COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Xanatic*

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
In casual conversation, I just learned that the reason the person sitting in front of me at work was gone for a week really was Covid. I had specifically asked my superiors and been told it was nothing. At least now I know why I was sick for a few days as well.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I'm less than 3 miles from a major COVID vaccination centre and even nearer to a smaller one in an Odeon cinema - it's practically on the way to the Station. So obviously the NHS site yesterday tried to get me to book in a centre that's a 25 mile round-trip in the opposite direction, because it's the nearest as the crow flies.
But tried again an hour ago and the crow got it's sense of direction back fortunately.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I'm less than 3 miles from a major COVID vaccination centre and even nearer to a smaller one in an Odeon cinema - it's practically on the way to the Station. So obviously the NHS site yesterday tried to get me to book in a centre that's a 25 mile round-trip in the opposite direction, because it's the nearest as the crow flies.
But tried again an hour ago and the crow got it's sense of direction back fortunately.
I'm in Cromer. I'll take whatever.

Swifty

Reaction score
Someone relatively famous who lives in Cromer came back into my shop today and said:

"Can I ask you a question .. do you wear that mask because you want to or because you have to?"

I wanted to say "It's because I've got a fetish for wearing disposable masks but only blue ones" .. or "Our boss only hires extremely good looking staff but as soon as our customers see us they just can't get their words out so ....."

But he looked stressed out. And he was behind a plastic screen.

"I wear it because I have to." .. the bloke stood with him nodded at me.
"But you don't have to .. because people die of the flu every year and."
"If I didn't wear this, and I fucking hate wearing it and I can't wait for everything just to get back to normal? .. I'd be taking the piss out of my Sister who's HCA'ing a covid green ward at the moment, the same ward I worked on 20 years ago. She tested and it was found she had the antibodies. So she's had it. She didn't die though, she still works there."

That shut him up.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
At work last night the shop was RAMMED between 4-7 with Teesiders (entire families) who had clearly been taking the opportunity of the kids still being off school until Monday, to drive to Scarborough for the day and have a nice day out on the seafront, popping in to our tiny shop on their way home over the moors to give their germs an outing while they picked up their fags and pizzas for the trip home.

And were there any police in sight? Were there buggery. I know they are busy, but honestly, if they want to pick up an easy trawl of people to fine, Scarborough sea front would be favourite, followed by our shop car park.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
On the very day my COVID-19 vaccination was due, where I have ended up instead... hospital!

Had to brought in by ambulance yesterday morning as I could hardly breathe.

Thankfully, turns out the cause is no worse than a serious chest infection... plus some as yet undermined blood poisoning... my electrolytes were abnormal, my blood sugar alarmingly low and keystone levels disconcertingly high (I am not a known diabetic, although have been tested and await results).

The one think which surprised is that when intiallly allocated a single room, I was told it was safe to take my face mask off if I wanted, because the nursing staff had theirs - the full-length visor.

However, couple of hours ago I was moved to small ward - 3 other patients and myself. Not one of us is wearing a face mask and really surprised at this.

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
On the very day my COVID-19 vaccination was due, where I have ended up instead... hospital!

Thankfully, turns out the cause is no worse than a serious chest infection... plus some as yet undermined blood poisoning... my electrolytes were abnormal, my blood sugar alarmingly low and keystone levels disconcertingly high (I am not a known diabetic, although have been tested and await results).

The one think which surprised is that when intiallly allocated a single room, I was told it was safe to take my face mask off if I wanted, because the nursing staff had theirs - the full-length visor.

However, couple of hours ago I was moved to small ward - 3 other patients and myself. Not one of us is wearing a face mask and really surprised at this.
Take care, CN. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score

'No worse than' sounds out of place here.

Rest well.

All the best.

Swifty

Reaction score

Good luck and see if they've got any extra biscuits in case the meal rounds get delayed .. and drink as much water as you're allowed to. X

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I hope you get better soon :sick:o

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Guy across from me, texting on his mobile phone and no facemask.

Guy with beard dozing on chair about 2-3 feet from my bed and no facemask.

Since I realised nobody was wearing a facemask, there hasn't been a nurse in sight I can ask for an explanation.

I assuredly will though; there's a COVID-19 ward in this hospital and it's not far away from where I am!

[Edit: have removed the photos as they were intended only for a brief illustration].

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I assuredly will though...
As I suspected, the explanation is that we have all been swab tested, they proved negative and consequently there's no COVID-19 threat.

However, this is the same hospital where only last December, an outbreak of 22 cases was linked to a non COVID-19 ward and the majority of those patients ended up have to be transferred to, "dedicated COVID wards'...

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score

Do take care! Get well again soon.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Get well soon and get out of there ASAP, CN.

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
As I suspected, the explanation is that we have all been swab tested, they proved negative and consequently there's no COVID-19 threat.
The old fellow in the bed on my right-hand-side, was discharged late afternoon.

Around 90 minutes ago, another old chap was wheeled in to take his place.

He is only NOW being swab tested for COVID-19, so I've put my mask back on. He's not even wearing one.

I can't believe they have brought him into a small, compact, hospital ward where the three other patients have been advised there is no need to wear a mask, because everyone has already tested safe.

How long before his test results are actually known?