COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it though? I see the Bristol Protest thread has been closed :D funny.
Not half as funny as the fact it was your last undecipherable post alluding to BLM protests that resulted in that thread being reported and closed.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
As the mods are at pains to point out elsewhere, on multiple occasions, political discussion can be saved for other places as it is not a subject to be covered 'in this house'.
The rules of engagement are clear.
Some topics skirt around the edges of political stuff as they might also be deemed of Fortean interest (I think I mentioned something about the cats of downing street somewhere, so that was okay) but I expect that a foray into the activities of BLM and/or Bristol protests will be a tad too heavily weighted in that direction, thus rendering them off-limits.

So back on topic for this thread.
I went out for my daily walk today during the afternoon instead of the morning, as I usually would.
And what a lovely, warm, spring afternoon it is.
Then I realised it is 'half term' when I saw all the saucepans on the skate park.
An ice-cream van turned up too. I resisted purchasing a 99.
And what with the clocks having gone forward on the weekend too I expect it'll be a nice, long evening too.
Summer is on the way and things are getting back to normal I hope.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
As the mods are at pains to point out elsewhere, on multiple occasions, political discussion can be saved for other places as it is not a subject to be covered 'in this house'.
The rules of engagement are clear.
Some topics skirt around the edges of political stuff as they might also be deemed of Fortean interest (I think I mentioned something about the cats of downing street somewhere, so that was okay) but I expect that a foray into the activities of BLM and/or Bristol protests will be a tad too heavily weighted in that direction, thus rendering them off-limits.

So back on topic for this thread.
I went out for my daily walk today during the afternoon instead of the morning, as I usually would.
And what a lovely, warm, spring afternoon it is.
Then I realised it is 'half term' when I saw all the saucepans on the skate park.
An ice-cream van turned up too. I resisted purchasing a 99.
And what with the clocks having gone forward on the weekend too I expect it'll be a nice, long evening too.
Summer is on the way and things are getting back to normal I hope.
Make the most of the sunshine we're due a cold snap by the end of the week :(

Trevp666

Reaction score
You should have walked out backwards, then they might have thought that you were coming in.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Make the most of the sunshine
I spend quite a lot of time outside, pottering about.
Anyways 'a cold snap' at this time of year is nothing, a few 'fleece' days tis all, no worries.
Just move around a bit more quickly, you won't notice it!

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Can I ask of all those who've had both jabs - if you had a reaction to the first jab, did you have one to the second as well? Or, if you had NO reaction to the first jab, what was your experience of the second?

I had no reaction whatsoever to the first jab. My second is due at the end of May and I'd like to know whether I'm likely to react second time round, so I can book a day off work and roll around on the sofa with Netflix, groaning.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
I had some side-effects (lethargy, aches etc.) from my first. Awaiting my second.
I'm going by the theory that whatever side-effects I experience will be better than actually getting the infection. I know it's not 100% guaranteed protection, I know it may/may not prevent re-infection or cross-infection. But the odds are fine by me.

Trevp666

Reaction score
I woke up with a banging headache and a dry mouth, and felt lethargic all morning.
I hadn't had the jab, it was 8 cans of export lager the night before.

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Can I ask of all those who've had both jabs - if you had a reaction to the first jab, did you have one to the second as well? Or, if you had NO reaction to the first jab, what was your experience of the second?

I had no reaction whatsoever to the first jab. My second is due at the end of May and I'd like to know whether I'm likely to react second time round, so I can book a day off work and roll around on the sofa with Netflix, groaning.
Nothing on the first or second. I was sleepy and took a nap for each one but I can't blame that on Pfizer. A little disappointing really.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

We've all only had one jab so far. But after the shitshow that has been my long covid, I've been doing a bit of reading...

Apparently it varies but for many people - AZ people seem to have more reaction with first jab, Pfizer the second. If you have had covid, even asymptomatically, first is more likely to be worst as your body is already primed. If you never had covid, second is more likely to be worse because you are now primed from first shot. All generalisations - and not same for everyone. Another variable is, younger people tend to have stronger reactions than older - certainly the case in our family, as the 20 year old (who had covid twice) had a much more dramatic reaction than any of the rest of us. As did his gfriend who also had covid and is also 20. But those of us who had suspected covid last March, all had some kind of a reaction after first and family members who have had either AZ or Pfizer but never had or suspected they had, covid, had just tenderness in their arms after first jab, maybe felt a little tired.

Many people who had covid have had no strong reaction of course and some people who never had covid have had one.

