COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Yesterday, I went shopping in the supermarket. I noticed straight away that not many people are wearing masks now. They probably think they're safe now they've had the jabs. Wearing a mask, I felt out of place.

Yesterday, I went shopping in the supermarket. I noticed straight away that not many people are wearing masks now. They probably think they're safe now they've had the jabs. Wearing a mask, I felt out of place.
Same here I'm having to do my shopping in the late evening when there are very few people about. True the shelves maybe less full or even empty but I feel a lot safer!

Endlessly Amazed

Endlessly, you know, amazed
Reaction score
I have never stopped wearing my mask in public. I only go to grocery stores, the library, and medical offices. I may have to give up the grocery stores and library again as my US state covid rates rise. I try to be the first in the store when they open, and try to avoid any confrontation with the strangers who argue with me that I don't need to wear a mask. Although, I admit to once taking my mask off in front of a non-masked person who was scolding me (he was also deliberately banging my grocery cart with his) and coughing. He scampered away. I am, alas, unrepentant.

JahaRa

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
My wife has female friends, but the few men I talked to in the past have passed away, so I don’t talk too much ( a problem of growing older and watching people die ).

Three of her fully vaccinated friends got sick with covid but should be OK.

What is the government not telling us about the covid vaccinations ?
That the mRNA versions of the vaccines are experimental and not proven, and apparently based on what Israel is going through, not as helpful as claimed. The Johnson & Johnson seems to be much more effective. Look up mRNA immunotherapy drugs for cancer. The Common side effects can be worse than the cancer. So, my question is, Why did Pfizer/Biontech & Moderna decide to use that methodolgy for a covid vaccine? The biggest problem I see is that the mRNA drugs do the same thing to your cells that cancer does, but for some reason they think it is supposed to kill the cancer and hopefully before it kills you, not much different than the chemo therapy used 40 years ago.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Do you think there will be a further lockdown this winter?

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
Rescheduled for a week tomorrow, online. So that's a relief. Thanks, everyone, for your positive wishes.
They offered me the position :cheer:. Also, I'm pretty much better: I have energy again, my runny nose is now back at walking pace, and even my sense of smell and taste are beginning to return. Which is as well, because my appetite went through the roof while I was poorly, and it was miserable chomping away mechanically. I have developed a very intermittent cough, but it is not painful. So I should be good to re-enter society as of Friday at 00:00.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
They offered me the position :cheer:. Also, I'm pretty much better: I have energy again, my runny nose is now back at walking pace, and even my sense of smell and taste are beginning to return. Which is as well, because my appetite went through the roof while I was poorly, and it was miserable chomping away mechanically. I have developed a very intermittent cough, but it is not painful. So I should be good to re-enter society as of Friday at 00:00.
Congratulations on the job and I'm glad you are feeling better :)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
They offered me the position :cheer:. Also, I'm pretty much better ... So I should be good to re-enter society as of Friday at 00:00.
Great news! Congratulations on the job offer and improved vitality ...

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score

Congrats!

Victory

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Congrats!
And continue with your recovery.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score

Well played, mate.

Glad to hear you're almost ready to rejoin the living.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Well done! How pleasant to get some glad tidings! All the very best for the new job and your continuing recovery. :)

Sollywos x

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Excellent news Sir :cool:

Gene Hunt73

Fire up the Quattro.
Reaction score
Great news mate.

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
Congratulations Krepostnoi! That's wonderful news!

Endlessly Amazed

Endlessly, you know, amazed
Reaction score
I have had a clear benefit to my getting covid in 2020! Really. After my infection, I became immediately and seriously allergic to dairy: wheezing, face hot and itchy, etc. So I gave up dairy. Last week, I had my annual full spectrum blood panel done. My cholesterol dropped by 40 points. Giving up dairy was the only change. Go Covid (not)!

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
My GP got Corona last week, so the appointment got delayed. Both GP and employees, plus patients has to wear masks and use disinfectant, but perhaps the Delta variant didn't care.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
My GP got Corona last week, so the appointment got delayed. Both GP and employees, plus patients has to wear masks and use disinfectant, but perhaps the Delta variant didn't care.
Maybe he was less careful in his private life, might have a child/grandchild who caught it and passed it on etc...

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Random conversation from March last year. I was walking up the alleyway behind my house when a little girl (about 4 I think) shouted "Grandad!" and started running towards me:

"STOP! ... well done! .. that's very good listening :) .. I'm not Grandad, I'm the man who lives next door to your house. The rules are that we have to be kind and look after the poorly people by staying away from them for a bit OK? .. but it's lovely to see you" ... this is weird times for kids to be growing up in.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Just had a phone call from daughter-in-law.
Both her and granddaughter have tested positive for Covid.
As we took our granddaughter on a day out to the beach last Friday, we'd better get tested too.

Hope yer ok and the family recover soon.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
As we took our granddaughter on a day out to the beach last Friday, we'd better get tested too.
A speedy recovery to your family and I sincerely hope you have not picked it up.
My line manager went down with it at the back end of last week, he is now the third person I know from work who has been double jabbed and still contracted it. The smugness and safety I felt after getting both my jabs is rapidly disintegrating

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
Stay safe, BMCS and family, and a speedy recovery to your loved ones who are already ill.