even know if the unit is testing everyone on staff in the house or just me. wtf? No wonder the numbers are increasing when no one seems to have a clue as to what to do and how.

I left a message with the covid helpline to see what I should be doing and she just called me back to say she will get in touch with the caseworker handling my agency to get more information. She said that generally if you've been in close contact, that you should be self-isolating for 14 days, but she will have to get back to me.

The stupid thing about this is that in the spring, our provincial premier was saying that everyone would be able to get tested for covid19 and that they were ramping up testing centres. They were originally drop in. Now that the numbers have increased dramatically (we are doing worse than Quebec) there are no drop ins. It is appt only and you can't get a test unless you screen in to whatever the criteria are. wtf?

Sign me confused.
Hope everything works out well for you and your mother

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Hope everything works out well for you and your mother
If I don't have it (which I don't think I do), she'll be fine. It's just stupid that I hadn't visited her once in three weeks and the very day that I do, I get notified that a co-worker has been diagnosed and I'd just worked with her the weekend before. We have used masks and visors/goggles for at least two months (the masks have been used all along since last March).

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
If I don't have it (which I don't think I do), she'll be fine. It's just stupid that I hadn't visited her once in three weeks and the very day that I do, I get notified that a co-worker has been diagnosed and I'd just worked with her the weekend before. We have used masks and visors/goggles for at least two months (the masks have been used all along since last March).
I haven’t seen my 87 yo mother all year. Each time we thought it would be safe to go we either had a few cases at work or one of us, me or the wife, got pinged by the nhs app telling us to self isolate. I look forward to mum getting the vaccine and then a quiet period when I‘m sure neither of us has has been further exposed and mum will get two lots of Christmas presents.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I haven’t seen my 87 yo mother all year. Each time we thought it would be safe to go we either had a few cases at work or one of us, me or the wife, got pinged by the nhs app telling us to self isolate. I look forward to mum getting the vaccine and then a quiet period when I‘m sure neither of us has has been further exposed and mum will get two lots of Christmas presents.
Your and my mom are close in age. She'll be 87 this year. I know that your country has more cases than mine, so I really feel terrible for people who've not been able to visit close family at all. Now Canada is getting bad with numbers.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My 87-year-old mum and 86-year-old dad, both with multifarious health issues (dementia, arthritis and more for my mum, heart, balance, blood pressure etc for my dad) have their first jab in a couple of weeks' time. I'll be driving them from Bath to Bristol's Ashton Gate Stadium at the end of the month. This could prove, er, interesting. My mum is incontinent, though I think generally okay during the day, while my dad takes water tablets for his heart so needs regular (and sometimes urgent) toilet breaks during the day. It's about a 40-minute drive each way before taking any queueing into account...

That said, I am very, very pleased that this looks like it's happening and impressed that my mother's carers are helping with this. Life, eh?!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My 84-year old Mum will be getting the Pfizer jab tomorrow. My sis is taking her over to get it done.
I told her to stay around the place for about half an hour before returning, in case of problems.
A couple of her friends have had it done. One told her 'they were treating me like an old lady at that place'. So I asked how old is this lady?
'Oh, about my age' - so I laughed and said 'like an old lady'!

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Went to the supermarket tonight 8.45pm.
North London.
Medium sized Sainsburys.
Probably only 10 customers.
Usually would have 100.

Barely a car on the road.

Since January 2nd it has been quiet...not many phone calls or messages.
I just get this vibe a lot of people are suffering from a mild depression.
It's odd isn't it - during first lock-down at the end of March there were 8 cars in the morning at Aylesbury Station car park, including Staff, which later rose to 12 or so. This week there were 60 cars and yet the trains to London are no fuller and I had the Quiet Zone carriage to myself for the entire journey back.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
I'm awaiting my test results (got test yesterday). Ontario is going to be under "stay at home" orders as of midnight tonight. So no unessential travel ie. groceries, medical appts, work related travel only. Another 28 days. Middle of winter. Yep, living the good life (sarcasm definitely intended.)

And of course since I am awaiting test results, I over think EVERY little ache that I have right now.:sick:
Fingers crossed that your test results will be negative. Hang in there brownmane!