Research seems to be saying that if you get the heavier duty reaction to the first jab - chills, fevers (systemic I think it is called), then you are more likely to have had covid. If you just get the localised reaction at injection site, you are less likely to have had covid. That's after first AZ, I think.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score

My mum who is 90 didn't have any reaction to both jabs. I had my first one and felt great! I had been feeling lethargic and run down before it and within 24 hours I was full of energy. I did have a very nasty "flu" back in January of last year before Covid kicked off and I remember the particularly horrible cough which was like having lungs full of dry cotton wool. Make me wonder if it was you-know-what.
I'm due to get my next one in a few weeks so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My mum who is 90 didn't have any reaction to both jabs. I had my first one and felt great! I had been feeling lethargic and run down before it and within 24 hours I was full of energy. I did have a very nasty "flu" back in January of last year before Covid kicked off and I remember the particularly horrible cough which was like having lungs full of dry cotton wool. Make me wonder if it was you-know-what.
I'm due to get my next one in a few weeks so it'll be interesting to see what happens.
You sure it wasnt cocaine they injected you with :p

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We've all only had one jab so far. But after the shitshow that has been my long covid, I've been doing a bit of reading...

Apparently it varies but for many people - AZ people seem to have more reaction with first jab, Pfizer the second. If you have had covid, even asymptomatically, first is more likely to be worst as your body is already primed. If you never had covid, second is more likely to be worse because you are now primed from first shot. All generalisations - and not same for everyone. Another variable is, younger people tend to have stronger reactions than older - certainly the case in our family, as the 20 year old (who had covid twice) had a much more dramatic reaction than any of the rest of us. As did his gfriend who also had covid and is also 20. But those of us who had suspected covid last March, all had some kind of a reaction after first and family members who have had either AZ or Pfizer but never had or suspected they had, covid, had just tenderness in their arms after first jab, maybe felt a little tired.

Many people who had covid have had no strong reaction of course and some people who never had covid have had one.

Research seems to be saying that if you get the heavier duty reaction to the first jab - chills, fevers (systemic I think it is called), then you are more likely to have had covid. If you just get the localised reaction at injection site, you are less likely to have had covid. That's after first AZ, I think.
My folks had nothing but sore arms due to needle puncture dads in his 80's and moms nearly 70 but bro was rough for a few days and hes in hus 40's so that seems to be similar to your example.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Oh I saw that on their FB page. The whole of Norfolk was talking about it. There are now giant posters of you on all the bus shelters.
.. and then after we got out, a paramedic was, I swear down, 'dropping the kids off' on the Mrs's car bonnet and I had to chase him away seriously! .. and it took ages to wipe off and this jab is a scam! :mad: .. his turds .. on her actual bonnet.

Frankly, I've had enough of this covid stuff now and we need to all not do this again because it was also shit. I've had enough now.

I still haven't had any side effects.

Last edited:

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
My wife had two shots, and her under arms swelled both times.

I promised her I would get vaccinated now because she was brave, but no vaccine in our county.

The local hospital said maybe some will come in around the first of the month.

The vaccine supply here is still haphazard.

The state of Louisiana is now promising a vaccination for anyone over 16 years of age.

I hope other states open up too.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
.. and then after we got out, a paramedic was, I swear down, 'dropping the kids off' on the Mrs's car bonnet and I had to chase him away seriously! .. and it took ages to wipe off and this jab is a scam! :mad: .. his turds .. on her actual bonnet.

Frankly, I've had enough of this covid stuff now and we need to all not do this again because it was also shit. I've had enough now.

I still haven't had any side effects.
Oh, the man who was marshalling the carpark at the vaccination hub here called me a "Rapscallion" and drew a rude thing in the dirt on my car when I was inside getting the needle.

Must go. I feel this uncontrollable urge to send my bank details to Bill Gates.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My folks had nothing but sore arms due to needle puncture dads in his 80's and moms nearly 70 but bro was rough for a few days and hes in hus 40's so that seems to be similar to your example.
Yes, so far the 20 year olds (both got it early cos carers for someone in group 4), have had the worst reactions, by far. But even so, pretty brief - just a few hours/a day, tops and both feel right as rain now.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score

Thanks Ghost - I'm mostly looking for reports from people who've had both jabs, to see whether the second reaction is stronger than the first.

My friend - who HASN'T had Covid - had a very strong reaction to her first jab. She's wondering whether it's going to be as bad the second time round. I've been exposed to Covid but had no reaction to the jab at all.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Reaction score
We had first jabs about a week ago - Pfizer...no real effects..... slight sore spot at arm spot. Second shot in 2 weeks. I know a man who had 2 shots Pfizer with no real side effects. I heard Moderna causes more symptoms than Pfizer.