COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Vardoger

I'm #1 so why try harder
Reaction score
Booked for the first jab of Pfizer on Thursday. Second jab six weeks later.

Seems like Norway is dumping AZ. We have had five times as many blood clots per 100,000, as EU nations has had. Must be something genetic.
1 in 20,000, while EU has had 1 in 100,000.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A study has found that the most common side effect of the covid 19 vaccination, is a sore arm at the injection site.

The most common side effects of the Covid-19 vaccines are pain or tenderness at the injection site - in other words, a sore arm - a UK study has suggested.

Roughly one in four people had wider effects like fever, headache, nausea and fatigue.
But these only lasted on average for one day.
Researchers involved in the ZOE Covid

Symptom Study app saw fewer reactions than were seen in clinical trials.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56901356

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Symptom Study app saw fewer reactions than were seen in clinical trials.

That's maybe because people didn't get around to reporting it?

Sollywos x

Eponastill

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I had my A-Z jab on Saturday and I still feel exhausted. Bit bored of it now. Also have had intermittent feelings of panic and doom. Curiously my sister also had some doom feelings. Perhaps it's just us... I've not read about those being side-effects!

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
I have in my hand a piece of paper ... inviting me to take part in a COVID-19 in-home antibody testing research study. The Gov't wants to know how many people in England have protective Covid antibodies, either due to a vaccine or a previous infection. Study by Imperial College London/ Ipsos MORI/ DHSC/ with names picked at random from NHS list of patients registered with a GP (no idea who that would be)- so much for Data protection.
Anyone else get one ?

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I have in my hand a piece of paper ... inviting me to take part in a COVID-19 in-home antibody testing research study. The Gov't wants to know how many people in England have protective Covid antibodies, either due to a vaccine or a previous infection. Study by Imperial College London/ Ipsos MORI/ DHSC/ with names picked at random from NHS list of patients registered with a GP (no idea who that would be)- so much for Data protection.
Anyone else get one ?

Yes - I was invited last November as detailed here. The swab kit didn't arrive until 7 weeks after the closing date.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I can't help wondering about all the doubt being cast on the Oxford Astra-Zenica vaccine. I mean, I've been told it's the only one of types available that is being sold at cost rather than with profit?
All of the vaccines have a similar track record with regard to blood clots (i.e. in reality, not much of a correlation as the cases are so few). Somebody is just going out of their way to make trouble for Astra Zeneca, I think.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Swab kits have been upgraded to finger-prick test and I've got until 7th May.
Not sure.

On re-reading I've realised your invitation is for a different research project - yours is an antibody test, mine was simply to tell if I had it at that point. It wouldn't tell me if I'd had it previously or had antibodies.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
I'm still eager to get my second A-Z vaccination. T'missus has already had hers. The only side effects I experienced with the first was an ache in the arm (like I'd been punched) and a general lethargy. Both came on about a day after the event then wore off after another day.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
On re-reading I've realised your invitation is for a different research project - yours is an antibody test, mine was simply to tell if I had it at that point. It wouldn't tell me if I'd had it previously or had antibodies.
Read in my paper today that the Gov't has declared about 70% of the population possess antibodies to COVID, either through vaccination or infection. How do they know that if the studies haven't been conducted yet ?

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Read in my paper today that the Gov't has declared about 70% of the population possess antibodies to COVID, either through vaccination or infection. How do they know that if the studies haven't been conducted yet ?
At least two thirds of the population have had at least one vaccination that only leaves under 4%

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Had my first jab AZ this morning feeling fine except for a raging thirst since around tea time.
Here you go, this'll do the job! Though I'm not sure it's macho enough for Gene Hunt, more 'a white wine for the ladies'. And before anybody takes offence, I'm a bloke and my drink of choice is... white wine.

(And is that a new avatar? I really must rewatch Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes and hope that the mooted third story will be made... Love the puppet Gene and Sam. Helps that I'm old enough to remember Camberwick Green.)

b5711bfc6efd1e570670f665ca631926.jpg

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Anyone else get one ?
Just spoke to mom, she got a letter today asking her to take part in the same study

Gene Hunt73

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Here you go, this'll do the job! Though I'm not sure it's macho enough for Gene Hunt, more 'a white wine for the ladies'. And before anybody takes offence, I'm a bloke and my drink of choice is... white wine.

(And is that a new avatar? I really must rewatch Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes and hope that the mooted third story will be made... Love the puppet Gene and Sam. Helps that I'm old enough to remember Camberwick Green.)

View attachment 38704
Thank you. Yes it's a new avatar.
Hunt usually only sups the best Northern bitter brewed within three miles of Manchester city centre!
But much appreciated, and stay out of Camberwick Green.
I hope the new series comes to fruition but needs to happen quickly Gene is nearing pensionable age!

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I have no idea what the situation is for people, but covid has been hard on my family.

My wife and I are retired but the rest of my families have to work both moms and dads.

Sometime the grandkids are in and out of school depending on how much covid is found in the school.

Just like the grandkids, the moms and dads work at the office or work from home depending again on the covid situation.

My wife and I try to help as much as we can which ties us up a lot.

Covid has changed how much time people have.

Last edited by a moderator: