COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Some people are saying that workplaces are going to bring in the twice weekly testing for staff. Not quite sure what the point will be, bearing in mind that you are probably infectious before you test positive.

Don't think there will be any point in them bringing it in to my workplace. The staff may all test negative, but we can hardly insist on every customer who comes in having a test.

Anyone heard from @escargot lately? I do hope she's up and sliming about soon. Get well soon, Skargy!

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Some people are saying that workplaces are going to bring in the twice weekly testing for staff. Not quite sure what the point will be, bearing in mind that you are probably infectious before you test positive.

Don't think there will be any point in them bringing it in to my workplace. The staff may all test negative, but we can hardly insist on every customer who comes in having a test.

Anyone heard from @escargot lately? I do hope she's up and sliming about soon. Get well soon, Skargy!
Swifty has spoken with skargy and shes getting better, check the 'happy easter' thread

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
You know, I sometimes wonder if I've moved into a parallel universe. Partly because of the isolation, I suppose. But for the last three days the local weather forecast has been telling me there are strong cold winds - 20 miles an hour or more - when in fact its been calm - unusually so for the time of the year.

BlackPeter

Ancient Badger
Reaction score
You know, I sometimes wonder if I've moved into a parallel universe. Partly because of the isolation, I suppose. But for the last three days the local weather forecast has been telling me there are strong cold winds - 20 miles an hour or more - when in fact its been calm - unusually so for the time of the year.
Me too, the local forecast where I live often has nothing to do with what is going on - best example was when I was told 'it is clear and sunny' as I was looking out the window at some of the heaviest snow I have ever seen falling!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My friend in Bedford phoned me yesterday to say it was snowing. Nothing here, dry as a bone!
My local forecast is useless.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I knew they were short of staff but really, getting your local purveyor of meat products to act as a jab-handler is a bit much.

David Plankton

I AM HIM.
Reaction score
I know two people who have had both injections. One simply has a handwritten card with name/date/batch number while the other has a card with a printed sticker containing all of the above but also a QR code. I thought this might have something to do with 'covid passports', so I scanned it for them.
A notice came up which said 'null QR code/failed Facetime call'. It then tried to call a Facetime number unsuccessfully.
Then I asked someone who has only so far had one dose but has a card with a QR code on it, which I scanned to get the same result.

I can understand them having the infrastructure ready if and when vaccine certificates become law. What I don't get is what has this got to do with the Facetime App?

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
I know two people who have had both injections. One simply has a handwritten card with name/date/batch number while the other has a card with a printed sticker containing all of the above but also a QR code. I thought this might have something to do with 'covid passports', so I scanned it for them.
A notice came up which said 'null QR code/failed Facetime call'. It then tried to call a Facetime number unsuccessfully.
Then I asked someone who has only so far had one dose but has a card with a QR code on it, which I scanned to get the same result.

I can understand them having the infrastructure ready if and when vaccine certificates become law. What I don't get is what has this got to do with the Facetime App?
I didn’t get a card at all, just a pamphlet about potential side effects.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
I was given a card with the name of the vaccine the batch number and the date given. I've just scrutinised it in case I'd missed something!

Sollywos x

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I've got a card, it's in my wallet .. behind the taxi cards and in my back right pocket .. (back left pocket is Bletcho's office) .. I'm hoping she can laminate it for me where she works. I'll probably end up losing it somewhere anyway.

gordonrutter

Within reason
Staff member
Reaction score
I was given a card with the name of the vaccine the batch number and the date given. I've just scrutinised it in case I'd missed something!

Sollywos x
Yeah I was expecting all of that information, so when I had had it and some paper was thrust at me, so that is what I assumed I was being given along with other stuff, but nope. One if the bits does say date for next vaccination but of course there is nothing on it and no indication I have had my first.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Yeah I was expecting all of that information, so when I had had it and some paper was thrust at me, so that is what I assumed I was being given along with other stuff, but nope. One if the bits does say date for next vaccination but of course there is nothing on it and no indication I have had my first.
My card also had a 'date for next vaccine' left blank. Thinking it must be due soon ...

David Plankton

I AM HIM.
Reaction score
One if the bits does say date for next vaccination but of course there is nothing on it and no indication I have had my first.
They'll know you've had it just by looking - the chimp DNA will be kicking in by then.

Seriously though, Facetime wtf? Are the government going to trust our private data to them? I've scanned it again and the same thing happened.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I know someone who has had private medical cover for years and years (British citizen, in the UK, but is not registered with a local doctors etc).
They have had terrible difficulty getting jabbed. Multiple calls and trips to a local doctors, each of which was a combination of ineptitude and 'buck passing', and/or straight out refusal to add them to the list.
They even went to their private doctor (in London) to see about sorting it out but was told that the private practice does not have access to any of the current vaccines, and that they needed to register with a local surgery.
Finally they did manage to get a 1st dose locally but that was only thanks to the actions of a senior assistant at the surgery who forced their details onto the system.
No card or other details were issued (because no NHS record to append the info to) but they were told to return in a few weeks for the 2nd dose.
It has all been very frustrating, especially considering he has never had to use the NHS and just thought he was being good by saving the NHS a bit of money through 'going private'.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Sollywos x
Dad didnt get a second jab date, they just text him a few days before to let him know when it was

BlackPeter

Ancient Badger
Reaction score
Just been out for a walk up road to have a pint (or two) at my village pub (Robin Hood) lovely sunny afternoon here (so not cold outdoors) Very nice - first drink I have had in a pub since 2nd of November on holiday down in Devon at the Union Inn in Stibb Cross!

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
U.S. news claims Britain eases restrictions.

People are lining up at pub gardens, hairdressers, gyms, etc.

Pub people are ready to party in the open.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

I went to town today and it was packed, loads of people queuing to get in to hairdressers and a pub i pass on my journey had dozens of punters in the garden

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score

Tis true, the Pubs on the way to King's Cross in London have put some awnings up and taken over both sides of the pavements as 'a garden'. Healthy queue at the barbers at Marylebone station.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Headaches, bad photo-sensitive headaches, morn and evening - only Naproxen helps but I can't function too well at work on that. Had my first jab (AZ) about 3 weeks ago and got bad shoulder and back pains BUT the headaches started 12 hours before, that so can't blame it on a blood clot.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
When I booked my first jab, at a local (well, 30 miles away) vaccination centre, I was able to book my second jab at the same time. A box popped up with the date I could have it, and I just had to book a time slot. I got a card with the type of vaccine, time of vaccination and the batch number.