• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
In-House GP had his second dose of Pfizer today. Came in, lay on the sofa, and remarked upon a metallic taste in his mouth. He's now up to a sore arm as well.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I haven’t had any symptoms at all.
12 hours later and I haven't either .. I broke my own rules of never talking about covid with my customers today because one customer who is/was anti vax asked me about my jab .. "I didn't even feel it .. it goes into your muscle and not a vein .. hopefully I wont get the sudden urge to start buying Microsoft products (;)) .. erm? .. I've been told of the possible side effects by the doctor so I've got paracetamol prepped in case I get a headache tomorrow .. she says I wouldn't need asprin because I'm on blood thinners anyway .. I'll let you know how I get on." .. he said he's considering getting the jab now .. I told him that's up to him.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Oh, well I guess I'll have to be shamelessly engorged for that 'un. :D

"You are a professional, aren't you?" I ask.

"A professional *what*?" They respond.
The NHS have put many needles in me in the past and I have to confess I'm struggling to see the entry point now the injection has happened .. I can see a tiny red spot that I assume was it .. I've only ever had needles in me through veins or my stomach area before and they usually cause some kind of visible mark. New to me.

Last edited:

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
The NHS have put many needles in me in the past and I have to confess I'm struggling to see the entry point now the injection has happened .. I can see a tiny red spot that I assume was it .. I've only ever had needles in me through veins or my stomach area before and the usually cause some kind of visible mark. New to me.
Sorry mate, they only pretended to give it to you.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
"What are the symptoms?"

"They're an animated family that live in Springfield. Homer, the father, is dumb and overweight"

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I don't mind if any covid deniers go and get the jab. Whatever they think the disease is and how bad it is or it isn't, they have enough faith in science to get themselves and their community protected from whatever they think it is by having a jab. Good for them!

pandacracker

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Surely a really, real covid denier wouldn't get the vaccination because they really believe it's not real.

A covid denier that does get the jab can't, by definition, be a covid denier. They could be an erstwhile denier that has changed their stance due to facts, fear or foreboding, or they could be a wind-up merchant that has believed all along but enjoys being contrary.

What we do know, though, is that there's a virus going around that has killed some people, badly compromised the health of others and made me feel shit.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
I was chatting to a friend of mine who got the jab last Tuesday and felt really terrible for the rest of the week, She had a really sore arm, headaches, nausea and tiredness which is only started to wear off today.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Surely a really, real covid denier wouldn't get the vaccination because they really believe it's not real.

A covid denier that does get the jab can't, by definition, be a covid denier. They could be an erstwhile denier that has changed their stance due to facts, fear or foreboding, or they could be a wind-up merchant that has believed all along but enjoys being contrary.

What we do know, though, is that there's a virus going around that has killed some people, badly compromised the health of others and made me feel shit.
I dunno. I think these people are nuts enough that all bets are off, when it comes to logic. To watch people die in their hundreds of thousands then photo an empty hospital corridor to claim covid doesn't exist - your connection with reality is already a bit challenged, eh? I wouldn't expect logic, there.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
In no rush to have a jab.

Don't feel I need it.
As a general thing, i think it is more about protecting others from ourselves, the fit and healthy are at a much lower risk of sever symptoms or death from complications arising from covid, but anyone can be a carrier, if the vaccination give us an immunity from catching and spreading the disease to the more vulnerable then i feel we all have a resposibility to have the jab when offered, but thats just my opinion.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Official government advice is that none of the vaccines give immunity, or prevent someone from carrying the C19 and being infectious, it is only a treatment to ameliorate the severest of symptoms to give you a better chance of not dying if infected.
So in reality the assumption that those not being vaccinated are putting others at risk, due to their selfishness, does not hold water.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
So in reality the assumption that those not being vaccinated are putting others at risk, due to their selfishness, does not hold water.
Also, if vulnerable people have been vaccinated who will pose a threat to them?

In all the reading I have done it seems that the vaccine "might" prevent transmission. Of course nobody knows because they've not tested these things properly...desperate to pump them out to make shxt loads of money...sorry, I mean to save everybody's lives...(despite the virus not being a much of a problem to probably over 90% of those that get it.

Anyway, I respect everyone's opinion on this matter. All personal choice isn't it.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
To watch people die in their hundreds of thousands then photo an empty hospital corridor to claim covid doesn't exist - your connection with reality is already a bit challenged, eh? I wouldn't expect logic, there.
It really is a bit more nuanced than this though isn't it.

Hundreds of thousands of people did die withn a periond of time of having a positive covid test. These people may not have died "of" Covid but "with it".

And large parts of hospitals were empty and quiet. In my local hospital whole wards were shut. Domestic assistants could not get shifts. Many were eventually let go. There was no work for them to do. Consultants and clinicians working with anything other than A and E/respiratory conditions were sitting around doing very little. I saw this with my own eyes and was told it by hospital workers. Including two consultants.

The NHS was disbanded...replaced by a National Covid Service. Tough luck if you've got anything other than that. So yes...some parts of hospitals were very busy, other parts dead.

Radiotherapists I know are literally in tears at how there ability to deliver their sevice has been crushed by this reorganisation of the NHS. People are dying...and will.

My partner registered an issue with her smear test, a suggestion that cancerous cells were present...she was told to contact the hosital urgently to organise further tests. She did and was told the particular clinic she needs to work with isn't currently running "due to Covid"...it "might" start again later in the year..."don't worry" they told her. She is worried.

A lot of people died "with" a positive covid test result, yes. But people die of other things too. And to focus everything on one thing is, I think, going to mean a lot of dead people. Who could otherwise have been helped.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Thing is though that we are just covering old ground - whether you are a fervent, zealous, adherent and 'believer' of all things covid related, or a rational, sceptical, 'denier', each are in an entrenched position and very unlikely to change their opinion, regardless of what information and/or science is presented to either support or disprove them.

What I do find though is that I can happily and calmly accept someone going along with the wearing of masks, and the distancing, and the vaccine etc etc etc (I don't bother with any of it meself) and I don't get angry with them, if that's what they want to do then that's absolutely fine.
Much like 'free speech' - I might not necessarily agree with your point of view on something but I will 100% support (and defend) your right to express your opinion.
However, I see repeatedly that those on that side of the fence tend to get irritable and 'shouty' when dealing with people who have a different opinion to them.

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Thing is though that we are just covering old ground - whether you are a fervent, zealous, adherent and 'believer' of all things covid related, or a rational, sceptical, 'denier', each are in an entrenched position and very unlikely to change their opinion, regardless of what information and/or science is presented to either support or disprove them.

What I do find though is that I can happily and calmly accept someone going along with the wearing of masks, and the distancing, and the vaccine etc etc etc (I don't bother with any of it meself) and I don't get angry with them, if that's what they want to do then that's absolutely fine.
Much like 'free speech' - I might not necessarily agree with your point of view on something but I will 100% support (and defend) your right to express your opinion.
However, I see repeatedly that those on that side of the fence tend to get irritable and 'shouty' when dealing with people who have a different opinion to them.
Yeah...and I'll catch catch heat for the last couple of posts.

I'm not a believer or a denier about any of this stuff. I just watch and listen and think about what I see or hear.

I just want people to be more adult. More critical. Think more. Don't just sit there like a child waiting to be to told what you can and can't do. Have a look around, see what's going on, make your own assessments and judgement. Behave like adults.