COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yes. This is one of those "we want it to be yes or no" issues. When they give per centage probability of anything, it means that there is a tail on the curve. And some experiences will end up in the tail. Whether not you want to be one of the people in the tail should affect your behavior. With both shots I still go out as little as possible, masks, etc because my risk-aversion to being in the left-hand tail on this particular experiment is very high. It would be cool to be in the right-hand tail (100% protected) but you don't get to choose.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
No, Myth.
It really doesn't.
It indicates that one jab didn't stop one person contracting the virus.
The data suggest that even if one does contract the virus, having had the jab will make the resulting effects less virulent.
That's @escargot and pop star Michelle Heaton. Two out of what, 45 million? Get well soon anyway (and to you, Michelle).

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Governor Phil Murphy of New Jersey begging for more vaccine as the coronavirus goes out of control in his state.

The Feds said they have to share with other states.

Governor Murphy tells his state that we are going to be in for a long, hot summer.

The state is averaging about 5,000 new positive cases and 30 deaths a day and increasing daily.

In general, positive cases are up 17% in the over all U.S.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I had a surprise check up visit by the council the other day at work. Fortunately we haven't been so busy today so the place looked good. I showed him our 'due diligence book' with all covid cleaning checks 100% up to date and signed off and he cleared off after leaving me some papers to read .. council suggestions that we're already doing anyway plus more. Pah!. Phoned my boss with the good news that we'd passed :).

Swifty

Reaction score
It's supposed to protect 90-95%, so of course some will get it anyway, but probably not so seriously.
Not to rub it in but after I had the Astra Zanec version of the jab? .. side effects are one of the few bullets I've been able to dodge over the last 12 months .. I'm very grateful, no side effects at all, maybe because of the blood thinners I'm on? .. and I'd probably end up in the unemployed again thread again if not so. Because life's a bitch .. but not this time for me .. for once ..

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Not to rub it in but after I had the Astra Zanec version of the jab? .. side effects are one of the few bullets I've been able to dodge over the last 12 months .. I'm very grateful, no side effects at all, maybe because of the blood thinners I'm on? .. and I'd probably end up in the unemployed again thread again if not so. Because life's a bitch .. but not this time for me .. for once ..
Im negating any side effect from my jab today, headache, general feeling of shitness etc by getting drunk, so the hangover will mask any symptoms :hahazebs:

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Also, if it's a 2 jab vaccination (which the UK ones currently all are), having just the first jab does not yet confer full protection from the virus - so it's no surprise that there are some cases post Jab 1. There'll be less post Jab 2 and even less, the more people who have it. Right now we only have about half the adult population half-vaccinated. So for anyone to jump on a case of someone getting covid after their first jab, is a bit desperate. They have not yet had the full course. And even if they had, there's a chance they might develop the disease. Although what these vaccines seem to be very, very good at doing - is almost totally preventing hospitalisations. And so not only a milder case, but way less possibility of finding yourself in hospital at all if you are unfortunate enough to get it.

Swifty

Reaction score
Im negating any side effect from my jab today, headache, general feeling of shitness etc by getting drunk, so the hangover will mask any symptoms :hahazebs:
So just another average day for you then? .. have you ever thought about moving to ****** ? ..

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Also, if it's a 2 jab vaccination (which the UK ones currently all are), having just the first jab does not yet confer full protection from the virus - so it's no surprise that there are some cases post Jab 1. There'll be less post Jab 2 and even less, the more people who have it. Right now we only have about half the adult population half-vaccinated. So for anyone to jump on a case of someone getting covid after their first jab, is a bit desperate. They have not yet had the full course. And even if they had, there's a chance they might develop the disease. Although what these vaccines seem to be very, very good at doing - is almost totally preventing hospitalisations. And so not only a milder case, but way less possibility of finding yourself in hospital at all if you are unfortunate enough to get it.
There is strong evidence that since the vaccination programme in the UK started (bearing in mind the delay in tje time the jab is given to when it takes effect) the amount of hospital admissions and deaths 'with' covid have been steadily dropping.

Swifty

Reaction score
It's not a disease, it's a virus.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
So just another average day for you then? .. have you ever thought about moving to ****** ? ..
I have visited once when i was in my late teens, i remember having a chippy dinner from a chippy near the pier, i was camping in a random field in Holt at the time, and remember going to Gt Yarmouth to watch the banger racing.

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
It's not a disease, it's a virus.
COVID-19 is a disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus strain.

The fact that some people develop disease following a jab is not unsurprising. As others have stated, it's hoped that generally any disease will be less severe/acute than if they hadn't had a jab. Of course, there will always be exceptions and some people may still develop severe disease that requires medical intervention.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
COVID-19 is a disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus strain.

The fact that some people develop disease following a jab is not unsurprising. As others have stated, it's hoped that generally any disease will be less severe/acute than if they hadn't had a jab. Of course, there will always be exceptions and some people may still develop severe disease that requires medical intervention.
I could add that any vaccine is, in reality, injecting you with a small part of the virus

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

Swifty

Reaction score
That girl already had a lot wrong with her, so I fear she will be another casualty. :(
I don't know what to tell you other than she's in the best place she needs to be in at the moment mate X .. and patient care techniques have improved since this first started so hang on to that hope for her.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
A report by Sky News on the 'clotting' issue.

The TLDR of it is that the UK’s medicines regulator recorded 30 blood clot cases after the first 18 million doses of the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine. The MHRA insists that the benefits of the jab still “far outweigh any known side effects”.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...zeneca-jabs-says-medicines-regulator-12263543
Something like seven of those died, out of 18 000 000. Yes it’s sad they died but that is approximately one in 2 700 000, those are very small numbers, I would take that risk, in fact, I did.